Thread: We could have a logo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Hi to all...

I'll just express my opinion on this..I hope no one would be offended..

Anyway, this thing that some of you are proposing (car stickers, banners, etc.) is a nice idea ..but the problem with this is it would cost money and time to be able to do that. The forum doesn't require members here to spend money, the forum runs from Keith's own pocket though and only get donations once in a while but that's not a requirement. Unless someone would be willing to shoulder the production cost of these, it's possible.

It's not that easy too to have a combined group and have a common association with other groups because we would require another set of admins/moderators for that and set of people to do the communications among these sets of organization..and as everyone here knows, running a group is not that easy. Not everybody has a lot of free time for handling a bigger and wider responsibilities just to maintain the association.

I don't want to discourage everyone, but I'm just saying the things that would make this difficult to achieve. I've seen Keith work on his 2 forums and his websites, and it's not that easy. Lots of things to do and whenever the servers break down, it's really a major problem for him.

These are just my opinion, Keith may have his own say on this though. But for me, it requires a lot of responsibilities and a great effort..and at the moment, it's quite impossible to do it.

-=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Hi to all...

I'll just express my opinion on this..I hope no one would be offended..

Anyway, this thing that some of you are proposing (car stickers, banners, etc.) is a nice idea ..but the problem with this is it would cost money and time to be able to do that. The forum doesn't require members here to spend money, the forum runs from Keith's own pocket though and only get donations once in a while but that's not a requirement. Unless someone would be willing to shoulder the production cost of these, it's possible.

It's not that easy too to have a combined group and have a common association with other groups because we would require another set of admins/moderators for that and set of people to do the communications among these sets of organization..and as everyone here knows, running a group is not that easy. Not everybody has a lot of free time for handling a bigger and wider responsibilities just to maintain the association.

I don't want to discourage everyone, but I'm just saying the things that would make this difficult to achieve. I've seen Keith work on his 2 forums and his websites, and it's not that easy. Lots of things to do and whenever the servers break down, it's really a major problem for him.

These are just my opinion, Keith may have his own say on this though. But for me, it requires a lot of responsibilities and a great effort..and at the moment, it's quite impossible to do it.

I agree Rayna,

I have been responsible for this type of thing before with a tropical fish forum. The setting up cost for the initial designs are a huge outlay and you never know if you are going to recover that spend. Even if you get lots of people interested, parting with that cash never comes easy and you are left with products that no one wants. Most of these places that can make these products also require a minimum number of items. Say for instance badges, car stickers, you are looking at 1000 items each. The cost just isnt worth it.

As for the logo, I just knocked it up quick in MS Paint, didn't take long. If people really wanted to have a logo for the forum (which would have to be approved by the Boss) and they wanted it placed on a shirt for example, then maybe we could work on a high quality printable image, which anyone can download and turn into one of those 'iron on' decals. Problem solved.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post

As for the logo, I just knocked it up quick in MS Paint, didn't take long. If people really wanted to have a logo for the forum (which would have to be approved by the Boss) and they wanted it placed on a shirt for example, then maybe we could work on a high quality printable image, which anyone can download and turn into one of those 'iron on' decals. Problem solved.
    Yes ... those were really the lines I'd been thinking along too, Steve.

Thread Information