Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Tesco....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

RIP Tesco....

Got your hopes up there Ded

RIP Tesco Value

"Tesco Value has been shelved. Its blue and white stripes have passed their sell by date. The bargain brand has checked out".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17622856

So Tesco Value has been rebranded to Everyday Value.

I wonder who thought that one up

Much prefer Waitrose Essentials

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Much prefer Waitrose Essentials

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    Got your hopes up there Ded

You certainly did LL As you know I consider them a loathsome company. Interesting article thanks for posting it.

What indicated to me that they were running scared was when they came up with all the stupid "brand" names such as Oak Lane & Daisy to mimic Aldi & Lidl - Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

They have a mock up of an Aldi store at Rip Off H.Q

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/m...challenge.html

I have a Lidl right next door to me and thats where I shop most
    Mick.

aldi cant beat it , ok farmfoods can match it

Not sure at the moment, east midlands, rice farm or manila
    Did an experiment last leave by shopping at morrisons (we have two near us) and to within a couple of quid it was basically the same as I'd spend at tesco's. I much prefer the choice and quality of food at tesco to be honest. I've had "fresh" going bad on me within 3 days of buying it at Morrisons.
    It's been emontional

Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    ...... I've had "fresh" going bad on me within 3 days of buying it at Morrisons.
    Exactly the same experience we had.

never been in a tescos since my ex lest over 4 years ago, long story but i have never mssed the shop, for fresh veg try aldi, i am never disapointed, or pakshop

Banned
    Bought 2 bags of clementines in Tescos 2 nights ago. They are awful. Look great on the outside but dry and semi tasteless on the inside. I feel like taking them back but its just a load of hassle.....grrrrr

Your advice Dedworth?

The vegetables are fine at Aldi, and the chicken pieces are not just amongst the cheapest you can get, but are the best I've used.
    Fruit though I've found is very hit and miss at Aldi. Most of the time it's ok if you eat it pretty quickly, but very often is spoils quickly and is bruised (which of course causes it to spoil rapidly)

Bizarrely, fruit is often cheaper at Asda at the moment. There seems to be a real price war out there.

Respected Member
    Supermarkets are such a rip off, if you have the time to head to the market for fresh fruit or the butchers you suddenly realise the markup.
    As for pre prepared food and microwave crap.... YUCK.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    Supermarkets are such a rip off, if you have the time to head to the market for fresh fruit or the butchers you suddenly realise the markup.
    The fruit and vedge market, seems to be a dieing breed. I dont think we have one on the IOM as such.

Not sure at the moment, east midlands, rice farm or manila
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    We actually try to use our local butcher and market as much as possible. The butcher used to have his own slaughter house out the back. The smell in the summer was a bit off being as he's in the centre of town but you couldn't get fresher!!! Used to hand pheasent, rabbit etc up as well out infront
    It's been emontional

Banned
    I think they were like it the night I bought them. But you cant tell when they are on the shelves...maybe I should try before I buy....

well the other day i said i would cook, and fish with fishkes and me potato fritters, what s---t it tasted, just like cardboard, well it gets me out of cooking ever again, cant beat what emma cooks

Trusted Member
    Maybe my moaning at the till at Tesco about them not even having a chicken burger in stock last week, or the previous one paid off. They had loads this week, and even plus a new line.

Pathetic when a massive store doesn't even stock the 'healthier option'...when compared with beef burgers.

i go on various shops..morrissons, lidl,aldi , tesco, butcher, paki shops wherever near me but i look for the tags some bargains are not really bargains if you look at it closely
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    i go on various shops..morrissons, lidl,aldi , tesco, butcher, paki shops wherever near me but i look for the tags some bargains are not really bargains if you look at it closely
    Isnt it about time we stopped using the expression ' paki shop " and use something like " ethnic minority shop " instead?

Banned
    Isnt it about time we stopped using the expression ' paki shop " and use something like " ethnic minority shop " instead?
    Could always say JD Shop

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Could always say JD Shop
    Or in Bradford "Ethnic Majority" shop.

We do our weekly shop at sainsbury....never had a problem with there fruit & veg turning

We still visit our local asian store for asian veggies,rice & my fav coconut juice from thailand which is called Foco coconut juice with the bits i just love the stuff

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

Hmmmm .......... I've just found an article stating that Tesco's was fined £48,000 in 2011 for breaches in health and safety at one of their stores regarding the unsafe loading and loading of goods and also failing to report 3 accidents of their employees. I have contacted the local Environmental Health Department about my own accident at the local Tesco's store and they are now pursuing a further breach. They have a duty of care to their staff and customers, what an unprofessional shower they are ........ bye Tesco's!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie1958 View Post
    Hmmmm .......... I've just found an article stating that Tesco's was fined £48,000 in 2011 for breaches in health and safety at one of their stores regarding the unsafe loading and loading of goods and also failing to report 3 accidents of their employees. I have contacted the local Environmental Health Department about my own accident at the local Tesco's store and they are now pursuing a further breach. They have a duty of care to their staff and customers, what an unprofessional shower they are ........ bye Tesco's!
    Section 3.1 of the 1974 Health and Safety at Work Act.....

"It shall be the duty of every employer to conduct his undertaking in such a way as to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that persons not in his employment who may be affected thereby are not thereby exposed to risks to their health or safety".

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/37/section/3

If they had a duty of care and if section 3.1 has been breached and can be proven to be breached then you have a case.

Banned
    Prosecuted under RIDDOR....for not reporting...

http://www.healthandsafetyatwork.com...iddor-failures

Banned
    "Tesco rings up £20,000 fine for sliced fingers.
    Tesco fined £20,000 under HASAWA 1974 s2 and PUWER 1998. A dough-dividing machine had a faulty interlock switch which resulted in employees being instructed to use the emergency stop button instead. Lifting the lid off the machine without pressing the button became commonplace. Monitoring by management should have noticed this and rectified the situation. As a result the blade sliced off the tips of two fingers of an employee".

http://www.hastam.co.uk/hsnews/archi...2-february.php

Section 3.1 of the 1974 Health and Safety at Work Act.....

"It shall be the duty of every employer to conduct his undertaking in such a way as to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that persons not in his employment who may be affected thereby are not thereby exposed to risks to their health or safety".

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/37/section/3

If they had a duty of care and if section 3.1 has been breached and can be proven to be breached then you have a case.
    Thank you Lastlid, I am also familiar with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Management of H&S at Work Regulations.

Tesco's has a duty of care to it's staff, customers and visitors and must provide safe access and egress on their premises with suitable risk assessments in place. Any cases of breach will normally be brought by the Environmental Health Dept/ or the HSE, rather than by individuals but there has to be liaison with the local regulator before that happens. The case is being pursued by Environmental Health.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie1958 View Post
    Thank you Lastlid, I am also familiar with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Management of H&S at Work Regulations.

Tesco's has a duty of care to it's staff, customers and visitors and must provide safe access and egress on their premises with suitable risk assessments in place. Any cases of breach will normally be brought by the Environmental Health Dept/ or the HSE, rather than by individuals but there has to be liaison with the local regulator before that happens. The case is being pursued by Environmental Health.
    Aren't we all safety officers these days.! I believe, as an individual, one can go through the civil courts, alternatively.

Aren't we all safety officers these days.! I believe, as an individual, one can go through the civil courts, alternatively.
    I think you are getting confused with Personal Injury Claims, which are a different matter and are able to be pursued by individuals

Banned

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information