Quote Originally Posted by tanga View Post
First of all be prepared for a wait..this will not be solved overnight.
So your brother was born in UK,his birth was registered at Philippine Embassy and was supposed to have been registered by the Embassy at NSO
Do you have any paperwork to prove that there was a registration fee paid at the Embassy?
Unfortunately the DFA now asks for a birth certificate even for renewal.
It would seem that having a Filipino passport is no automatic grounds for a renewal
I can only suggest that a further application to the NSO may result in records being found..but on the other hand
a talk with a travel agent with endorsement to DFA and attorney or notary with knowledge of DFA requirements may be productive
I think the problem can be solved but will take same time and effort.
Ask the Embassy in London for an explanation. Keep up the pressure
No paperwork, this was many years ago.

Yes the NSO application is in hand. We will know by thursday. I aiming to book their flight end of March lol so timing is very tight. This is the last piece and to be honest we did not anticipate this issue.

Ironically it was the travel agent who held the original Phil passport and my bro forgot to renew it and they lost it when he returned to retrieve it ! However I did not think of the endorsement idea which I will definitely pursue now thank you!

Advice from the Embassy was the same as yours, seek NSO cert, otherwise only re-course is reconstruction timed at 4-6 months which is quite frankly ridiculous. I'd rather pay that fine.