Thread: settlement interview cancelled by british embassy

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    hi all,

just wandering,because the appointment of my fiancee has been cancelled by british embassy lastweek.supposed to be she has inteview this 20th of sept.they told her just send all your documents with original via CAVA.has been collected today.according to them there is NO MORE PERSONAL INTERVIEW and they been implemented this new rules last thursday,my fiancee had a phone call last saturday.DO YOU KNOW WHY?ITS UNSUAL FOR ME.

REGARDS
    DAVE

Respected Member
    Originally posted by dave@Sep 7 2005, 06:37 PM
    hi all,

just wandering,because the appointment of my fiancee has been cancelled by british embassy lastweek.supposed to be she has inteview this 20th of sept.they told her just send all your documents with original via CAVA.has been collected today.according to them there is NO MORE PERSONAL INTERVIEW and they been implemented this new rules last thursday,my fiancee had a phone call last saturday.DO YOU KNOW WHY?ITS UNSUAL FOR ME.

REGARDS
    DAVE
    My wife spoke to them Monday, and they told her the usual: call up, arrange appointment to give documents and application in. Waiting time approx 13 weeks. So, unless some of them don't know what's happening? But no, that would never happen in the British Embassy, Manila, would it? :( :wacko: :wacko:

Originally posted by Pauldo@Sep 7 2005, 06:12 PM
    My wife spoke to them Monday, and they told her the usual: call up, arrange appointment to give documents and application in. Waiting time approx 13 weeks. So, unless some of them don't know what's happening? But no, that would never happen in the British Embassy, Manila, would it? :( :wacko: :wacko:

she did phone the british embassy last june and then they gave her an appoinment supposed to be 20th of this month.last saturday they phoned and told her aboutd that,thats why i surprised,but she did double check it and the same answer...well

in america they dont have personal interview the applicants just post their documents to embassy without interview,i think its about the same processing with my fiancee,im a filipino setteld in uk not a british.

thats why i was surprised!

Banned
    Originally posted by dave@Sep 7 2005, 07:38 PM
    in america they dont have personal interview the applicants just post their documents to embassy without interview,i think its about the same processing with my fiancee,im a filipino setteld in uk not a british.
    To be honest, I've checked the Embassy website, and theres no mention of any changes from last year. They should at least have the decency to post any changes on the site..how are we supposed to know?!

I would email them for clarification, its uk@info.com.ph .

Hope this helps.

Administrator
    Originally posted by dave@Sep 7 2005, 06:38 PM
    You have to have 3 face to face interviews at the US Embassy, and a full medical, our friend has just been through the process.
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

Free Asian dating & forum - www.filipinouk.co.uk
    Subscription dating, 1000's of members - www.asiansingle4u.com
    Professional gambling & forum - www.win2win.co.uk
    Betting bot reviews - www.exchangebots.com
    Professional poker & forum - www.win2winpoker.co.uk
    Astronomy forum - www.astronomy-forum.co.uk
    Company site - www.win2win-limited.co.uk

Originally posted by admin@Sep 8 2005, 08:42 AM
    You have to have 3 face to face interviews at the US Embassy, and a full medical, our friend has just been through the process.
    I think the British Embassy makes a distinction between a dependant wife and other dependents (eg Ma in law). A wife MAY be allowed through without an interview - but I think most other dependents will still need one.

Administrator
    Nope, she married a US guy out in Asia, and had to go through 3 months of interviews & waiting, but at least they treated her as a human.
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

Free Asian dating & forum - www.filipinouk.co.uk
    Subscription dating, 1000's of members - www.asiansingle4u.com
    Professional gambling & forum - www.win2win.co.uk
    Betting bot reviews - www.exchangebots.com
    Professional poker & forum - www.win2winpoker.co.uk
    Astronomy forum - www.astronomy-forum.co.uk
    Company site - www.win2win-limited.co.uk

Originally posted by admin@Sep 8 2005, 08:42 AM

i mean from america to uk.not manila to america as a fiancee or wife.if you want to see it go to UK YANKEE.COM WEB SITE.and click the forum then immigration and citizenship,anyway nevermind let see how it goes.

Thread Information