Thread: Half Filipino!

Half Filipino!

Hello! My name is Courtney Amelia, but most of my friends call me Ame for short. I'm a half-Filipino from the USA, recently relocated to London for my British Fiance, and will be married in early February!

I really wanted to be able to meet some new friends around the London area, seeing as I do not have ANY friends at all out here.

Since my family is very American, I only spoke Tagalog in my younger years (up until around age 12), and I have lost almost ALL of it. I am REALLY eager to re-learn, so if anyone would like to help me out in learning Tagalog all over again, I would be most happy!

I lived in Connecticut (where there are barely any Filipinos), and finally met Filipinos when I went to University. I had a HORRIBLE experience! :( I didn't fit in because I didn't speak Tagalog, and I don't look anything like normal Pinay. =/ So I am hoping that Filipinos in London are a bit different, and not so cold.

I hoping to be a regular on the forum, so I hope to earn a few good friends!

Cheers!
    Ame

hello and welcome to this friendly forum Ame, im sure you will find friends here

Hi ame & welcome to this friendly forum im sure you will find many friends here

welcome ame am sure you will find lots info here i go on a ste called kalye speak its by filipino so sure to get correct way to say other is tagalog lang good luck

Trusted Member
    Hi Ame, and welcome to the forum.

A lot of us have half-Filipino children, so you're amongst understanding friends.

Thank you, everyone for the warm welcome.

@graham thank you! I hope to meet some around my age around the city!

Welcome to the forum Ame.. Congratulations in advance for your coming wedding... Exciting
    >>--DonahMichael-->>

Quote Originally Posted by Ame View Post
    Hello! My name is Courtney Amelia, but most of my friends call me Ame for short. I'm a half-Filipino from the USA, recently relocated to London for my British Fiance, and will be married in early February!

I really wanted to be able to meet some new friends around the London area, seeing as I do not have ANY friends at all out here. :(

Since my family is very American, I only spoke Tagalog in my younger years (up until around age 12), and I have lost almost ALL of it. I am REALLY eager to re-learn, so if anyone would like to help me out in learning Tagalog all over again, I would be most happy!

I lived in Connecticut (where there are barely any Filipinos), and finally met Filipinos when I went to University. I had a HORRIBLE experience! :( I didn't fit in because I didn't speak Tagalog, and I don't look anything like normal Pinay. =/ So I am hoping that Filipinos in London are a bit different, and not so cold.

Cheers!
    Ame
    Hello Ame, a warm welcome here to the forum.

Hello Ame! welcome to the friendly forum!

I'm also a Filipina married to a British national. We live in Surrey but I always go up to London to attend church and hang out with my Filipina friends, go shopping, etc. I will be back in England around end of Feb or early March depends when can I get my spouse visa. It would be nice if we could meet in London one day soon. And maybe teach you how to speak tagalog again

Anyway, Congratulations to your wedding soon and wish you all the best

Juvy x

@ConfusedMe, thank you! It's very exciting, and sometimes I can't believe it's happening!

@Juvy thank you! I would be so happy to meet up!

Hi Ame

Welcome to the UK and the Forum. I am British (also half St Helenian) but have four young half Filipino nephews, one who lives here in the UK and the others are living in the Philippines. I hope that you are able to find some Filipina friends around your own age but I'm sure that the Forum will keep you company in the meantime

Congratulations on your forthcoming marriage next month, I hope that you have a truly wonderful day!

Rosie

hello Ame.....welcome to the forum...you've got the right site .... you will find here more friends who will teach you some tagalog again...congrats to your coming wedding...

Hello Ame! Welcome to the forum and congrats to your coming wedding..

Ame ... you've "taken the plunge" already if making new [online] friends is your aim!

to our midst ... and congratulations on your approaching nuptials.

Hi Ame,

Nice to meet you here!

Whereabouts in London are you going to move? Let me know if you fancy meeting up sometime?

Daks

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    Welcome Ame! Hope you meet some friends soon and find some who can help you speak Tagalog again. Have you much left to get sorted for your upcoming wedding?

I really wanted to be able to meet some new friends around the London area, seeing as I do not have ANY friends at all out here.

Cheers!
    Ame
    Hi Ame, Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding!!..I am new in this forum as well like you, looking for some friends. I think most of the members in the forum are friendly so hopefully we find some good friends around here. . Though we can have a chat as well whenever you have time, just message me

Thank you everyone!

@Daks, I'm currently in Shepherd's Bush! Of course I would like to meet up! Just pm me whenever!

And I'll always be available on PM. Do any of you use messenger? I'm always on messenger, lol... >.< Such an internet person I am!

Thank you everyone!

@Daks, I'm currently in Shepherd's Bush! Of course I would like to meet up! Just pm me whenever!

And I'll always be available on PM. Do any of you use messenger? I'm always on messenger, lol... >.< Such an internet person I am!
    Shepherds Bush - near Westfield and BBC. Good place, multicultural. I seldom use messenger nowadays am not sure with the others. Facebook has taken its place

Welcome to the Forum Ame!

Congratulations to you up coming wedding soon! BTW, you're pretty

Grace x
    ADAMGRACE

Hi Ame,

Cool, I'll send you a PM. It would be lovely to meet up!

Speak soon,
    Daks

Hi Ame,

Ooops, just realized that I cannot send you a PM

Hi Ame,

Sounds like an exciting time! Best wishes for your upcoming wedding.
    So how has London been for you?

I'd be happy to help you with re-learning Tagalog, except that it would have to be over Skype or sms or here on the forum. I'm sure there are lots of Filipinos in London (check out One Filipino webpage) who are a bit "international" and will not exclude you for being "different."

I live in Bristol, which is 2 hours away by train from you. And I don't know any Filipinos here. I have a friend who is moving to Kensington from Manila next Feb, very smart, fun, and witty girl, and she'll be working at the Philippine Embassy in London. If you're interested, I can"hook you guys up." I'm sure she'd want to meet new people as well.

So send me a message, and I'd be quite envious, coz I'm the one in this forum, and I'm the one who's not getting to meet anyone for a nice chat and cup of coffee!!!!

Btw, I'm sorry to hear of your horrible experience in Uni. That's sad since there are sooooo many Fil-Ams in the US. I come from a mestizo family myself, both parents being mixed Filipino-Spanish, and Filipino-Spanish-Irish. But I grew up in Manila, and the only time I ever felt that I didn't fit in with fellow Filipinos was when I left Manila. Somehow, I have not been lucky in making a NEW Filipino friend whilst overseas. I have been lucky to meet some warm hearted Latinos in Australia, and had my closest friends from home immigrating to Sydney and Brisbane. So, it was alright. But over here in England, I'm a fish out of water, learning to swim the English waters!!!

So good luck to you. I'm a message away (sjbrito@me.com), if you're interested.

Cheers,
    Eia

Thread Information