Thread: possible life in the uk test changes.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

possible life in the uk test changes.

I've read on another forum , that there has been made a recommendation to the gov. that you should only be able to take the test within 1 month before applying for ILR.

from ladyj's and my friend vicky
    quote 'In another board that I am a member of, a representative of the department of the Home Office that writes and publishes the test papers said that this is a recommendation during a specially organised on line chat. As I said, at the moment there is no time limit, but from what this gentleman said it is possible that there may be.

No need to panic now, but I think people should bear in mind that this may change.'

now you and take it anytime, as my wife and stepson took it in mid march, and they didnt apply for ILR until may. but the only reason i can think of why the gov would want to do this is, make more , you cannot apply for ILR without your life in the uk pass cert, if you dont have it you will have to apply for FLR. and you will still have to take the test, but until you take the test and pass, and then can apply for ILR. you will still have no recouse to public funds, in other words no benefits. looks to me its about making it more difficult and expensive for those who want to claim ILR.

london well away from those people up norf
    I think they would be pushing the limits with such an extreme measure with support from there party supporters and i doubt unless spun very well would sound that great vote winner to the general public. For all the hassle and bad press it would give in the communties who had family members and friends applying.

Im not to sure from your first few lines, but is this from a decent source and not from i heard in the pub from a bloke today source?

i'm not so sure.. not being a vote winner from general public, it dosn't effect 99% of the general public, and 99% of general public dont give a , the gov can do what they want, as they did bringing in the test in the first place, and with the massive increase in visa fees. why consider changing it then ?

some people on here know which forum it is, and why would vicky lie, she is a solictor and OISC Registered Immigration Consultant..

and as for immigration law changes what going to happen next year ? when they simplify it ..

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    i'm not so sure.. not being a vote winner from general public, it dosn't effect 99% of the general public, and 99% of general public dont give a , the gov can do what they want, as they did bringing in the test in the first place, and with the massive increase in visa fees. why consider changing it then ?

some people on here know which forum it is, and why would vicky lie, she is a solictor and OISC Registered Immigration Consultant..

and as for immigration law changes what going to happen next year ? when they simplify it ..
    Sounds a good source just clarfiying sorry was not sure.

Im sure our daft goverment would implement it as its stupid enough.

I'm sure i will be wrong as it sounds like wishful thinking, but i think Labour will realise that its affecting families who have more young potential labour voters while not quite the vote winner it will be for the masses.

Will it also cause mass chaos in the future? Is their a point when a huge amount of Eastern europeans will be required to take the test when they can if they so wish to naturalize?

A lot of the poles for example came in a short six month period the Test centres could be swamped with a huge demand for the test all at once

My Sister worked for a while for a goverment department and was involved in anlaysing the survey results for a report in to the Eastern european influx into the UK. The goverment or at least this department presumed a few years back that most were going to stay long enough to make a few quid and then disspear as quickly as they came doh.

How many Phill nurses, west indian bus drivers, Indian textile workers in the past came over here for a few years to earn their fortune and go home to retire Then for whatever reason decided/had to stay.

Maybe they realise the peos will be swamped by eastern europeans in the few years wanting to earn citzenship (if they can?) so to avert the pressure, blame it on the private test centres as they can't cope with the numbers and therefore act as a pressure valve?

Lightbulb More accurate information

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post

Hi,
    I am new to this board, but can you tell us where are you receiving these information from? As far as I know, and not defending the British Government, they have all their plans and meetings documented and published.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by remontado View Post
    Hi,
    I am new to this board, but can you tell us where are you receiving these information from? As far as I know, and not defending the British Government, they have all their plans and meetings documented and published.
    Thanks.
    labour ie the goverment push out ideas all the time to test the water it appears.

Also very few people in the genral public knew of the exact figures the new visa fees were to be untill the very last mintue but they said they had consulted many people, companies and communties involved with visas.

its not law yet, might never be, its just a recommendation by some people who advise the government, as is the possible rise in age to 21 for a spouse visa...

the government is going to make major changes to simplify immigration law next year, who knows what them changes are

the gov has recently brought in the life in the uk test, changed the period from 4 to 5 years for those on a work permit could claim ILR, massive increases in visa costs, also for those applying for ILR under the 10 year rule changes have been recently made and you can only qualify if all the visa extensions were done from within the UK. all these changes are to make it more difficult and expensive for non europeans to get a visa, the gov cannot stop europeans coming to the uk, but they can control non europeans ..

Quote Originally Posted by andypaul View Post
    labour ie the goverment push out ideas all the time to test the water it appears.

Also very few people in the genral public knew of the exact figures the new visa fees were to be untill the very last mintue but they said they had consulted many people, companies and communties involved with visas.
    Well, I won't argue the testing side. But as far as I see it the new people should understand basics of life here e.g. political institutions, housing, health and these are covered in the test.

sample life in the UK test question
    one of the question is:
    If your are in england is scotland note acceptable on restaurants, pubs etc?
    -----I answered NO. Because there is this experience wherein a scottish note isnt accepted on bus, and restaurant...so.....well i got it wrong ....because accdg to law it shud be accepted but i dnt think its implemented is it?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart_donnlyn View Post
    sample life in the UK test question
    one of the question is:
    If your are in england is scotland note acceptable on restaurants, pubs etc?
    -----I answered NO. Because there is this experience wherein a scottish note isnt accepted on bus, and restaurant...so.....well i got it wrong ....because accdg to law it shud be accepted but i dnt think its implemented is it?
    As long as the note says "Sterling" (the Uk's currency is pound sterling), it can be accepted anywhere in the UK. If the shop, bus or restaurant says no, point this out to them, and yes its been implemented for a long long time.

Banned

Small question..........

What if someone only needs/wants ILR and does not want citizenship...?

Have I missed something?

I must have...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    Small question..........

Have I missed something?

I must have...
    I dont think Citizenship is compulsory, ILR, as the name suggests is indefinite, but still subject to some immigration controls and other conditions (for example you would still need a Schengen Visa to travel in Europe), so Citizenship, although expensive is a good idea in the long run.

Small question..........

Have I missed something?

I must have...
    I think the goverment realised alot of people don't go for citzenship so thought well they have to apply for ILR, so lets move the test to being required before ILR.

Still need the test

Small question..........

Have I missed something?

I must have...
    You will still have to apply for the 'Life in the UK Test'

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by remontado View Post
    You will still have to apply for the 'Life in the UK Test'
    I am sure that's bks...

There must be another way...

I can't shift any of these Welsh £3 notes
    Keith - Administrator

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    I can't shift any of these Welsh £3 notes
    Try Harrods in Aberystwyth, they take them

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by walesrob View Post
    Try Harrods in Aberystwyth, they take them
    Where in Haveawristwatch...???

It also means you can become an official inbred terrorist
    Keith - Administrator

I know in the south a lot of places refuse to take scottish and northern irish notes due to problems detecting forgeries and customers refusing to accept them as change. Whether thats right or wrong is another matter.

Q1. Who is the Queen?
    A narky cow who storms out of photo shoots
    Keith - Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Q1. Who is the Queen?
    A narky cow who storms out of photo shoots
    oh i thought you said 'queenie' - we all know thats you thou , well your stage and glamour name..

Haven't you got a cell to polish?
    Keith - Administrator

Thread Information