Thread: Redknapp 'avoided tax on bungs'

Post Redknapp 'avoided tax on bungs'

Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp received $295,000 which he had no intention of declaring for tax purposes, a court hears.

Content from...
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Recommened Site: Win2Win Racing | Free Delivery Store | Free Delivery Shop | Astronomy Forum | Win2Win Sports Store | My Fiverr Gigs | Green Leaf Beauty Shop

Trusted Member
    I hear that if the case goes against him he won't be considered for the England manager job.

I know little about football, but WHY ?

Surely they just want someone who is going to improve the performance of the team.

What have his tax affairs got to do with the skills of man-management and kicking a ball around ?

No wonder we never bloody win anything.

It certainly doesn't seem to affect the careers of our tax-dodging city slickers and the tax haven companies they're involved with.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post

Surely they just want someone who is going to improve the performance of the team.

What have his tax affairs got to do with the skills of man-management and kicking a ball around ?

It certainly doesn't seem to affect the careers of our tax-dodging city slickers and the tax haven companies they're involved with.
    I know next to nothing about the game either, Graham ... but fair play, he doesn't appear the sort to be "caught napping" where his football managerial skills are concerned; however ... it seems he was caught "red~handed" when the taxmen swooped!

Trusted Member
    I don't think they're paid for their brain power Arthur.

His accountant needs sacking, that's for sure.

His *accountant needs sacking, that's for sure.
    Yup ... on that score ... ... *he ought to be held accountable, "brought to book" ... and given the order of the boot!

Banned
    I hear that if the case goes against him he won't be considered for the England manager job.

Wasnt it a similar thing that finished Terry Venables England management career......a good one too...

Respected Member
    I can't remember what happened to Tel, but the FA seem to have a disliking of East End working class made good boys. They seem to go for the Intellectuals who have no connection with players at the grass routes. I'm not sure where Steve Mclaren fitted in, other than he joined a long line of crap England managers.

Biggest travesty in football was that brian clough never got to be the england manager

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie c View Post
    Biggest travesty in football was that brian clough never got to be the england manager
    Completely agree Although looking back Bobby Robson did a decent job during the 80's.

The most successful manager post war was Alf Ramsey, like Terry Venables a Dagenham boy. Lots of good talent come out of Dagenham , most from families rehoused after being bombed out the East End of London.
    Jimmy Greaves was lived just across the A12 at Hainault.
    Last edited by Pete/London; 24th January 2012 at 18:16. Reason: factual mistake

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete/London View Post
    The most successful manager post war was Alf Ramsey, like Terry Venables a Dagenham boy. Lots of good talent come out of Dagenham , most from families rehoused after being bombed out the East End of London.
    Don't forget that other illustrious Essex boy who like Venables and Greaves rose through the ranks at Chelsea FC - England Captain John Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Englishman2010 View Post
    Completely agree Although looking back Bobby Robson did a decent job during the 80's.
    Yes bobby done a fantastic job

Would of won the world cup imo if it wasnt for the so called hand of god

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    Wasnt it a similar thing that finished Terry Venables England management career......a good one too...
    I think with El Tel it was a long running whispering campaign of slur and rumour about financial wrongdoings (although he never ended up in court) that turned the muppets at the FA against him. If they'd had the sense to keep him on after Euro 96 I think we would have fulfilled our destiny as a world footballing power.

In view of all those whispers isn't it strange that Redknapp and Fat Sam are always touted as being England Manager calibre - I've never heard anything so stupid

Poison Chalice whoever takes it on

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete/London View Post
    'Ainault. I used to live there. Born in Ilford. Brought up in that area and Barkingside. My mother spent the war down Gants Hill tube station.

Hence the West Ham connection and my first encounters with 'Arry.

At one point I lived a 2 minute walk from Hainault tube station.

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    'Ainault. I used to live there. Born in Ilford. Brought up in that area and Barkingside. My mother spent the war down Gants Hill tube station.

Hence the West Ham connection and my first encounters with 'Arry.

At one point I lived a 2 minute walk from Hainault tube station.
    Forgot the topic now spent many happy hours "on the pull" at Jesters (Seven Kings Hotel) and Ilford Palais while working hard towards my divorce in the 70s.
    Walthamstow boy myself, why I O M, tax avoidance?
    My kitchen designer moved there in 2001 as he thought it better for raising his children.

Banned
    I remember the Palais. I left Ilford and headed north when I was 19. My family dispersed also and the only relatives I know down that way now are in Hertfordshire.

Haha ... tax avoidance.....I pay IOM tax which is a tad lower than on the UK mainland but unfortunately it gets gobbled up in higher prices here. (Those earning a lot of money do benefit as they benefit more on the tax allowances).

Presumably Jimmy Greaves came from Hainault? Cos I dont think he lived there in his playing days (or did he). I recall watching him play West Ham when he played for Spurs.

Watched a program on Jimmy Greaves a few months ago, he was born in East Ham and moved to Hainault when he was a toddler and went to school there.

Not sure when he moved, probably while he was playing for Chelsea.

Banned
    Yeah. I see he got a World Cup winners medal in the end....

Thread Information