A week and a half ago, after 4 long years, my partner and I got engaged (wheeee!!)! But since then, I've become so frustrated and stressed out with all the advice I've received about wedding preparations and my relatives insisting we have to get married at so-and-so place because it's more convenient for whatsisname, and it has to be much sooner rather than later because "your lolo's running out of time", and we have to invite everyone from this side of the family but it's okay if none of my other parent's family attends *hint hint*. The well-meaning interference is mind-blowingly stifling! Add the conflicting information I got from different churches about the Canonical interview & Pre-Cana seminar, and the caterer who agreed to a food-tasting scheduled for today but stopped replying to my messages, and you've got a newly engaged woman ready to break down!

Today was the first day I sat down and thought about the legal side of things. Boy, am I confused! For some reason, my computer is currently unable to load any pages from the UK Home Office and I have no idea what forms/documents/requirements we'll need to get married and to have me move to the UK (yeah, I know I said a few years ago that I wanted M to move here, but after his last visit, he put his foot down and I'm moving instead).

So anyway, does anyone have any advice on the Canonical interview and church requirements? How long exactly before the wedding do we need to do this? Does the church need anything from the UK or the embassy to get this done? Can we just elope and get away with it (I have enough cash to get us both to Vegas)?