Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sending a package to the Philippines?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by quickwillow View Post
    6 weeks ago I used DHL and made a mistake of using an agent for my convenience. The 5kg package did arrive in Mindanao and all was well. The tracking is not up to date after it got to Manila. It took 24 hrs to get to Manila it took another 5 day to get to Mindanao. When I tried to contact DHL because there had been no movement for 3 days they said they couldn't help me and to contact the agent as i was not the sender. As for the live tracking , it was updated 2 day after my wife had received it, she also had to pay tax she thinks of 600 peso for documents of no real value
    I think they've led you up the garden path - DHL you have a unique consignment number and DHL's part of the deal is to provide the delivery and tracking part. I'd demand a refund from the reseller (it was they who accepted your ££'s) and ask for some clarification from DHL

Trusted Member
    5 days to Mindanao ?

Not too bad. You can only make a Carabao move so fast.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Anybody knows a company that send a balikbayan box fron caernarfon, gwynedd?

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeplesinwales View Post
    I always reccommend LBC, because they get my stuff there. But there are other companies.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by quickwillow View Post
    6 weeks ago I used DHL and made a mistake of using an agent for my convenience. The 5kg package did arrive in Mindanao and all was well. The tracking is not up to date after it got to Manila. It took 24 hrs to get to Manila it took another 5 day to get to Mindanao. When I tried to contact DHL because there had been no movement for 3 days they said they couldn't help me and to contact the agent as i was not the sender. As for the live tracking , it was updated 2 day after my wife had received it, she also had to pay tax she thinks of 600 peso for documents of no real value
    I had what appears to be a similar problem as our documents were sent to my wife via a 3rd party. Unbeknown to me ( and my wife ) my wife uses the wrong zip code for her address in Cavite. Once I realised I called TNT, our courier and I too met with complications and was quoted the Data Protection Act on what was my own information - how absurd! Thankfully, to a greater degree TNT saw sense and I got the ZIP code changed and all was well.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeplesinwales View Post
    LBC just call their number and they will schedule you for delivery & pickup of the box..I used them to send a balikbayan box myself.

UNITED KINGDOM
    UK Branch: Unit 9 Victoria Industrial Estate, Victoria Road, North Acton, London W# 6UU
    Customer Service Hotline: 020-31102522
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

I want to send a 5kg package to the Phils but I'm not paying £75. That's twice as much as the value of the contents.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information