Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: first time post

Newbie (Restricted Access) Peter's Avatar
    I hope someone here can help me with my problem. I really miss my fiancee soo much.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I hope someone here can help me with my problem. I really miss my fiancee soo much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post

... we have a number of extremely knowledgeable members - all of whom are more than willing to "pool their resources" in order to provide the best possible answers - one being ANOTHER Peter (forum name, Terpe). He will be pleased to offer you the benefit of his wide experience.
    Peter ... I'm painfully aware you've been posting here for a couple of days now without receiving any response - other than mine - and would suggest you raise an introductory thread of your own (rather than have your requests for assistance remaining stuck the middle of someone else's) in order to elicit a wider take on your situation.

Aw Peter !!! how can we help you,??well tell us what's has been happening?...

Hello Peter, welcome here to the forum.

How can we help you?
    We'll do all can.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Hello Peter, welcome here to the forum.

How can we help you?
    We'll do all can.
    Ah, OK Peter. I found this post hiding away:-

Hi everyone! I'm peter. I'm new here in the forum. I'm engaged to a filipina. I'm planning to get her so that we can get married here in the uk. We stumbled across two problems and we really need your help and advice.
    1st problem= i have applied for a loan, will it be bad for our fiancee visa application? The loan is amounting 2,000pounds and the repayments is 107pounds a month. I have two full time job earning an average 450 - 490pounds a month with my two jobs.
    I don't have other expenses apart from our food when my fiance is here with us.
    2nd problem= i'm living with my mum at the moment. However she is clamming housing benefits . I am wondering will this also affect our fiance application as my mother is claiming a housing benefits?
    But when she's allowed to work here in uk, she has a offer job where i work. My boss gave me a letter stating that she has a interview in the company when she's allowed to work.
    I hope you can help me with my problem. I really want to get my fiance as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.

Peter xxx
    I do my best to provide some generic information for you:-

In order to apply for a fiance(e) visa you must show that:-

- Your Fiance(e) (or proposed civil partner) is currently living and settled in the UK, or is returning to the UK with you to live there permanently.
    - You intend to marry or register a civil partnership within 6 months.
    - You intend to live together as husband and wife or civil partners after you are married or have registered your civil partnership.
    - You have met each other.
    - You meet the UKBA English language requirement.
    - Until you are married or have registered a civil partnership, there is somewhere for you and any dependants to live without help from public funds.
    - There will, when you are married or in civil partnership, be adequate accommodation where you and any dependants can live without help from public funds.
    - You and any dependants can be supported without working or needing public funds, before appllying to extend your stay as a spouse or civil partner.

How do we apply for a UK Fiance(e) Visa (in the Philippines)?

You must send the following documents:-

- 2 recent passport photographs and your passport - see the Photographs and passport page
    The applicant must present a valid passport with at least 6 months validity remaining.

- Evidence that any previous marriage(s) or civil partnership(s) have broken down permanently.
    You and your fiancee must be legally free to marry. This means that both of you are single (never married or registered a civil partnership) at the time of application, or that any previous marriages and/or registered civil partnerships have ended through divorce,annulment,dissolution or death.
    Evidence would include Death Certificate of the deceased spouse/civil partner, evidence of divorce (eg divorce Decree Absolute), Annulment or Dissolution Certificate.
    Note: If the divorce / dissolution process is not yet finalised, the Fiance(e) Visa is not automatically refused for this reason alone. The ECO will need evidence that the divorce/dissolution proceedings are well under way.
    If one of the couple are still be waiting for finalisation of divorce/dissolution at the end of the 6-month leave to enter, they may apply to the UKBA for an extension of stay.

- Evidence that you intend to marry or register your civil partnership within a reasonable time (usually 6 months).
    The ECO needs to be convinced that a marriage/civil partnership in the UK will take place.
    The law relating to marriage in England and Wales does not allow for any arrangements to be made with a Registrar until the foreign national has arrived in the UK. Of itself, a booking at a Register Office or church is not proof that a marriage will take place.
    However the ECO can reasonably expect the couple to have made some tentative plans for the wedding. Any evidence at all, however small, that's available to show that wedding arrangements are in hand will help in this respect.
    Think about including any facebook messages, e-mails or texts that specifically refer to wedding plans.

- Evidence that you have met each other
    A relationship that has developed over the Internet would not satisfy the 'to have met' requirement unless the relationship included a personal face-to-face meeting between the couple concerned. Evidence of a face-to-face meeting might include a travel history (passport stamps, boarding passes etc.), Photo's of you both together as a couple, e-mails, Chat logs and Text messages showing that you had met.
    Although there is no requirement that two people must spend a specific amount of time together in person, it is reasonable to expect that the ECO may be skeptical of couples with only a very minimal face-to-face history prior to application.

- Evidence that you intend to live together permanently after you have married or registered your civil partnership.
    Again think about all the evidence you might have (details of future plans, facebook messages, e-mails and texts etc)

- Evidence of your English language ability - see the English language page

- Evidence that you can maintain yourselves and any dependants adequately without needing public funds - see the Maintenance (funds) page
    Please take a look at the Evidence of maintenance (funds) page which clearly indicates the type of documents needed

There really isn't any actual amount stated in the 'immigration rules' that indicate just how much is considered as 'sufficient'. It's up to the sponsor and applicant to prove there is sufficient for them to maintain themselves.

Basically, the UKBA will be looking at the amount of money left after any regular non-discretionary expenditure (such as rent or mortgage payments, council tax and secured loans etc)
    Everyone has have different non-discretionary expenditure.(eg payments of Child support would also be considered a key fixed/regular payment)

Various Immigration Tribunal's have concluded that it would not be appropriate to have immigrant families existing on resources that were less than the 'Income Support Level' for a British family of the same size. This is probably the best guide available.

In principle this means that if it is more likely than not that the total amount of money that the applicant and sponsor will have to live on will be below what the income support level would be for a British family of that size, then it may be appropriate to refuse the application on maintenance and accommodation grounds.

The 'Income Support' rates do vary each tax year - so make sure you know the current amounts. Key amounts for tax year 2011/2012 are £105.95 per week for a couple and £62.33 pounds per week for a dependent child.

In many ways it's a bit of a myth that you absolutely must show plenty of savings. Maintenance (sufficient funding) can be proven by reference to both savings and/or regular income. However, most of those who have gone though the Fiance(e) Visa process would advise on having savings.
    It clearly costs quite a bit to cover the costs of Visa Application, Air fares, Weddings and supporting someone in settlement in UK. It would be reasonable to expect something like £2000 in the form of savings.

Your bank statements will normally show your income and your outgoing expenditure. ECO's are not accountants but, if you are generally living within your means and can afford the cost of another adult consumer joining the household, this should be immediately obvious.

Only those people with very low income that regularly leave them with a discretionary income close or equal to the equivalent of means-tested benefit might feel the need to make a budget plan to signpost how they can afford another consuming person in the house.

Maintenance may be provided by either:-

The applicant with their own funds or with funds available to them; Or
    The sponsor; or
    A combination of applicant and sponsor funds; or
    Third party support (from family members). The ECO may request evidence (for example, original bank statements over at least three months) of the third party's assets. Third party support is not precluded from consideration under the maintenance requirements relating fiancé(e)s.

- Financial Standing
    The application must be supported by evidence that proves the applicant will not require public funds. Generally this takes the form of the sponsor/applicant (or co-sponsor) providing:-
    Bank Statements covering a bare minimum of 3 months (preferably 6 months)
    Salary slips for at least the previous 3 months.(preferably 6 months)
    The sponsor's (co-sponsor's) employment contract (if the sponsor is not independently wealthy). A letter from the employer will suffice.
    The sponsor's (co-sponsor's) most recent P60.
    If the sponsor (co-sponsor) is self-employed, owns his own company, or if the sponsor (co-sponsor) is unemployed, then the employment contract and P60
    can be substituted with certified copies of the previous 2 years' tax returns accompanied by a notarized version of his/her business accounts.
    If the sponsor (co-sponsor) is retired, then a statement from his pension scheme will do.

If there are disproportionate deposits and withdrawals in the bank statements, they must be explained in the sponsor's letter, in fact explain as much as
    you can about the transactions.

The Rules require that there must be adequate accommodation for a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner and any dependants both up to and after the date of the marriage or registering of the civil partnership.
    The ECO will be looking for evidence that the accommodation complies with the following requirements:-

- It is (or will be) owned or legally occupied for the exclusive use of the couple.
    - It is capable of accommodating the couple, and any children, without overcrowding as defined in the Housing Act 1985.
    - The ECO should be satisfied that housing the couple in rented accommodation will not be in breach of any tenancy agreement as regards sub-letting.
    - That no additional public funds will be necessary for accommodating the applicant in cases where the sponsor lives in accommodation from public funds.

I've highlighted the key issue for your accommodation concerns (housing benefit) (Important for you are the words "No Additional public funds"

My suggestion is to review the information above, especially the financial aspects, then formulate and ask any specific questions you need help with.

Might be better to start a new thread of your own

Thanks for the respond Terpe. We are planning to stay here in our house with my mother. The house that we rent here is half of the rent the Hart district pays it. Is this mean if we stay here with my fiance this means we are receiving a public funds for our accommodation? And also about my loan. I will get my loan soon in my bank. Do I need to tell the ECO that I have a loan as it not shows yet in my bank statements that I'm paying for a loan. Thanks Terpe.

My mother pays the rent. I sends all my salary to my fiance in the Philippines t hep her but when she's here I can support her fully with my salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Loidaseminiano View Post
    Good day everyone, I thought it was time I entered my first post in here rather than just my fiance making the odd comment. I know u are all so very welcoming and I hope I can provide some worthwhile contribution having recently obtained my fiancee visa and now living in the UK and slowly coping with the cold weather.
    Welcome

You think it is cold now
    Wait until winter gets under way and icy and slippery

Mick

My mother pays the rent. I sends all my salary to my fiance in the Philippines t hep her but when she's here I can support her fully with my salary.
    If you read through the information I posted you will see that currently you need to show a bare minimum of £105.95 per week of disposable/discretionary income.
    In principle this is after all regular non-discretionary expenditure (such as rent or mortgage payments, council tax and secured loans etc)

I also explained in my reply that there should be
    ".....no additional public funds necessary for accommodating the applicant in cases where the sponsor lives in accommodation from public funds."
    This means that the housing benefit your mother receives is OK and no problem for the visa application and your sponsorship. Just be sure that that the amount of housing benefit does not increase due to your fiancee living there.

Regarding the loan you have taken, in principle you do not need to declare those details specifically unless the loan is secured. The ECO will easily see if you can afford to have an additional adult consumer in the household. Since you are sending regular payments to you her already this will be declared. (make sure your fiancee has the paperwork/receipts etc)

Peter, how long have you known your fiancee?
    How many times have you met?
    How much are you sending each month and why?

I have known my fiance for 3 years now. I met her twice in 2010. I stayed there on our apartment my second visit for 21 days. And the 1st trip is 9days. We planned to get married last Feb. 2011 in the Philippines but due to my work I cud not have another vacation. I send my fiance money weekly a total 450-490pounds a month. I send her money because I want to show her family that I can support her.

I have a wedding booking at our local register and restaurant booking for our wedding lunch. My fiance has a English certificate from IELTS. She got 6.0 for both speaking and listening. I got a letter from our landlord. I got letter from my 2 jobs and letter offering my fiance a job when she eligible after we are married and we have marriage visa that allowed her to work. My sister is our co-sponsor. She wrote a letter with her bank statements. My mother wrote a letter also with her bank statements.

Thanks Terpe.

I have known my fiance for 3 years now. I met her twice in 2010. I stayed there on our apartment my second visit for 21 days. And the 1st trip is 9days. We planned to get married last Feb. 2011 in the Philippines but due to my work I cud not have another vacation. I send my fiance money weekly a total 450-490pounds a month. I send her money because I want to show her family that I can support her.

I have a wedding booking at our local register and restaurant booking for our wedding lunch. My fiance has a English certificate from IELTS. She got 6.0 for both speaking and listening. I got a letter from our landlord. I got letter from my 2 jobs and letter offering my fiance a job when she eligible after we are married and we have marriage visa that allowed her to work. My sister is our co-sponsor. She wrote a letter with her bank statements. My mother wrote a letter also with her bank statements.

Thanks Terpe.
    That sounds good Peter. Well done.
    Looks like you now have all the bases covered.

How did you manage to achieve that wedding booking? That's a good piece of info that would be a big help to others.

May I suggest you get your fiancee to submit that application asap.
    It's possible that in April 2012 there could be some major restrictive changes.

Sorry to ask those questions about your relationship and finances, it was just my clumsy way of finding out if you had all bases covered.

Good luck

Thanks Terpe for all your wonderful help Can I ask again. I've already sent the other requirements for our visa last 2011 and this month some they are 6 months old so we have got them updated to make it sure. Can I just email them and my fiance will just print them out and attach them with our other requirements?

PETER xxx

I phoned my local register office and told them my plans and inquired about the date. Gave them personal info like brides name email address, ages and my address. They send me an email about our wedding booking and paper works that we have to fill in via post mail. My fiance printed it and attached it to our requirements.

Thanks Terpe for all your wonderful help Can I ask again. I've already send the other requirements for our visa last 2011 and this month some they are 6 months old so we have got them updated to make it sure. Can I just email them and my fiance will just print them out and attach them with our other requirements?

PETER xxx
    Strictly speaking documents should not be older than 1 month. (especially bank statements and payslips)
    Yes, most of the documents can be sent electronically to your fiancee and she prints them out locally

It always used to that bank statements needed to be originals but UKBA has moved on a bit these days,

Here what UKBA say about electronic bank statements:-

"Every personal bank or building society statement should clearly show:

your name or your sponsor's name
    the account number
    the date of the statement
    the financial institution's name and logo
    transactions covering the recent period
    that there are enough funds present in the account to support a dependent partner and any dependent children

If you want to send electronic bank statements from an online account, these must contain all of the details listed above. You will also need to send a supporting letter from your bank, on headed paper, confirming that the statements are genuine. Alternatively, electronic bank statements with the official stamp of the bank that issued the statements will be accepted. The stamp must appear on every page of the statement.

We will not accept statements that simply show the balance in the account on a particular day, as these documents do not show that there are consistent funds to meet the maintenance requirement."

Hope this helps

Do we need to tell the ECO that I have a loan? I'm planing to write on my letter that I have applied for the loan for our visa money, her plane ticket and our wedding here.

dear terpe l am wondering if l should let the eco know that l have applied for a loan or should l not. Thanks for all your great help so far me and my fiancee, really grateful for your help. When my fiancee has got her visa do you know process of getting a seminar about living abroad for example here in the uk. What does it cost
    and what are the requirements for that seminar. How many pages should my character letter be regarding my relationship to the most wonderful girl in my world.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information