Thread: family visit visa-itinerary

Respected Member

family visit visa-itinerary

:NoNoHello Everyone,
    Me and my husband are planning invite my sister to come here in uk ( for 3 weeks) as a family visit visa! I would like to ask: Do we need to submit a itinerary( plane ticket, hotel booking and etc) to the embassy? Is it a good idea to book a ticket even if she doesn't have a visa yet? Any advise? thanks

read the requirements here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...ily/documents/

They advise that you do not make any payments for accommodation, travel and so on until you have received your visa.

The supporting documents they suggest are:-

A planned itinerary, if you have one

This could include:

- bookings or tickets for any excursions, trips and outings
    - email conversations about any excursions, trips and outings
    - travel agent bookings

Evidence and supporting letter from your family member in the UK that you intend to visit:

If you are visiting a family member, you might want to include a letter of invitation from them as well as their financial documents, as outlined in the ‘Information about your finances and employment’ section.

You should also consider supplying evidence of their immigration status in the UK. This could be copies of:

- bio-data pages from their passport
    - a valid visa or immigration stamp from their passport
    - a Home Office letter confirming permission to stay in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by jane2009 View Post
    :NoNoHello Everyone,
    Me and my husband are planning invite my sister to come here in uk ( for 3 weeks) as a family visit visa! I would like to ask: Do we need to submit a itinerary( plane ticket, hotel booking and etc) to the embassy? Is it a good idea to book a ticket even if she doesn't have a visa yet? Any advise? thanks
    Is your sister going to stay at your house?

We've had quite a few family visits and always the family member will stay with us.

As rusty says, do not buy any tickets etc until the visa has been issued.
    You should provide your sister with a good supporting letter clearly stating that you are supporting her application and that you are funding the air-ticket and whatever else you are funding. You need to state the reasons for the visit and the timing. For a family visit there is no need for any detailed itinerary etc just a sentence in your supporting letter that you will be funding any sightseeing.

If your sister will stay with you you need to state in your letter a very brief outline of your accommodation (eg 3-bed semi etc) and state if she will have her own room
    or what.

You need to support the visa application with some proof of your relationship (eg copy of birth certificate) and you will also need to show proff of your ability to fund the total duration of the visit (means at least 3 months bank statements and 3 months pay slips)

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Is your sister going to stay at your house?

We've had quite a few family visits and always the family member will stay with us.

As rusty says, do not buy any tickets etc until the visa has been issued.
    You should provide your sister with a good supporting letter clearly stating that you are supporting her application and that you are funding the air-ticket and whatever else you are funding. You need to state the reasons for the visit and the timing. For a family visit there is no need for any detailed itinerary etc just a sentence in your supporting letter that you will be funding any sightseeing.

If your sister will stay with you you need to state in your letter a very brief outline of your accommodation (eg 3-bed semi etc) and state if she will have her own room
    or what.

You need to support the visa application with some proof of your relationship (eg copy of birth certificate) and you will also need to show proff of your ability to fund the total duration of the visit (means at least 3 months bank statements and 3 months pay slips)

Hope this helps
    BTW, she will still need to demonstrate that reasons to return to Philippines outweigh reasons to overstay in UK.

Respected Member
    Thank you very much for your advice sir Terpe! We have a spare bedroom for her to stay! I was planning to book her a hotel in london for 3 days if she wants to stay there exploring london! I've got 3 payslip and my husband aswell...My sister got a good job back home and she only allowed to have a 3 weeks off....hopefully everything will be fine...fingers cross

Respected Member
    Sorry sir one more question...It is really necessary to submit a original document( e.g. my sister land title)? cheers

Thank you very much for your advice sir Terpe! We have a spare bedroom for her to stay! I was planning to book her a hotel in london for 3 days if she wants to stay there exploring london! I've got 3 payslip and my husband aswell...My sister got a good job back home and she only allowed to have a 3 weeks off....hopefully everything will be fine...fingers cross
    It's much easier that she will stay with you.
    Be sure to supply as much evidence as possible. For the family visit visa there is not really any list of documents specifically required by UKBA but you must still convince the ECO.

There's no need to mention anything about hotel bookings in London.

It sounds to me that your sister will have no problems.
    I'm sure you all have a wonderful time. Good luck

Respected Member
    Thanks again Sir Trpe! hopefully everything will gonna be ok...Just worried to submit a land title if will get lose in the embassy....

Thanks again Sir Trpe! hopefully everything will gonna be ok...Just worried to submit a land title if will get lose in the embassy....
    To be honest, I'm not 100% sure on this one.
    Usually UKBA are pretty lenient on these issues for most documents.
    My suggestion is to submit a copy, if UKBA really need to see the original in order to grant the visa then they will say so but I can't imagine that this document would be the 'deal-breaker'.
    This document is too important to release imo

Land Registry Title Deed

Hi, further to your concern about sending your title deed, my g/f recently obtained a six month general visa, for proof of ownership of my home I sent a photo copy of my title deed, this was accepted, yes you are right it would be a risk sending the original,
    Good Luck
    Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen550 View Post
    Hi, further to your concern about sending your title deed, my g/f recently obtained a six month general visa, for proof of ownership of my home I sent a photo copy of my title deed, this was accepted, yes you are right it would be a risk sending the original,
    Good Luck
    Stephen.
    Thanks Stephen for providing that valuable first hand experience

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen550 View Post
    Good Luck
    Stephen.
    Yes Stephen you are correct i sent a photo copy of my title deed when my wife applied for her spouse visa

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

Thread Information