Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hello there..

hello there..

hi everyone, i hope u have a good day!

Im Kimmi, 25 yrs. old and a filipina..I was searching on the net on ways on how I can get a successful fiancee visa in UK and then i found this site..I am glad that I logged in and i do enjoyed reading threads here and of course I do hope that soon I'll be the one posting a successful fiancee visa too..This is really a great site!

Btw, here's my story..Ive met my bf on the net last March 17, 2007 and from then we chatted almost everyday using the yahoo messenger..and talked sometimes using the phone connected to the ym..
    We also applied for a visit visa last May 2007 so I can go and visit Scotland for a holiday and since we havent meet yet we cannot apply for a fiancee visa right away and unfortunately my application was denied..We were really upset that time so we tried to look for another ways for me to be there..
    When we look at the UKVACS requirements for the fiancee visa it says there that we need to meet personally, so he needs to come here in the Philippines since I was denied for a visit visa.

He will come here in August 6, for a 10day holidays..and we already booked at the hotels and planned what we're going to do..but still we dont have enough idea yet on what we need to prepare for my applicaton..

The questions we have in mind is these:

1. He will be here for 10days by next month, will it be enough to show as an evidence that we meet personally?
    2. About the evidence of being together, like the pictures, does he really need to have pictures with my family members and with our engagement?
    3. What is better, to marry here in the Philippines or in the Uk for secure aproval of my visa?considering the fact that he can only stay here for almost 8days and the processing for the civil wedding is almost two to three weeks because of the marriage license..
    4. Will it affect my application for a fiancee visa because I have been denied for a visit visa before?
    5. Is it ok if I apply for the fiancee visa let's say by September 2007 after we meet?and our relationship is only 6 months by then..is there any time frame a relationship should be before aplying for a visa?

These questions really makes us worry and since I do not have anybody here to ask about that..
    I really need ur help in enlightening me and my fiance with this matters..

Anyways, Thank u to everybody who made this site possible..A big applause..It really made filipino - british relationship easier..Thanks and more power!

Desperate,
    Kimmi

london well away from those people up norf
    Welcome Kimmi

1 There is no set amount of times you have to have met or a certain amount of days. But the more the merrier but people on here have only physically met for one holiday in the past and been sucessful so no reason you both cant.

2 Again they need to see picures of you together unless you happen to party with the uk ambassdor to the phillpines and use him as a witness.
    Ones with families and friends are just iceing on the cake. But the only way they can say yes they have met is with pictures of you both together. So the bare minimum is pictures of you both together.

3 A finace visa is where you get permission to fly to uk and marry within six months, a spouse visa is where your both already married so you would be applying for thr former.

4 Shouldn't be a problem it has happened to others and they have been ok.

5 its a short amount of time and it maybe worth slowling down a little (you may need to sort all the paperworks out which may take longer than you expect).

Sorry for the quick reply im sure others will give more details on particular questions that they have more experience on than me.

Spend lots of time reading this site and petes site which ahs a link in the top right hand corner of the main page.

Good luck and hope you both together soon.

Quote Originally Posted by kimmi View Post

We also applied for a visit visa last May 2007 so I can go and visit Scotland for a holiday
    Is he a scottish??

which part in scotland?
    Scot ===>

"The world is all about diversity. I am different and you are different."

Hi scots...long time no contact :-) mis yah!nag work na u?
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

Don't go via Glasgow
    Keith - Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Don't go via Glasgow
    ooopsss sowi boss

Boom Boom
    Keith - Administrator

hi Andypaul,

thanks for the very informative reply..it really enlightens me, I will let my bf read all ur replies..thank u very much..

Don't go via Glasgow
    hi Winwin,

dont worry I will not go via Glasgow, thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by scotsfiancee View Post
    Is he a scottish??

which part in scotland?

hello scotsfiancee,

yes he is scottish..he lives in Argyll and Bute..
    what about urs?is he also live in Scotland?

hello scotsfiancee,

yes he is scottish..he lives in Argyll and Bute..

He lives on island , takes 5hrs from glasgow
    Scot ===>

You mean he was deported
    Keith - Administrator

You mean he was deported

is there something wrong living on an island?will it make any difference?

You mean he was deported
    does living on an island in Scotland means ur deported?sorry coz ive not been there..

does living on an island in Scotland means ur deported?sorry coz ive not been there..
    Hi Kimmi,
    Argyle & Bute is a region of Scotland and it's quite a big region, where in Argyle and Bute does he live? Anyway if he had been deported he would have been sent to England.
    Iain.

Some thoughts

Im Kimmi, 25 yrs. old and a filipina..I was searching on the net on ways on how I can get a successful fiancee visa in UK and then i found this site..I am glad that I logged in and i do enjoyed reading threads here and of course I do hope that soon I'll be the one posting a successful fiancee visa too..This is really a great site!

Btw, here's my story..Ive met my bf on the net last March 17, 2007 and from then we chatted almost everyday using the yahoo messenger..and talked sometimes using the phone connected to the ym..
    We also applied for a visit visa last May 2007 so I can go and visit Scotland for a holiday and since we havent meet yet we cannot apply for a fiancee visa right away and unfortunately my application was denied..We were really upset that time so we tried to look for another ways for me to be there..
    When we look at the UKVACS requirements for the fiancee visa it says there that we need to meet personally, so he needs to come here in the Philippines since I was denied for a visit visa.

He will come here in August 6, for a 10day holidays..and we already booked at the hotels and planned what we're going to do..but still we dont have enough idea yet on what we need to prepare for my applicaton..

The questions we have in mind is these:

1. He will be here for 10days by next month, will it be enough to show as an evidence that we meet personally?
    2. About the evidence of being together, like the pictures, does he really need to have pictures with my family members and with our engagement?
    3. What is better, to marry here in the Philippines or in the Uk for secure aproval of my visa?considering the fact that he can only stay here for almost 8days and the processing for the civil wedding is almost two to three weeks because of the marriage license..
    4. Will it affect my application for a fiancee visa because I have been denied for a visit visa before?
    5. Is it ok if I apply for the fiancee visa let's say by September 2007 after we meet?and our relationship is only 6 months by then..is there any time frame a relationship should be before aplying for a visa?

These questions really makes us worry and since I do not have anybody here to ask about that..
    I really need ur help in enlightening me and my fiance with this matters..

Anyways, Thank u to everybody who made this site possible..A big applause..It really made filipino - british relationship easier..Thanks and more power!

Desperate,
    Kimmi
    Hello Kimmi,

Thanks I'm having a good day. Hope you are too.

Just a few extra quick comments regarding your original questions. I've just got my Fiancee visa for my indended, so here is what I discovered.

We too tried the "visit visa" route. Forget it, it will never work. Go for the Fiancee visa.

I would say probably yes. I had made two visits to the Philipinnes when I applied, one of 18 days and one of 14 days and that was enough.

Definately as many pictures of you two together as you can get. If you have any other pictures with your family etc then include them also. I would say the more the better.

But you also need to prove you are having a relationship. YM is great, but it's free, but unless you are logging all the sessions, then you have no record that they happened to show to the Embassy. The usual kinds of evidence they ask for is minimum 3 months phone records and letters showing correspondence between you both.

If he is only there for 10 days then I don't think you could get the formalities done in that time to marry in Phili, so looks like a UK wedding to me.

No, it should be fine. We ended up having 2 failed visa visa applications before we discovered this site, and we still managed to get our fiancee visa on our first attempt without any trouble. Didn't even need an interview.

Don't think there is any set time limit. Just whenever you think you are ready.

Good luck and hope you get your visa soon

regards
    Brian

Don't go via Glasgow

The nearest airport is either Edinburgh or Glasgow. Or via Manc airport

is there something wrong living on an island?will it make any difference?
    YES, no big shopping malls

So if you really want to do a nice shopping you have to go to Glasgow

Im sure you will like his town, as SCOTLAND is the best place in UK

Scot ===>

hi just like to say slow down have a good think on what your doing you not know him well yet or he know you well do you know anyone in the uk y you in a rush to come to the uk for best for you is get to know him better and start wrighing letter has well this what the embssy look for if he working he can get 4 week holaday to marry you in the philppines and ealy next year you be ok cos your have all you need to get visa it be hard for you to get on now cos to many paper work to do good luck any way

Hi Kimmi,

Kumusta? Which part of Phils. did u live? I just wanna share to you about my experienced. I met my fianc'e in person last year we stayed together 2 weeks. We took photos me and him,friends and my family. We had a sweet memories during his visit in Philippines...

Anyway, he kept hotel bills, plane tickets, phone bills and some expenses reciepts. We saved also our post letters, chat conversations and emails. I used an AGENCY during my fiancee visa application..I recieved my fiancee visa { after just 6 weeks. } without interviewed na.

Now, I live with my fianc'e and we are both happy.. Our wedding will be this coming 2nd week of July.

Kimmi, I agree of BrianK his right GO FOR FIANCEE VISA.

Quote Originally Posted by aug06_2006 View Post
    Hi Kimmi,

Kumusta? Which part of Phils. did u live? I just wanna share to you about my experienced. I met my fianc'e in person last year we stayed together 2 weeks. We took photos me and him,friends and my family. We had a sweet memories during his visit in Philippines...

Anyway, he kept hotel bills, plane tickets, phone bills and some expenses reciepts. We saved also our post letters, chat conversations and emails. I used an AGENCY during my fiancee visa application..I recieved my fiancee visa { after just 6 weeks. } without interviewed na.

Now, I live with my fianc'e and we are both happy.. Our wedding will be this coming 2nd week of July.

hello aug06_2006,
    thanks for ur reply and also for enlightening me..
    Im living in Novaliches and u?on ur reply u said there ur fiance stayed here for 2 weeks, is that he's only visit here in the Philippines?how many months after u applied for a fiancee visa?and u think the agency that u got really helps?coz were also thinking getting an agent,would u mind recommending urs?and how much does it cost u?sorry for having lots of question coz I dont want to be denied again this time..
    Btw,Congrats on ur wedding!Cheers!

Hi Kimmi,

Hi there!
    Just asking, when did you submit your application? I submitted mine on the 10th of May but till now , no result yet.
    Im really worried why mine is late compared to yours and some others here in the forum

Quote Originally Posted by briank View Post
    Hello Kimmi,

Thanks I'm having a good day. Hope you are too.

Just a few extra quick comments regarding your original questions. I've just got my Fiancee visa for my indended, so here is what I discovered.

We too tried the "visit visa" route. Forget it, it will never work. Go for the Fiancee visa.

I would say probably yes. I had made two visits to the Philipinnes when I applied, one of 18 days and one of 14 days and that was enough.

Definately as many pictures of you two together as you can get. If you have any other pictures with your family etc then include them also. I would say the more the better.

But you also need to prove you are having a relationship. YM is great, but it's free, but unless you are logging all the sessions, then you have no record that they happened to show to the Embassy. The usual kinds of evidence they ask for is minimum 3 months phone records and letters showing correspondence between you both.

If he is only there for 10 days then I don't think you could get the formalities done in that time to marry in Phili, so looks like a UK wedding to me.

No, it should be fine. We ended up having 2 failed visa visa applications before we discovered this site, and we still managed to get our fiancee visa on our first attempt without any trouble. Didn't even need an interview.

Don't think there is any set time limit. Just whenever you think you are ready.

Good luck and hope you get your visa soon

regards
    Brian
    hi Brian,

thanks for ur reply about my queries it do really helps me and my fiance a lot..I am really disappointed when i've learned that I am refused for a visit visa, so that we decided that he should come here but because of his work he can only stay for 10days..and we're worried if he's stay will be enough for me to apply for a fiancee visa..re some of the documents since i already have all the requirements needed from him because ive already applied visit visa before and we only need to prepare my documents and of course the evidence that we've meet already..
    thanks.

Hi Kimmi!
    Did u mean you got engaged already without meeting him yet personally? or accept his marriage proposal thru internet after chatting with him for at least 3 months? i don't mean to be negative but i think it's better to meet him in person first. u can see some of his attitudes that u don't know thru chat like the way he react to things, etc... marriage is a very serious thing so it's better to know him better first. anyway sometimes love happens like a roller coaster so if you're already sure & when u apply for fiancee visa, i think it's better to state in the application form that you got engaged after he visited you. If he was really sincere, he should be the one who suggested to visit you and not you visiting him first. you know, filipina values....it's just a piece of advice & it's up to you. Good luck!

Hello Kimmi,
    Have a good evening there..I just seen u are online here now. Can u add me to your ym? Lets chat! aug06_2006

Hi ebony,
    I submitted my application last March 22...and then I got my visa May 03.
    I understand u why u worried.. be patience!

Good luck

Be patient

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    Hi there!
    Just asking, when did you submit your application? I submitted mine on the 10th of May but till now , no result yet.
    Im really worried why mine is late compared to yours and some others here in the forum
    We submitted our application direct to UKVACS in Manilla and it still took 11 weeks to process, so just be patient.

Brian

Newbie (Restricted Access) seejaa's Avatar
    I now live in Scotland Strachur, Argyll & Bute

Smile

Strachur near Dunoon Actually and I moved here 7 yeaRS AGO AND LOVE IT

Hello Kimmi,
    Have a good evening there..I just seen u are online here now. Can u add me to your ym? Lets chat! aug06_2006
    hello aug06_2006,

ive just added u in ym, sorry coz i opened the forum just now..looking forward in chatting with u..
    ur visa processing is really too fast, i hope when i file mine too it will be like that..

hi KIMMI!!!

well as for my situation...i got tourist(vacation)visa easily..i waited for 18 days the had it..basta lang complete lahat ng requirements,that would be fine.

am here now in Scotland for 6 days already...so will be here until december
    coz for 6 months only.dunno what makes me enjoy here heheh but as long am with the man i love will be ok..but got fed up everytime he went a nightshift work.
    kaya thankful i found this site..least can talk sometimes sa mga kababayan ko

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information