Thread: Sponsor Letter Example - Any improvements I could add

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sponsor Letter Example - Any improvements I could add

I have wring a sponsor letter to be attached to my wife Spousal Visa application after we get married in Phils this May 2012. I would appreciate any comments as to where i could improve it.

Sponsor Letter

Robert Redfern Knight
    Address: XXXXXXX, Whitehill, Bordon, Hampshire GU35 9HA, UK
    House Tel: +44 (0) XXXXXXXXXX
    Email: removed for your safety
    Mobile Number: +44 (0) XXXXXXXXXXX
    Date: May 2012

To: The British Embassy Manila
    120 Upper McKinley Road
    McKinley Hill
    Taguig City 1634

Subject: Novilla Sibayan xxxxxxxx, Philippine National, xx November 1984
    Settelement Spousal Application VAF4A

To The Entry Clearance Officer:

I, Robert R. Knight am a British Citizen and am permanently residing in the UK. I was born in the UK. my date of birth is xx March 1961 and my British passport no. is xxxxxxxxx which was issued by the UKPA in the United Kingdom. Certified copies of my birth certificate and legalised copy of my biopage from my passport are attached.

I wish to sponsor my spouse Mrs. Novilla Sibayan xxxxx, birth date xx November 1984, currently living at address: xxxxxxxxxx, San Fermin, Cauayan City, Isabela 3305, Philippines with Philippine passport no. xxxxxxxxx to settle with me at our marital home in the UK.

In March 2010 I first met my wife through the internet chat site www.tubely.com (her Tubely ID: cheska, mine: Johns, I have furnished evidence of this). Over time our relationship has developed to the point we became deeply in love, leading onto my first visit to the Philippines to meet Novilla on May 8th 2011, we spent 2 weeks living together in Manila and visiting Novilla’s family in Mecaniao, Isabela. On 20th October 2011 I visited Novilla for 3 weeks in Manaila and Cauayan City, Isabela and on May xxxx 2012 I spent 3 weeks with Novilla and our baby son, during which time we got married at the XXXXX Church in Cauayan City, Isabela, Philippines on (give date). I have attached copies of our marriage certificate issued by the NSO, various invoice receipts and photobooks for the May & October 2011 visits and when I visited
    to marry Novilla in May 2012. We conceived our baby son together, Matthew Aaron Knight, he was born on Janaury 24th 2012. We are making a separate application for Matthew’s British Passport Number.

Following on from my UK divorce settlement, Novilla, Matthew and myself will initially be staying with my father in his 4 bedroom detached house in Hampshire UK, address: xxxxxxxx, Whitehill, Bordon, Hampshire GU35 9HA, UK. The house is owned outright by my father xxxxxx Knight, he is the freehold owner with no mortgage and lives alone. I have attached a letter written by my father confirming his welcome to Novilla and Matthew. Also attached is a certified copy of the house deeds and a utility bill. I am currently looking for a new house in the UK that will eventually become our family home.

I am staff employee working for xxx plc, a large integrated Oil & gas Company. I work for xxx as a Accounts Payable Manager on a 4/4 week work rotation system out of the UK to Basrah in Iraq. My current base salary is £XX,000 p.a., this being enhanced by guaranteed Tax protected rotation bonuses of £XX,000 a year. I have been with my current employer 23 years since October 1988, initially with Atlantic Richfield Inc., later taken over by xxx PLC in the year 2000.

I have attached my my original employment contract, my last 6 months wage slips, my last P60 (April 2012), my current account bank statements over the last 6 months, my savings account balance £xxxxxxx, copies of my xxx PLC company shares (Qty: 15,000) valued at £xxxxxx based on current market prices.

Since November 2010 we have kept in touch everyday either by Mobile, Yahoo messenger / Skype & emails. I have attached some examples of our emails, copies of the Ezetop recharge receipts paid on my credit card for both my wife’s Touch Mobile No: xxxxxxxxxxx and her Internet access Globe No: xxxxxxxxxxx used to keep in touch online. I have also attached all receipts for the apartment we rented in Pasig City, Manila from December 2010 to May 2011 & the House we are currently renting in Cauayan City, Isabela.

I have been supporting my wife and son in the Philippines through monthly money transfers via Orbit Remit (transfer receipts attached) covering all her accommodation and living support costs for the last 16 months and I shall undertake full responsibility for all my wife’s expenses when she settles in the UK, without recourse to public funds. I am dearly looking forward to Novilla’s and my baby son Matthew’s arrival here in the UK so we can start our family life here together.

Yours sincerely,

Robert Redfern Knight
    xxxxx 2012

Attachments:
    1. Legalised copy of Biopage of my passport and certified copy of my Birth Certificate.
    2. Photobooks for May, October 2011 visits & our marriage in May 2012
    3. My XX employment contract. My P60 & last 6 month payslips
    3. First Direct current bank account for last 6 months & Savings Account balance.
    4. Copies of xxx PLC Share Certificates and shares held in company share plan
    5. Money Transfer (Orbit Remit) & Mobile/Laptop recharge (Ezetop) receipts.
    8. Apartment and House rental agreements (Pasig & Cauayan City) & various medical and shopping receipts from the Philippines.
    9. Support letter from my father for our accommodation in the UK.
    Last edited by robert34; 12th March 2012 at 13:39. Reason: personal data wages amount removed

Banned
    ......on a 4/4 week work rotation system out of the UK to Basrah in Iraq
    Ouch.

I worked in Kuwait for about 12 months many years ago. Drilling some of the deep gas exploratory wells. At that time Iraq and Iran were at war with one another and Kuwait was implicated as accomplices of Iraq.

Atlantic Richfield is ARCO? I recall the Ocean Odyssey affair.

I relate to the 4 and 4 rotation in that neck of the woods.

I wont cast comment on the letter above, as it looks pretty comprehensive and well laid out to me and I am truly not an expert, but as you know there are folk here that can and will.

I noticed that many folk advise not putting email addresses on the main site here as anyone can read them.

Banned

Hi Robert

I'd spellcheck the letter - you've spelt settlement wrong, but otherwise.......well, it looks ok to me, but I'm no expert and others on here will have much more experience.

Thread Information