Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'fewer and better' immigrants plan

'fewer and better' immigrants plan

Britain will give priority to the "brightest and the best" immigrants under new plans to cut the number of foreigners settling in the UK, the Immigration Minister has said.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...mmigrants-plan
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Mr Green told The Sunday Times: "What we need is a system that......
    .......Closes down the fake colleges and kicks students out after their "Course" is finished
    and is currently stopping 1,000 people getting on a UK-bound plane each month.
    Big plane

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    A shame this "brightest and best" policy won't include kicking out the criminal and illegal scum of the earth who are already here

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    A shame this "brightest and best" policy won't include kicking out the criminal and illegal scum of the earth who are already here
    thats a fair point, where is the gov's 'lowlife and bad' policy for sending back illegal immigrants and foreign criminals
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

thats a fair point, where is the gov's 'lowlife and bad' policy for sending back illegal immigrants and foreign criminals
    Smoke and mirrors,but at least its a step up from Labours come-one come-all policy

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member

Banned
    Only allowing the brightest and best filters out those immigrants that come here to work in the care sector etc etc

I had an interesting chat with an IOM Immigration officer on friday and he said that Pinoys "generally make good immigrants" (many of which work in the care sector here). Apart from UK and Irish folk migrating here there are few migrants and very few here from outside the EU with the exception of Pinoys.

The IOM likes Pinoy immigrants and evidently selectively admits them, it would seem.

Respected Member
    at least one of them gave back his 1.4 million yesterday

it is a smoke screen as

Tier 1 Visa Introduction

The United Kingdom's Tier 1 visa immigration scheme is part of the points based system for immigration to the UK. Tier 1 visas are for eligible highly skilled migrants, entrepreneurs, investors, and foreign graduates of UK educational institutions. The Tier 1 visa schemes replaced various similar immigration schemes as of early 2008. The Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa is for a very small number of top people from outside the European Union; Very few people qualify under this visa category. The most popular Tier 1 visa category is the Tier 1 Post Study Work visa. However, Tier 1 PSW will end in April 2012.

Migrants coming to the UK under the Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa do not need a job offer or a sponsor and are free to seek employment anywhere in the UK. You must score 75 points under a points based system to come to the UK under Tier 1.

this was introduced by the labour gov back in 2008 ! and before that was HSMP (Highly Skilled Migrant Programme) which was introduced back in 2002 !!

so whats new

Reflections in the mirror hidden in the smoke,its all a game,we dont even figure as bit-players to the movers and shakers

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nnomad View Post
    at least one of them gave back his 1.4 million yesterday
    Are you suggesting that the Chairman of an international bank is 'scum' ?

What is your job ?

Have you ever given your bonus or overtime payment back ?

Didn't think so.

Respected Member
    if they deserve a bonus for some small " success " then what the hell do these " scum " deserve for the wholesale fraud and missmanagment that got us all into this shambles !!!

I think this is just a warning of what to expect in April.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post

What is your job ?

Didn't think so.
    if my pay was £750,000 a yr, i wouldn't give a about a bonus, many people dont earn £1m in their whole working life

and bonus for what, putting 22,600 people on the dole, selling branches off to the competiion, £1.4m bonus for this mass failure

RIP RBS

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post

What is your job ?

Didn't think so.
    A fellow traveller Graham who comes up with that old favourite Labour gag of blaming the current ills of the country on someone who resigned as Prime Minister 22 years ago, he must've been watching too many trailers for The Iron Lady. I wonder what he can pin on Benjamin Disraeli

Respected Member
    A fellow traveller Graham who comes up with that old favourite Labour gag of blaming the current ills of the country on someone who resigned as Prime Minister 22 years ago, he must've been watching too many trailers for The Iron Lady. I wonder what he can pin on Benjamin Disraeli
    get rid of your little england attitude mate,, this is a global situation, caused mostly by people who have never even set foot in england,,, if you cant recognise the problem mate then what chance is there of you ever coming up with a solution

Oh come on lads i dont think this has anything to do with immigration.

its all 'hot air' its been done b4, nothing new. only difference is putting a cap on the number of visa's issued.

and surely you want your own citizens taking the most skilled and best paid jobs, if not why are we sending them to uni

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    if my pay was £750,000 a yr, i wouldn't give a about a bonus, many people dont earn £1m in their whole working life

and bonus for what, putting 22,600 people on the dole, selling branches off to the competiion, £1.4m bonus for this mass failure

RIP RBS
    I know nothing about the Chairman Joe, just asking the questions.

Trusted Member
    Ah, I see Philip Hampton (the Chairman) didn't even join RBS until 2009 anyway.

Why is he being pilloried ?

no problems graham, i just dont see how they can justify anyone getting any sort of bonus when they've put near 23,000 on the dole. i bank with RBS, in a couple of months my local branch we become Santander, something else British taken over by a foreign company

Trusted Member
    I can empathise with you there Joe.

I WAS with Abbey....now Santander.

My last point was that Philip Hampton, the Chairman wasn't taken on til 2009... presumably to pull the bank out of the mess, AND he isn't accepting the bonus anyway.

Now the Chief Executive's case may be another matter of course.

Maybe footballers and F1 drivers could be similarly criticised ?

After all, like captains of industry and banking they are free to take their services wherever they like in this global economy (kindly referred to by a previous poster ).

Unfortunately the RBS isn't a nationalised bank, but one in which the government is a major shareholder.

If they start interfering too much in a business that generates getting on for 10% of this country's GDP, whether we like it or not, those city slickers will just bugger off elsewhere and make another country that bit richer while still lining their own pockets.

So, a situation that needs careful handling so we don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Only an international agreement will put a cap on what some ordinary folk perceive to be undeserved wealth.

I feel the same way about guys who kick a ball around a field.

Respected Member
    if they deserve a bonus for some small " success " then what the hell do these " scum " deserve for the wholesale fraud and missmanagment that got us all into this shambles !!!
    You need to get your facts right before you start spouting off

The Banker in question was nothing to do with RBS when it went belly up, in fact he was working in an un related industry, he was brought in to try and help sort out the mess left by Fred Goodwin....etc

What exactly is your game, all you seem to post about is scum greedy bankers, you havent been here 5 minutes and its not the best way to win friends and influence people. Personally, I think you're a troll

Banned
    get rid of your little england attitude mate,, this is a global situation, caused mostly by people who have never even set foot in england,,, if you cant recognise the problem mate then what chance is there of you ever coming up with a solution
    Global situation you're having a laugh - according to you it's all down to the twin evils of Margaret Thatcher and the greedy Bankers (conveniently forgetting the 13 years Blair, Bottler Brown, Mandelson, Balls, Darling & Co spent schmoozing and sucking up to the City of London)

Trusted Member
    Exactly.

The government of the day were the ultimate regulatory authority.

The whole situation was allowed to develop during their watch....a so-called LABOUR government at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Englishman2010 View Post

What exactly is your game, all you seem to post about is scum greedy bankers, you havent been here 5 minutes and its not the best way to win friends and influence people. Personally, I think you're a troll
    Oi come on everyone is entitled to their opinion. If people are spouting their own politcs, then members have the right to answer back...surely?

Personally, the politics on here are a big yawn.

...Believe it or not, I only joined here because I met a Filipina.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    Britain will give priority to the "brightest and the best" immigrants under new plans to cut the number of foreigners settling in the UK, the Immigration Minister has said.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...mmigrants-plan
    That might filter out many potential Pinoy immigrants as the governement, through UK NARIC, doesnt seem to recognise many of the Pinoy universities? Seemingly only 5 Pinoy universities are recognised by UK NARIC.

Another interesting slant is one that ponders whether those from the top 5 Pinoy universities would want to come to Britain.

Banned
    Error posting ...sorry
    Last edited by lastlid; 30th January 2012 at 09:50. Reason: Duplicate posting in error

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    I think this is just a warning of what to expect in April.
    Yep. The writings on the wall......

I think this is a sign of the Government making it harder to come here, who knows what they will do but I am going to make sure we get everything sorted out quickly before things change, example I am thinking about is the Life in The UK Test - cost and difficulty - got to get that done soon me thinks..

Obviously the minimum income could filter some applications out - maybe they will set targets per country - dont the USA and Canada do something - maybe I am wrong - VISA Lottery with only so many Green Cards available per annum?

So starts another week....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information