Thread: Question regarding the visa processing time.

Question regarding the visa processing time.

Hello. Could anyone help me with my enquiry regarding the processing time of a fiancé visa? How long it takes before I can get my passport back? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gretta View Post
    Hello. Could anyone help me with my enquiry regarding the processing time of a fiancé visa? How long it takes before I can get my passport back? Thanks
    It could take anything from 3 days to 3 months.

Take look here:-
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...ocessing-times

Just use the drop-down menu

took us one month back last october but as Terpe states, its seems to vary considerably so just make sure all the required documents are provided and in the right order so the ECO has less chance of delaying your application.

Banned
    Yes. When we applied back in september it took us 2 weeks but many were getting their visas after just a few days. Why? Who knows? I think there is also a bit of luck involved. On the other hand I have a theory that if an application is straight forward, with no complications or weak areas then they are more likely to go through more quickly. There are so many factors that it is so difficult to really know for sure.

Banned
    I think there have been instances where it has only taken a day. Which just goes to show how much work goes into the processing, on occasion. Makes you wonder if some simply sit around at the bottom of a pile for weeks on end. And they must have spent all of 5 minutes on Bigmarco's Fiancee visa application.

Quote Originally Posted by Gretta View Post
    Hello, Gretta ... to the filipino/uk forum.

Someone else has asked a similar question - albeit regarding the processing of a Spousal Visa - and I have just been explaining the reason why it's often difficult to give a straight answer. As I see it ... much depends on the Embassy's worload - especially during peak seasons.

Respected Member
    Won't the time taken depend on where you apply? We'll soon be applying through the Dubai office of the Visa4UK business who work on behalf of the Border Agency. Do they send everything to a man in a dark room in London, or do they perform much/all of the processing at their regional offices (Dubai in this case).

Quote Originally Posted by Trefor View Post
    Won't the time taken depend on where you apply? We'll soon be applying through the Dubai office of the Visa4UK business who work on behalf of the Border Agency. Do they send everything to a man in a dark room in London, or do they perform much/all of the processing at their regional offices (Dubai in this case).
    Yes, processing times will vary depending on the staffing levels and working times.
    However, the UKBA has stated generic Service Standards:-

Service standards

We have service standards for processing UK visa applications. Our standards say that we will process:
    90 per cent of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98 per cent within 6 weeks and 100 per cent within 12 weeks of the application date;
    and 95 per cent of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the application date and 100 per cent within 24 weeks of the application date.

Please note that we define 1 week as 5 working days
    For country specific information on processing times you can check here. The link gives historical data.

Whether it's a good thing or not, there is no dark room in London to where all the visa applications are sent. (That dark room is reserved only for appeals against refusals )

In your case the applications would be processed locally by the Entry Clearance Officer(s) (ECO) based at the British Embassy in Dubai

Hi Greta and welcome to our friendly forum. Best wishes for your Fiance visa application and I hope you are not waiting to long for the good news.

Thread Information