Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheap Flights Manila to Uk

Newbie (Restricted Access) antchristie's Avatar

Cheap Flights Manila to Uk

Happy Easter all.
    Does anyone know of a site i can look at for flights Manila to Uk
    Thanks in advance

skyscanner, try them and once have your price go and compare

hey, just google cheap flights and you will see there what you needed....

Quote Originally Posted by antchristie View Post
    Happy Easter all.
    Does anyone know of a site i can look at for flights Manila to Uk
    Thanks in advance
    Usually I will check out Skyscanner and Kayak

But once armed with information don't forget to contact your local travel agent or even some of the more reputable from your freebe Pinoy newspaper (Crystal Travel for example). They can often offer similar prices with the benefit of additional luggage allowance or maybe better connection timings. Always worth a phone call.

Good luck

Banned
    I keep seeing flights for 428 quid being advertised on this website...

As terpe says you won't go wrong with trying crystal travel imo

Here is the number 0207 7612 0526 ask for Cherry she is a nice friendly Filipina

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

Crystal came up with the right price for me but I will just see how the flight goes. Hopefully no hicups. My connecting flights are pretty close to each other so if one is delayed it might spell trouble.

Banned
    http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com...47657788869768

Alpha Flights London to Manila from £428. I keep getting their advert when I open filipino.co.uk Anybody getting the same?

http://www.alphaflights.co.uk

A friend of mine & my wifes has just booked a flight departing April 24th 2012 singapore airlines to singapore then on to davao price £739

Quote Originally Posted by stevie c View Post
    As terpe says you won't go wrong with trying crystal travel imo

Here is the number 0207 7612 0526 ask for Cherry she is a nice friendly Filipina
    Spoken to Cherry many times..Booked a few times with her but she s not always the cheapest..Shop around!

Quote Originally Posted by stevie c View Post
    A friend of mine & my wifes has just booked a flight departing April 24th 2012 singapore airlines to singapore then on to davao price £739
    I know it lmay look expensive at first sight. But from UK to Davao with Singapore Airlines that's a pretty good price.

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    ..Alpha Flights London to Manila from £428. I keep getting their advert when I open filipino.co.uk Anybody getting the same?

http://www.alphaflights.co.uk
    I had a quick look just out of curiosity.

Take a look at this page and compare some of the 'Fares' and 'Taxes', huge variations:-

http://www.alphaflights.co.uk/Flight...ines=XX&Flex=N

Respected Member
    To answer the OP about sites with info about flights from Manila to UK
    http://www.bridgestravel.com/

As for the thread topic Cheap flights Manila to UK
    forget it there aren't any

The expedition to UK from KL on Air AsiaX is now history as the route has been terminated
    Oasis Air flew budget flights to UK from HK but went bankrupt after 18 months
    Both of these routes required a link flight from Philippines and additional check in,also restricted luggage

If I could fly from Manila to Uk for £428 I might be inclined to pop over from time to time to have a decent pint and pick up a few tins of Heinz beans

Cheapest is not always best, crap airline, long changeover times, if the price for SIA is only around £100 more it's worth paying
    Keith - Administrator

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    Crystal came up with the right price for me but I will just see how the flight goes. Hopefully no hicups. My connecting flights are pretty close to each other so if one is delayed it might spell trouble.
    Hi andy,

Never ever fear about having short transfers. If it's with the same airline or alliance on a single ticket booked through, it should have been booked no less than the minimum transfer time which is often as little as 45 minutes.
    Occasionally the baggage can go astray in these situations, but many airports are geared up for short transfers in terms of luggage, because it costs the airline money if baggage goes astray.

The reality is that if your inbound flight is delayed, most airlines have a system which automatically rebooks you onto the next flight. If the flight is very late, sometimes your greeted as you disembark the aircraft on the jetway by someone with a clipboard who will provide you with your ongoing flight details, otherwise you just goto the transfer desk where they issue you your new tickets. With airlines such as a KLM, you just head to the electronic ticket machines, where with a quick scan of your passport you can obtain your new flight tickets. If the delay is considerably you'll be provided with a food vouchers or a hotel.
    I've had quite a few delays over the years, and have never had to fight for vouchers or change of ticket, its normally been done automatically.

So for me, I never worry about having a short connection, if the flight is on time it should be easy to make the connection, and if not you should be looked after. :-)

Banned
    Interesting slant Ricky. I was always paranoid about not having enough connection time, fearing the worst. And so often went out of my way to get a slightly longer time if possible. I quite like to chill out and relax during the transfer and maybe shop duty free etc comfortably and dont like to sweat if my connection time is shortened for any reason. But then we are all different. My boss always turns up for his flights at the last minute. I just cant do that and always turn up ridiculously early.

Banned

Respected Member
    Interesting slant Ricky. I was always paranoid about not having enough connection time, fearing the worst. And so often went out of my way to get a slightly longer time if possible. I quite like to chill out and relax during the transfer and maybe shop duty free etc comfortably and dont like to sweat if my connection time is shortened for any reason. But then we are all different. My boss always turns up for his flights at the last minute. I just cant do that and always turn up ridiculously early.
    haha I understand. When I'm travelling with work we book business or flexi tickets, so I never worry at all about arriving at the last minute a the airport, because if I miss the flight I can always shift to the next one.
    I tend to arrive about an hour before departure for ones I book on my own. This has been a bit of a problem in Manila a few times though where despite having checked in online and only having hand baggage, you still have to goto the desk which they close fairly early, a bit of gentle persuasion has got me through.

airphils, flights from manila to bohol july, for 2 people return 5400 peso, wish i was there

Same here Lastlid i always arrive at the airport very very early...I just don'y want the worry & panicking if i think we are behind time in getting there.

once my front door is shut i am on holiday so getting to the airport is part of that, no stress so a nice drive there is wanted , so rather be there early then late anytime

Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    Hi andy,

Never ever fear about having short transfers. If it's with the same airline or alliance on a single ticket booked through, it should have been booked no less than the minimum transfer time which is often as little as 45 minutes.
    Occasionally the baggage can go astray in these situations, but many airports are geared up for short transfers in terms of luggage, because it costs the airline money if baggage goes astray.

The reality is that if your inbound flight is delayed, most airlines have a system which automatically rebooks you onto the next flight. If the flight is very late, sometimes your greeted as you disembark the aircraft on the jetway by someone with a clipboard who will provide you with your ongoing flight details, otherwise you just goto the transfer desk where they issue you your new tickets. With airlines such as a KLM, you just head to the electronic ticket machines, where with a quick scan of your passport you can obtain your new flight tickets. If the delay is considerably you'll be provided with a food vouchers or a hotel.
    I've had quite a few delays over the years, and have never had to fight for vouchers or change of ticket, its normally been done automatically.

So for me, I never worry about having a short connection, if the flight is on time it should be easy to make the connection, and if not you should be looked after. :-)
    Thanks for the reassurance Ricky.

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    once my front door is shut i am on holiday so getting to the airport is part of that, no stress so a nice drive there is wanted , so rather be there early then late anytime
    My stress is my wife is meeting me in manila I dont want her waiting for hours on end and we have a hotel booked there for a couple of nights before we fly to her island.

have you thought about getting your wife to track your flight so she knows if its delayed or the time it will land, i have just done that and it was amazing watching the flight just a thought andy

How does she do that steve?

flight checker on the internet chose a site flightaware i used put in the airline and flight number and you have it, ells you all you need to know about that flight try it

Oh thanks steve I will have a look at that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    How does she do that steve?
    KLM have a good flight tracker. It worked well for me when Mrs Lastlid flew here. I was able to text her mom and tell her that her daughter was at that moment halfway across China....

Quite accurate too....tells you if the flight is ahead or behind schedule and ETA.

Thanks mate I wll tell her.

Respected Member
    airphils, flights from manila to bohol july, for 2 people return 5400 peso -thats not very low -have booked many return flights around philippines mnl-boracay etc for as low as 900peso

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information