Thread: the land of milk and honey

the land of milk and honey

i wonder if it is, all the talk about visiting the phils and seeing your gal, fall in love and plan your futures together, where do you live, at the begining its got to be where your work is unless you are very rich and can afford to live anywhere. You deside that england is the place to be and after everything is done visas, and such things,you get here, how long before you start to think, well its not all good, hard work and long hours , more bills then you could ever imagine, no spare money. As you can see this is mainly for the girls but the boys can answer too. So is it all your dreams come true or do you long to be back in the phils,

Banned
    As Terpe said, "you can take the girl out of Phils, but you cant take the Phils out of the girl". Possibly a bit of a sweeping generalisation but I am sure in many cases it is true. My wife spent 24 years of her 24 year life in the Philippines until she came here and it is definitely different here. But I think over the passage of time she is coming to terms with those differences. I think she likes the milk and honey here but her palate hasn't adjusted to the flavour of it and it takes some to adjust.

Banned
    Britain is the land of milk and honey - maggots like this lot are eager to come here and have the rest of us pay for their upkeep

more its the land they milk the money

i refer to the maggots of course

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    I never thought of UK as the land of milk and honey.. When I was a kid, I always thought it was the US..haha well that's because we Filipinos are brought up with that and only a few know about UK..and up to now, I still want to go to US more than the UK..I know lots of people in the US compared to here in the UK..I got lots of relatives in the US compared here in the UK..and now comparing my life in the Philippines and here in the UK, I'd still prefer to be in Manila..as I always say to my friends, I only want to visit these countries they say the land of milk and honey but not to live in..but Keith lives here in the UK and with him is where I want to be..if not for Keith, I wouldn't be here honestly..
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

and the streets of london paved with gold

well will keith ever move to the usa or manila

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    well will keith ever move to the usa or manila
    Keith always said he could live in Las Vegas or Arizona coz he love it there..but he needs NHS more than the US can offer..so he said it won't mind him just having a vacation house there..hahaha.. and he promised my family we'll always visit the Philippines..I think that sorts it all now..hahaha
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

i too would love to take emma to the usa, but lest get the visas sorted out her first,

Trusted Member
    Well, I spent the best part of 15 years going backwards and forwards to the Phils with a wife and three children...Hong Kong too...chasing daydreams and spending LOTS of money.

When you have children over a certain age (4 or 5 years ?), suddenly THEIR lives and education become a major issue. UK or Philippines, the choice has to be made.

At that point you have to decide just how selfish you want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Well, I spent the best part of 15 years going backwards and forwards to the Phils with a wife and three children...Hong Kong too...chasing daydreams and spending LOTS of money.

When you have children over a certain age (4 or 5 years ?), suddenly THEIR lives and education become a major issue. UK or Philippines, the choice has to be made.

Very true.. And what is so good about the U.S.A? Got to admit I have been there but it didnt do anything for me. Just my opinion. Give me the phils anyday.

lives here in the UK and with him is where I want to be...
    very true and well said Rayna
    A place for everything, everything in its place.

Banned
    I worked for an American company for 30 years. Did about 5 trips to Houston Texas. My conclusion is that like the UK and Phils there is both good and bad there. Dont like the gun culture though.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post

and thats me at this point of our lives..but also i must admit 50%-50%
    A place for everything, everything in its place.

Thread Information