Fresh One are a UK based television production company founded by the television chef Jamie Oliver, and are making a primetime, documentary series for Channel 4 television about young, Anglo-Filipino relationships in Britain today. The series hopes to offer genuine insight into modern relationships between young, British men and young, Filipino women who have found love and are about to come to the UK for first time.

The documentary hopes to offer a fresh and contemporary perspective on a new generation of Anglo- Filipino partnerships, challenging old stereotypes and exploring the cultural diversity that can be achieved in such couples. Our aim is to produce a series with a warm and informative tone, following the Filipino women’s experiences of British culture for the first time and documenting the couples expectations of one another and how these can be achieved and overcome.

We are looking for people who have recently settled in the UK but also those who are potentially about to settle in the UK in the next few months. This allows us to document the Filipino women’s first encounters of British culture - be that, food, family or work - and through this hold a mirror up to British values, our expectations and contemporary culture in comparison. Our idea is to produce a warm documentary that looks at British men, British women and the nuances we may take for granted in our British culture through the new Filipino settlers eyes.

I would be incredibly grateful if you could pass this email to any members who have recently settled in the UK or are about to settle in the UK. Or I can send you our ad spec by email if it is easier? My details so they can contact me are below, so if they are interested in taking part in the series they can contact me directly. We are hoping to speak to various such couples for an initial confidential research chat to firstly find out more about their own experiences and also to find couples who are interested in finding out about the series in a view to potentially be part of it once in production.

Do let me know if this is something you might be able to help with.
Many thanks once again for being so helpful.
Yours,
Rosie

Producer| Fresh One Productions Ltd
19-21 Nile Street | London | N1 7LL | United Kingdom
Direct Line: +44 (0) 203 375 5120
rosie.o’connor@freshone.tv