Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
Sorry your girlfriend's visit visa wasn't granted, Ben. Basically, the British authorities seem to have developed a mistrust of people from non-European nations wishing to holiday in the UK - *for fear they won't return to their own country within the visa's validity period. And, to be fair to our government, *with some justification, because - as Graham points out - the system was frequently being abused in the past.

So ... the "powers that be" needed to be 100% certain that Jen was ... well ... ... genuine (if you'll excuse the pun). That's no reflection on her as a person I hasten to add - MOST applicants for short-term tourist visas these days ARE, sadly, refused.

... and enjoy being part of our friendly, online filipino/uk community.
Thanks Arthur, yeh i understand in the past the system has been abused... but its still a very bad one! anyway just i can only hope we can get the descion overturned....or if it comes to it it re-apply and if thats the case look like im going to phil again thank you for the welcome and help always good to talk to like minded people!

ben and jen