Thread: Cheltenham Indian restaurant Shezan - two staff deported

Cheltenham Indian restaurant Shezan - two staff deported

no surprise there, i wonder what % of Illegal immigrants are from India or Pakistan ?

TWO members of staff from an Indian restaurant in Cheltenham have been deported for immigration offences.

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co....ail/story.html
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    I always hope that the customers stop using these rogue businesses. Luckily for me I don't eat curry

May must have been served by a few Illegals on her numerous visits to curry houses or maybe shes been working under cover
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    May must have been served by a few Illegals on her numerous visits to curry houses:
    Exactly my thoughts as I walk past a couple of these locally

Banned
    Maybe, when we sit down for our curry, we should ask to see the waiters visa before we order?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    Maybe, when we sit down for our curry, we should ask to see the waiters visa before we order?
    If you have concerns about the legality of the workers just like the hand car wash rackets you shouldn't favour them with your trade On the subject of these car washes it never ceases to amaze me that folks are prepared to put their expensive motors in the hands of some uninsured goon who's just jumped off the back of a lorry.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    If you have concerns about the legality of the workers just like the hand car wash rackets you shouldn't favour them with your trade On the subject of these car washes it never ceases to amaze me that folks are prepared to put their expensive motors in the hands of some uninsured goon who's just jumped off the back of a lorry.
    The problem is that at any Indian restaurant, there is no way of knowing if the folk that work there are legal or not. Does that mean that one shouldn't go to any Indian restaurant? Its so difficult to be discerning.....

Trusted Member
    Probably company cars Dedworth....quite agree though, wouldn't let ANYBODY touch my car's bodywork.
    Christ it's only 10 minutes quick work for me anyway. Certainly not parting with 6 quid for that.

The curry houses have of course been seeking immigration dispensations for years to bring more 'workers' in.
    Perhaps they could train up a few people from the millions here already.

Obviously will never affect me, as I NEVER eat out in this country except from my sandwich box. Spares me from food poisoning and emptying my wallet on something that's probably been walked over by rats.

The agency's immigration inspector, Matthew Gregory, said: "People who decide to flout immigration law should be in no doubt that we will find them and look to remove them from the country".
    Is that so, Mr Gregory? Well ... we are aware of one case where NO [apparent] EFFORT has been made to track down - let alone FIND - the *offender concerned.

"We want the public to get in touch with us if they have any information about suspected illegal immigrants or the businesses employing them".
    *This person married one of our members under false pretences and has been reported several times by her ex-husband ... yet - to the best of his knowledge - no action has been taken by UKBA.

"We are sending a simple, clear message to people who are in the country illegally – more raids are planned and you will be caught."
    Hmm ... ... SHE obviously hasn't!

This sounds like my ex,
    if so the UKBA last said to me, it is now nothing to do with me
    Which leaves me wondering why they did nothing
    Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by mickcant View Post
    This sounds like my ex,
    ... how did you guess?

if so the UKBA last said to me, it is now nothing to do with me
    , Mick ... you should be the first to be informed about what's happening (if, indeed, ANYTHING!).

Which leaves me wondering why they did nothing
    Mick.
    PRECISELY!

£10,000 fine per illegal employee seems about right to me. But as far as I'm concerned they knew they were illegal and therefore should be closed down until they cough up the £40,000. The employers are as bad as the illegals in my book because the greedy are deliberately employing them because of the low wages they have to pay out. No excuses cough up £40,000 or close them down.

maybe its time employers by law have to do a yearly check on employees to see if they have the right to work in the UK. £10k fine is not much of a deterrent if you know you have little chance of being caught and the money you saved over the years by paying illegal immigrants pennies in hand.
    maybe if your caught employing 2 or more illegal immigrants the fine and a short prison sentence might make people think twice.

look at what you can get for copying or distributing a dvd, makes the POSSIBLE £10k look petty.

"The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this copyrighted work is illegal. Criminal copyright infringement is investigated by federal law enforcement agencies and is punishable by up to 5 years in prison and a fine of $250,000."

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/News...x?NewsId=33282

maybe its time employers by law have to do a yearly check on employees to see if they have the right to work in the UK. £10k fine is not much of a deterrent if you know you have little chance of being caught and the money you saved over the years by paying illegal immigrants pennies in hand.
    maybe if your caught employing 2 or more illegal immigrants the fine and a short prison sentence might make people think twice.
    Don't disagree with that Joe. Putting the onus on the employers to make sure all their employees are legal can only be a good thing and gives them no get out if their caught

Banned
    Very few ever pay £10k fines see my thread here and open the UKBA letter attachment

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....ighlight=fines

I agree with Joe jail the employers but not short sentences - 3 years minimum

Trusted Member
    Without penalties being rigorously enforced these laws are a joke....at our expense.

Thread Information