Thread: Spouse visa how long?

Spouse visa how long?

Hi guys!
    I just want to ask how long did it take for you to have your spouse visa? I recently applied last May 16 and have not heard anything since then, except to tell me that my visa application is being processed. I think I am getting impatient. Haha! I know I just applied! I can't help it.

Banned
    I can vary a lot. It can take up to 3 months. But when we applied in September last year it took us 2 weeks and for some people it took just a few days. Recently some people seem to have waited a couple of months. So expect anything really. There is no way of guessing.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...ultTableAnchor

Go to this link. Select Philippines from the list of countries. It gives you the processing times for Settlement visas in April 2012. note that they specify working days so you have to add 2 weekend days to backcalculate weeks. Most (97%) were dealt with in 60 days ( 12 full weeks )

Oh my! I sure hope it will not take me 2 months! I want to experience summer in the UK. the last time I was there it was winter. Bitterly cold for me. I also miss my husband too!

Banned
    http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....ted?highlight=

It took Juveyjones 5 weeks recently. Have a search through for some recent examples.

This one took 7 weeks...back in february.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....t=vISA+GRANTED

Hello, Paully! Mine took 20 days-March last year.

Respected Member myliitlehaven07's Avatar
    i submitted mine may 4 and still nothing :((

i just applied yesterday and the lady says it will take upto 6months waiting but hopefully it will be quicker if you been in the uk recently or in the past years as they got new system and you have to pay for the fast track service unlike before that if you been in england already its automatically goes to fast track service...so fingers crossed guys hoping for a good result

Quote Originally Posted by ghen View Post
    i just applied yesterday and the lady says it will take upto 6months waiting but hopefully it will be quicker if you been in the uk recently or in the past years as they got new system and you have to pay for the fast track service unlike before that if you been in england already its automatically goes to fast track service...so fingers crossed guys hoping for a good result

6 MONTHS? are you sure of that? then why not update their website? i dont think it will take that long and I REALLY HOPE NOT

i hope its not true aswell as the lady on the desk has told me....regarding on their website update i asked her the same question and more than that...

i was there yesterday and i got the old application paper as we printed it early so we can check whats the questions and things there so we asked it in here in the forum...good thing a lady saw my application and told me that its not the form they are using now so i asked the desk why this thing are not on their website and i have to apply online and its not on their website uk embassy manila and VFS Global... she told me that they still "updating the system" what?????? i told her i applied before and been granted a visitor visa using that website and now i need to go the other website which is visa4uk.fco.gov.uk to apply online..almost a disaster day for me thanks for the ladies behind me i was able to go to a computer shop and applied online and printed it i was gutted but i cant show my real anger to them coz it might affects my application...

hopefully shes just assuming it will be for 6months processing

i hope its not true aswell as the lady on the desk has told me....regarding on their website update i asked her the same question and more than that...

i was there yesterday and i got the old application paper as we printed it early so we can check whats the questions and things there so we asked it in here in the forum...good thing a lady saw my application and told me that its not the form they are using now so i asked the desk why this thing are not on their website and i have to apply online and its not on their website uk embassy manila and VFS Global... she told me that they still "updating the system" what?????? i told her i applied before and been granted a visitor visa using that website and now i need to go the other website which is visa4uk.fco.gov.uk to apply online..almost a disaster day for me thanks for the ladies behind me i was able to go to a computer shop and applied online and printed it i was gutted but i cant show my real anger to them coz it might affects my application...

hopefully shes just assuming it will be for 6months processing

they will be FACING a LARGE AMOUNT OF COMPLAINTS if they do the processing for 6 months i think the system you are talking about is their system for APPLICATION not for the PROCESSING whatever that will come NEW is the AMOUNT OF SALARY for sponsors

mylittlehaven07 can you post something about the new amount of salary required for sponsor? im a little confused with that

pls. put some input

tia

Banned
    mylittlehaven07 can you post something about the new amount of salary required for sponsor? im a little confused with that

pls. put some input

tia
    We should all know in just a few days. Damian Green is about to reveal all on or before 6th June.

thanks lastlid for answering that for me

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    We should all know in just a few days. Damian Green is about to reveal all on or before 6th June.
    not sure it is the 6th, but sometime this month and i believe they have to give at least 21 days notice of any changes..
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Oh my gosh! I hope it will not take 6 months! How do you pay for the fast track?

Quote Originally Posted by Paully View Post
    Oh my gosh! I hope it will not take 6 months! How do you pay for the fast track?
    you pay it at the desk when u submit your papers....its P4000 i think

Quote Originally Posted by myliitlehaven07 View Post
    they will be FACING a LARGE AMOUNT OF COMPLAINTS if they do the processing for 6 months i think the system you are talking about is their system for APPLICATION not for the PROCESSING whatever that will come NEW is the AMOUNT OF SALARY for sponsors
    they have targets to meet, and anything over 3 months will be of concern and lots of complaints from those who are waiting

most visa's will not take 3 months, could be anything from a few days to less than 3 months.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by Paully View Post
    It will not take 6 months
    Some folks have waited up to 8 weeks though

There is no fast track or priority service for settlement visa

Here is the UKBA Guide to visa processing times

you pay it at the desk when u submit your papers....its P4000 i think
    No ghen, I think you may have misunderstood that.

Here is the UKBA webpage for Additional services in the Philippines

The Priority visa service is described and does not apply to settlement visa applications

thanks so much terpe for the explanation...maybe i just misunderstood the lady but she was offering me to pay 4000 pesos for the fast track that could be a disaster if i paid...

thanks for the explanation guys really appreciate it and now all i need to do is wait

Banned

pls. put some input

tia
    See the below thread. Letter to Sheldon.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....or-immigration

Damian Green has been looking at sums between £18600 and £25700 for family route sponsors income...if it is implemented.

"Mr Green also told the BBC that he was proposing to set a minimum income level for any sponsor seeking to bring in a foreign spouse – and said the recommended level from MAC (Migration Advisory Committee) was between £18,600 and £25,700."

http://www.immigrationmatters.co.uk/...-minister.html

Thread Information