Thread: What is best for us? LETTER FOR RECONSIDERATION or APPEAL?

What is best for us? LETTER FOR RECONSIDERATION or APPEAL?

Hello Everyone I hope you're all havin a great New Year!!

I'm Adam Grace's Fiancee and it's my first time to write here, I've been reading threads here that are indeed very much useful, thanks a lot to this forum, anyways our problem is this:

Grace lodged her application last 15th of Nov. 2011 and after almost a month (6th of Dec, 2011) Grace got a call from the Brit Embassy people and asked her where is her original english certificate and only gave her until 16th of Dec, 2011 to give it to them and send via courier. (after talking to the Brit embassy people, Grace called the Theodolite centre about it and asked where is her certificate, and as usual they kept on saying to us "WE ARE STILL CHASING IT UNTIL NOW" and obviously this is not good because we've waited for ages already.

(for you to understand why the ECO finds Grace's original cert.)

(Grace took her exam in the THEODOLITE CENTRE in Cebu, and i tell y'all that this centre is so useless, we've waited the certificate for 4 months and until now and the owner of the centre assured us that for the mean time Grace will just include that piece of paper like a candidate form and a letter coming from them telling that as soon as they will get the original certificates coming from the City and Guilds they will courier it straight to the embassy. They said that the ECO will just accept that one and consider Grace's application because they handled cases same as ours and it was indeed approved. So we assumed that everything was fine.

so before the 16th of Dec. the case worker that handled our case emailed Grace telling that they got the English certificate, so we thought that everything was fine but they emailed Grace again last 20th of Dec, 2011 and this was the message:

Manila Ref: XXXXXXX

The initial processing of your visa application has commenced. Having assessed the application, the Entry Clearance Officer has decided that additional supporting documents are required in order that full consideration can be given to the application. You are therefore now being given a limited opportunity to provide the following documentation so the application can be assessed. Please provide the following:

* English Language Certificate

We have seen the certificate that you submitted with your application. However, please be advise that we can only accept English language test certificate from the new approved test centres. As your certificate is not on the approved list, please be advised that you need to provide an English language test certificate from one of the following approved test centres:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...lish-tests.pdf

You must have to submit the new test centre within 2 weeks.

We complained this matter to the Theodolite management and asking why did it happened, and why did they courier the not approved one to the Brit Embassy. and they just said that we are still keep chasing Grace's City and Guilds certificate. They made a lot of promises to us and other visa applicants who took to their centre and all of us were complaining with their services. anyways. Grace needs to submit the original and they gave Grace until tomorrow 10th of January. and sad to say we can't give it to them because Theodolite people are hiding from us and we don't know what to do because we really think that if we can't give the original cert our application will be refuse,

just incase our application will be refuse and they only need the english cert, I am planning to let Grace take the exam again in Pearson in Manila (I heard they will release the result so quickly) I will not mind anymore about the payment because I just want Grace to be here ASAP...if she will take the exam again and the visa will be refuse.. what is really the best thing to do? to make a letter for reconsideration? or Appeal? what is the difference between the two?

I really hope to hear from you soon. your reply is greatly appreciated. CHEERS!!

PS:sorry if this message takes u a lot of time to read it.

Adam
    ADAMGRACE

Banned
    Grace / Adam. What a mess eh....

I can vouch for Hopkins TOEIC in Makati. They were both approachable and professional. I looked at Pearsons but opted for Hopkins as they seemed to have more bookable exams in their calendar than Pearsons. Anyhow, good luck.

However, please be advise that we can only accept English language test certificate from the new approved test centres. As your certificate is not on the approved list, please be advised that you need to provide an English language test certificate from one of the following approved test centres:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...lish-tests.pdf
    I read that message with interest as back in July I had sooooooo much trouble trying to get hold of an accurate approved list. I spent hours on the phone, from the UK, to VFS and UKBA and Pearsons and Hopkins and a million other potential English test providers. Both VFS and the UKBAs approved lists were contradictory to the degree of being a complete farce. My recollection was that even the UKBAs approved list was wrong at the time.

Anyhow. Hopefully Terpe or Joe or someone will be able to advise you on how to tackle the next move with your application.

Hi Adam, I took my english test at Hopkins International in Makati. I got the score results and certificate in 2 weeks and the score was very good. I agree to lastlid that they are professional.

I would say Grace will have to take another test at Hopkins. Get the results, send the additional documents and request for reconsideration. I'm sure Terpe and other members will have a professional advice regarding this.

Goodluck and I hope everything will work out. I'm sure it will just keep being positive its all part of life

you would ask for reconsideration b4 an appeal, an appeal could take 6 months or more
    so when was the 2 wks up 16th dec ?
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

yes I agree with Mr Lastid here....its quiet confusing that's why upon reading this thread I also asked about TOIC English exam of Hopkins International Partners, Inc. .....but I was enlightened by the answers of some members here .......
    Adam here's the address and contact number of Hopkins tell Grace to register online before she come over here in Manila.....

Hopkins International Partners, Inc. (Main Office)
    Sole Authorized Philippine TOEICŪ Representative
    4th Floor PDAF Bldg., 407 Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue corner EDSA
    (near MRT-Buendia Station) Makati City
    Telephone: (632) 895-9944; 896-5808
    Mobile: +63922-8863420 / +63922-8863421 / +63922-8863422 / +63917-5972278
    E-mail: inquiries@hopkins.ph

Thank you so much mate, I will tell Grace about this Hopkins and book an appointment right away. Cheers

Kind regards

Adam
    ADAMGRACE

Quote Originally Posted by juvyjones28 View Post
    Hi Adam, I took my english test at Hopkins International in Makati. I got the score results and certificate in 2 weeks and the score was very good. I agree to lastlid that they are professional.

I would say Grace will have to take another test at Hopkins. Get the results, send the additional documents and request for reconsideration. I'm sure Terpe and other members will have a professional advice regarding this.

Goodluck and I hope everything will work out. I'm sure it will just keep being positive its all part of life
    Thank you so much Juvyjones

I will tell Grace about it and hopefully book an appointment ASAP.

yes you're right and maybe this is only a TEST THAT GOD GAVE US! and we promise not to surrender for this battle! Cheers!!

Salamat kaayo (my few cebuano words he he)

Adam
    ADAMGRACE

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    you would ask for reconsideration b4 an appeal, an appeal could take 6 months or more
    so when was the 2 wks up 16th dec ?
    if ever we will get a news from the Brit Embassy and if its denied (for sure) we planned to have a Letter for reconsideration together with Grace's new english certificate and send it via courier.

They called Grace last 3rd of Jan, 2012 to personally say that we only have until 10th of Jan to provide the cert. but unfortunately due to someones fault we weren't able to give it on time. so I think we will get a news from them maybe this week or next week.

my question is, if we will make a letter for reconsideration: to whom are we going to address the letter?

Thank you so much

kind regards,

Adam
    ADAMGRACE

Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    yes I agree with Mr Lastid here....its quiet confusing that's why upon reading this thread I also asked about TOIC English exam of Hopkins International Partners, Inc. .....but I was enlightened by the answers of some members here .......
    Adam here's the address and contact number of Hopkins tell Grace to register online before she come over here in Manila.....

Hopkins International Partners, Inc. (Main Office)
    Sole Authorized Philippine TOEICŪ Representative
    4th Floor PDAF Bldg., 407 Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue corner EDSA
    (near MRT-Buendia Station) Makati City
    Telephone: (632) 895-9944; 896-5808
    Mobile: +63922-8863420 / +63922-8863421 / +63922-8863422 / +63917-5972278
    E-mail: inquiries@hopkins.ph
    Thank you very much for the address and contact numbers Marie.

kind regards,

Adam
    ADAMGRACE

Banned
    Yep, I had several long chats on the phone with them at Hopkins and on each occasion they took the time and effort to deal with my queries, explained the scoring etc etc.

Hi adam and ate grace, thats not good to hear though i wish u goodluck also... I strongly agree it is better at hopkins i did mine just this dec15 had all my result in exactly 7days much earlier than what they told me so i got very suprised and vfs and a friend told me that i should take toeic exam at Hopkins Makati... Staffs are
    very nice

Its a nightmare Adam. You will get there mate keep your chin up. These guys know what they are talking about.

Banned
    Where will your wife take her test, Andy? Or has she done it already?

This is not good Adam. Better I think to let Grace take another exam from test centers approved by UKBA... Hope things will be okay...

Donah
    >>--DonahMichael-->>

Thank you everyone!

@Donah: It's a nightmare for me and Grace but I really hope we can sort out this thing ASAP. Daghan salamat Donah
    ADAMGRACE

Thread Information