Thread: making your home in the phils

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

making your home in the phils

its been mentioned a few times in differant threads about moving to the phils, just wondering where you will be moving too, ie into your partners family home or to buy your own place, again i know you cant buy your own place but i ment the place that you shall be living in with your partner,

me and my wife 2 be will be buying our own we just need to sort out when lol but we might stay with her mum/dad till its done

thanks hawk, we are looking at buying some land first

Definatley buy our own home in a nice sub div

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

thats the problem steve, its where you want to buy, a nice plot 1000 sq mtrs not in a built up place too, panglao for us we hope

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    thats the problem steve, its where you want to buy, a nice plot 1000 sq mtrs not in a built up place too, panglao for us we hope
    We still can't decide if it will be near the family or somwhere further out like panglao or palawan

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

No one wants to be my neighbour
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by stevie c View Post
    We still can't decide if it will be near the family or somwhere further out like panglao or palawan
    or both
    If you can't say something nice. SHUT UP!. Simple.

marites,s aunty has some land we are goint to buy when time comes as its near her mums home

whers that hawk

What are the rules for moving there? I thought you had to have so much capital and income?

stevei would love to be your neighbour, if the price was right we could be intrested, but i bet if and when we brought it you would be moving back to blighty

I've had some changes in my life very recently and there's a good chance we may relocate sooner than we anticipated maybe we will relocate to Philippines. Nothing keeping me here in UK except hard currency potential.

We already have a house in Marikina. But that's not my idea of long term.
    We have other places to go but with family already firmly in place that may not be a good long term plan either.

We have land in Bohol as my MIL originates from there, or maybe in Davao area where most of the family already reside.

Luckily we are both agreed that we will settle down 'close to' but not 'too close to' family. Certainly close to good medical facilities, and definitely somewhere close to the ocean. Currently my MIL lives right on oceanside in Davao Oriental. You can hear the waves from the bedrooms.

Probably we will hop around and live in what we have already with our family members until we finally decide where is our heaven.
    I strongly suspect and hope it's Bohol. It's my idea of paradise.

well terpe that is one of many things we agree on, bohol and the area around there is paradise,time keeps moving on never stopping for all of us, 6+ years for me to save enough to say see ya england and i love you all

well terpe that is one of many things we agree on, bohol and the area around there is paradise,time keeps moving on never stopping for all of us, 6+ years for me to save enough to say see ya england and i love you all
    Hehehe.
    Fingers crossed my friend.
    Just now I have a lot to consider, especially what my wife will do if we relocate to Philippines now.

Steve did you ever discuss with Emma what she would do?
    Just interested, not being nosey.
    looking for answers

myself i would like a lot about 1000 sq meters or bigger so i could keep busy, chickens and then to grow my own food too, or to see what i could grow, to be near the sea too,changing the subjuect a litte here, the family means so much to emma, but it seems the family dont get in contact with emma much at all, even with facebook and cheap calls too,that is why i feel we dont have to be to close

emma would love to rebuild her dads place in marikina, make it into doors as they call it, she would love to open some sort of shop too, but the shop to me will not work,and her dads place well, heard the saying throwing money after bad, i would be all for it but with her other bros and sisters helping too,that soon seems to shut them up then,so to tell the truth i dont know what she would do with us living in panglao and her dad in marikina and sister in cavite, i have mentioned that her dad may want to come and live with us but that fell on deaf ears too

emma would love to rebuild her dads place in marikina, make it into doors as they call it, she would love to open some sort of shop too, but the shop to me will not work,and her dads place well, heard the saying throwing money after bad, i would be all for it but with her other bros and sisters helping too,that soon seems to shut them up then,so to tell the truth i dont know what she would do with us living in panglao and her dad in marikina and sister in cavite, i have mentioned that her dad may want to come and live with us but that fell on deaf ears too
    Well you have some time.
    Just to say that our ladies are smart, strong willed and wily.
    (I could say devious but I daren't)

where you will be moving too, ie into your partners family home or to buy your own place
    definitely near my mum's , we have a reserved lot courtesy of my grand parents and will just have to build our home someday
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

to late you have said it, the funny thing is that when Ems came here to england she was very reliant on me and after time she can managed lots on her own, now when the time comes for us to move back to the phils, the shoe or flip flop will be on the other foot and will i be as quick as Ems to fall into place

to late you have said it, the funny thing is that when Ems came here to england she was very reliant on me and after time she can managed lots on her own, now when the time comes for us to move back to the phils, the shoe or flip flop will be on the other foot and will i be as quick as Ems to fall into place
    Exactly right.

Not sure at the moment, east midlands, rice farm or manila
    Its always difficult but we've said we'll not live close to the main family group in western Samar as it'd to easy for them to get to us and to contact us for "help". Plus there isn't really alot there for us (meaning me) to do in the likes of Tacloban. So it'd have to be somewhere near Manila really, mainly so its easy for me to get to the airport for work. Thing is though the wife stil wants to be close ish to some of her famiy, so thats going to be some of her neice's that live near Manila. I think she'd want one of them to stay with her when I go to work which is fair enough.

So I'm thinking of somewhere south of Manila, but I hate the idea of living in a walled community, I think I'd feel hemmed in but there probably isn't really much of an option due to the real possibility of crime.

We'll maybe go across late this year / early next to start looking for our place. Initially we're looking at 12-18 months so it's going to be rental first and then we'll see what happens, if we decide to stay or go back to the uk.

Out of interest what property websites do people use? My regular ones are Island properties and sulit. These do seem to have uk priced properties on them though which does put me off somewhat as I'm buggered if I'm going to buy a house out the for 200 grand!!!
    It's been emontional

for me i would pay upto 40,000 for a great house with a lot in the country, and around 12000 for a lot but who knows when the time comes, i think the sooner we buy a lot the better it will be, bohol/panglao prices i am quoting too

ahyer.com is a very good site i always check on there once a week

Trusted Member
    Site supervision is important.

Thread Information