Thread: What r the new rules coming into force in april?

What r the new rules coming into force in april?

what are these new rules coming into force in April,i cant remember what they are but i do remember thinking that we/i cant meet them.
    is it true that my wifes english language certificate & her p/port have to be in the same name? coz her KET cert is in her married name & her p/port which she has just renewed is in her maiden name,and as she has already got an appointment with the VSF she hasnt enought time to go to Cebu for the seminar and change the name in her p/port to mine. unless she cancels the appointment (before i pay the 58,230 Pesos) but then that will probably take us into April when those new rules come into force,.are we snookered?

Hi Brian, I answered this question on your other post. The names don't have to be the same. As long as you can prove to the ECO that she is the person that has taken the test. To do that, take photocopies of the photo ID she used and her birth certificate.

My wife applied using her maiden name of her English test certificate and her married name on passport.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steve monty View Post
    Hi Brian, I answered this question on your other post. The names don't have to be the same. As long as you can prove to the ECO that she is the person that has taken the test. To do that, take photocopies of the photo ID she used and her birth certificate.

My wife applied using her maiden name of her English test certificate and her married name on passport.
    Brian, Steve will be right then. We must have been told the wrong thing....I seem to remember that Hopkins in Manila told me that the names should match, however I may well have got it wrong.

Banned
    On the new rules, they havent been categorically revealed yet but there have been some clues dropped along the way. However, Damian Green, the Immigration minister, is due to reveal more information on this, in the coming few weeks.

hi steve & lastlid, thanks again for the replies,. i have just emailed that woman in VSF about it,hopefully i'll get a reply sooner rather than later. heres hoping it will be ok.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by briancol View Post
    hi steve & lastlid, thanks again for the replies,. i have just emailed that woman in VSF about it,hopefully i'll get a reply sooner rather than later. heres hoping it will be ok.
    Yep. I used to get a reply from her within 24 hours, unless she was off work for a day or two. (Hopefully she will still be working there!)

She goes by the name of Tess and she is the assistant manager at VFS.

Thread Information