Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Complicated status & Visa application

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Unhappy Complicated status & Visa application

Hi. I am married but already separated ( but not legally --not legally separated nor annulled). I have 2 kids from that marriage, both under the custody of their father. I met and fell in love with another man with whom I co-habited for 2 years and sealed our union with a son.then he left for work in UK with a tier 2 visa. Now our son is 3. We would want to be together as a family in UK. any chances?

Respected Member
    You may be in a position to apply for an unmarried partner visa, of course if you were able to obtain an annullment from your husband it would make life a lot easier for you.

Take a look at this page on the UK Border Agency website. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...can-you-apply/

Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    You may be in a position to apply for an unmarried partner visa, of course if you were able to obtain an annullment from your husband it would make life a lot easier for you.

Take a look at this page on the UK Border Agency website. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...can-you-apply/
    i dont think so, I think he would need to be a UK citizen or be a permanent resident.

Your unmarried or same-sex partner must be:

currently living and settled in the UK; or
    returning to the UK with you to live here permanently (if you are currently outside the UK).
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Furthermore, recent immigration changes do not allow Tier 2 to become eligible for ILR (settled status) based on time spent in UK. There are now other factors that need to be met (income being just one)

Respected Member
    Sorry, my apologies. I failed to appreciate the status of a Tier 2. Thanks Terpe.

no problems Ricky things are changing alot now
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member
    It does seem to change by the minute Joe, very difficult to keep up with.

Anyway, here is the website that should help you tommygirl. It doesn't go into specifics, but it relates to Dependants of Tier 2 Visa Holders, and includes unmarried partners. I might be a hard process, and could be worth contacting an immigration professional in the UK to guide you properly.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...s/eligibility/

hi thank you so much for the response but am still confused :-( i have actually read and re-read (and re-read and still re-reading) the UK border agency site in the past year.
    i know i wont fall under UNMARRIED PARTNER-as i am not unmarried <sadly> so my man and I no longer wish to pursue that category
    I am finding it hard to get annulled now as my husband threatened to sue me of bigamy if i do file the annulment. i am scared as it is already known that i am having a relationship with another man and have a son with this man.
    this is just so hard for us---especially for our son who was just a baby when my mna left for work in UK.now, our son is 3.
    we have opted to apply for tourist family visit visa--at least we will get 6 months being together everyday--even for just 6 months to give our son time and chance to experience having dad and mom together geographically.
    you think we will get an approval? we have already scheduled our appointment on the 30th of this month and now going through our online application and gathering documents to prove our relationship over the years

Trusted Member
    You are not married to the person sponsoring you (present partner), therefore you are an unmarried partner as far as the application goes. The reason as a couple you are not married (to each other) is immaterial.

That's how I see it anyway.

Respected Member
    Hi.

Just to clarify for you, the unmarried part relates to you and the person in the UK. I'm lead to believe that you can still be married to your original partner when applying for this visa under the following terms

(ii) any previous marriage or civil partnership (or similar relationship) by either partner has permanently broken down
    So as I said, it may be worth speaking to an immigration professional about this.

As for the visit visa, your main task is going to be providing proof that you WILL return to the Philippines after your visit to the UK. This is going to be a challenge when your partner, the father of the children, is resident in the UK. You'll have to provide evidence such as your ongoing employment, a letter from your childrens school showing they are in schooling, commitments in the Philippines financial or otherwise (mortgages, property, business, dependant family). In addition, you'll need to show you have sufficient funds.

thanks for the info ricky.whew! definitely not an easy process :-( my son is just 3 so no school yet, i am not employed and no other commitments except for my 2 kids from the said marriage but they both live with their father.....sigh :-( thank you so much though for the link..

Respected Member
    I would think that with the right evidence, there is every chance you and your 3 year old son could obtain the the Tier 2 Dependant Visa for Unmarried Couples. Three years far exceeds the two year minimum requirement, and since you are dependant on your partner in England, you could probably prove that not only for a better family life, but financially you'd be better of all together, two sets of household bills becomes one!

I cannnot help with the legalities, Tommygirl ... but - as you've already seen - we are blessed with a number of very knowledgeable people here who will do their utmost to point you in the right direction. to the friendly filipino/uk forum, and stay tuned for further guidance.

10 more days and my son and i will lodge our Family visit visa application ..:

Quote Originally Posted by tommygirl View Post
    10 more days and my son and i will lodge our Family visit visa application ..:
    ... wishing you all the very best with it.

Respected Member
    I wish you all the very best with your application, however, one point and I don't wish to appear pessimistic, but unless you have sufficient proof to show that you have strong ties to the Philippines that are stronger then you staying in the UK with your husband after your visa expires then you will not be issued a family visit visa. If you have the evidence such as property, a job to return to and commitments, then you should be fine. As I said earlier though, you can of course apply for the Tier 2 Unmarried Dependant visa and live happily ever after :-)

Who signs my 3yeR old sons application form? Me?

Hi you do not need to be married with your partner to launch unmarried partner i am into unmarried category i applied our papers last Feb 7 ,2012 and got our visa April second week. What yuo need is gather all the evidencr that you and your partner has been living together in one roof for the last 2 years, is means bills if yuo have joint account, rents, electric bills, anying that will proove that yio have been living together photos submit from day one, but i suggest it is verry very important that yuo can establish the fist email, exy, letter on yuor fist date, and also the day yuo bean living together, i am annuled but my spause has just been seperated i got 2 kids age 15 and 17 we all got the visa it helped. A lot that my kids before loves to write letter to my partner, being grateful and anking him with evertyhi g tbat he has done for us this is very very important

Skype me vilma.monk any one who wants to know a little bit more of how to apply unmarried partner...maybe i can help

Oo diba

Lastly, i am a living proof on how GOD WORKS in one's life.. I was homeless, lost my kids before, penniless sold my soul just to be able to survive but do not fret..never lose hope.. Give yuor whole heart and soul to Christ, for our Heavenly Father
    Hears every prayer Give yuor life to Jesus... We cant just do it by our selves He will give you the best according to His plann and His time trust Him thats what i did and now i am enjoying everying through His most wonderful blessings but this life is not permanent, what is more important in this life is to be obedient in Him, and with Him someday He will give us eternal life..God Bless us all Lord Jesus Loves us all very very much He gived His life to us let us give him all the love and praise
    Last edited by Stevi; 28th April 2012 at 11:04. Reason: Mistake

OH MY GOSH! I JUST GOT AN EMAIL SAYING : your visa will be dispatched shortly. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN????????

it means your on your way girl well done

Whoa!!!!!!!! And this forum has helped me soooo much :-) won't celebrate yet but been jumping already :-) will wait till I get the visa in my hands!!! Weeeee

Wow,,!!!Tommygirl Congratulations!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tommygirl View Post
    OH MY GOSH! I JUST GOT AN EMAIL SAYING : your visa will be dispatched shortly. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN????????
    It means that your visa will be dispatched soon.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy don't wanna get my hopes so high but hey! I am allowing myself some moments of jubilation Hahahaha whew! But of course I have to remind myself it's not yet bread until it's baked and hot I'll keep you all posted when I do get my parcel :-)))))

Trusted Member

Yes, soon you'll be joining all the other happy and cheerful little Filipinas in this miserable country of ours. ...thank god.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    in this miserable country of ours. ...thank god.
    speak for yourself Graham, its not so bad here in Manchester

Trusted Member
    Bah humbug....sold out to the arabs mate !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information