Thread: Ilr applied - help! Need our passports asap!

Respected Member

Ilr applied - help! Need our passports asap!

We applied for my wife's ILR end of October / 1st week of November 2011. I forget the exact date. We have received news this morning that her father has died. We are in a hard place when we both haven't got our passports and need to go to the funeral. who can we contact and how long will it take to get the passports back?

Thanks your your help in this hard time.

I'm so sorry to hear that Johnny.

Please take time to look at this thread:

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....917#post337917

post # 17 by rusty.

hope that helps.

Respected Member
    the application will be withdrawn if we do that. I have a feeling we might be 1 or 2 weeks away from a decision and don't want to withdraw just yet. If we do, it will be almost 3 years of hard work wasted.

I guess I have no other option but the above?

I'm sorry to hear that Jonny, and I can sympathise with you both.

It's a very tricky position to be simply because you will need to rely upon the reaction from UKBA.

I think you know already, but if you strongly request the return of the passport, then technically her application will be treated as abandoned.

However, similar to requests for emergency travel documents applications, if she can provide evidence of this emergency to UKBA along with an explanation then they may speed up the processing of her ILR application.
    Please also indicate a planned travel date and be sure to state you do NOT wish the application to be abandoned.

Jonny, please take care to ensure that any 'travel documents' you actually end up using (whether passport or other document) will not only allow her out of UK but more importantly will allow her back in.

Take a look here for some extra UKBA information.

You must make contact asap

I don't think the Philippine Embassy can really help much, but may be worth a try just to know 'first-hand' so to speak.

Respected Member
    Thank you for all that information. I will send that form off today. We don't want to give up on application after we are so near yet so far.

Jonny & Wina

Respected Member
    Just to let you all know, we received our passports back yesterday. Our ILR is successful and have flights booked for March 9.

Congratulations Jonny! well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnywina View Post
    Just to let you all know, we received our passports back yesterday. Our ILR is successful and have flights booked for March 9.
    Great news
    Phew, got a bit tight eh

Respected Member
    We miss the funeral. The funeral was yesterday and our passports arrived on Friday. I'm glad I have booked the flights on Friday. The plane is 90% full with Manila fare at £520 return. Less than 2 weeks to wait now and finally will get some sun. Ireland loves the rain more than the sun.

We miss the funeral. The funeral was yesterday and our passports arrived on Friday. I'm glad I have booked the flights on Friday. The plane is 90% full with Manila fare at £520 return. Less than 2 weeks to wait now and finally will get some sun. Ireland loves the rain more than the sun.
    Aww I see, your wife's family didn't wait for her to attend the funeral? In the Philippines It is traditional to wait for the relatives or family abroad before the burial can take place to give respects.

Well, I hope you will have a nice holiday here despite of what happened, the summer has just started. Enjoy the sun!

Respected Member
    I agree and wish we could have attended. We didn't know when our passports will arrive back and could have been May time. Unlucky for us it arrived just a few hours before his funeral. Only 10 days left till we go there.

I agree and wish we could have attended. We didn't know when our passports will arrive back and could have been May time. Unlucky for us it arrived just a few hours before his funeral. Only 10 days left till we go there.
    Yeah, never mind. I'm sure you can always visit his grave while you and the wife are over here. Glad you got passports back quickly, here wishing you a great holiday ahead

Thread Information