Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT READ THIS 'Statement of intent: Family migration'

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Okay, just quoting this again..I just checked the cost of taking an IELTS again..it's £156!!!

I hope I won't have to retake the test if I already got a B1 and above rating in my previous applications...
    people are a bit luckier these days, years ago, if you failed or didn't get the marks you needed in IELTS you had to wait 3 months, yes 3 months b4 you could take the test again and my misses would find all the dates after the 3 months wait were full so you had to wait another month or 2, (so if you didn't get the grade you needed you could be waiting a long 5 months b4 you could take it again - unbelievable ) that's one of the reasons it took my wife more than 5 long years to get registered as a doc

it wasn't long ago they scrapped the 3 month wait
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

i know the most important word in the language - PERA
    or kwarta..datung maski peso ok lang
    A place for everything, everything in its place.

oh no:( but i assume my application for ILR the 23RD of April this year is not affected i hope

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moy View Post
    oh no:( but i assume my application for ILR the 23RD of May this year is not affected i hope
    No need to worry Moy, it's not affected..they're just taking soooooooooo long to process it!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Trusted Member
    No it won't be affected....as long as they've acknowledged receipt of it before July 9th, is the way I read it.

Settlement requirements (ILR) - After 24 months (2 years) probationary period

- Integration requirement (B1 level, Life in UK Test. (or below B1 level ESOL course)

- Test of relationship - subsisting requirement

- Good character, no unspent convictions

- Adequate maintenance (Income Support level for a family of that size) and accommodation

So really no changes apart from the addition of B1 level for English
    I am very confuse now...B1 LEVEL for english?? aside from the life in the UK LIFE TEST is this applied when and if the ILR be approve..i know it says this changes was July and they have receive my application was May this year

Moy, don't worry as you and your child won't be affected as you already applied before 9th July.. so RELAX!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Moy, don't worry as you and your child won't be affected as you already applied before 9th July.. so RELAX!
    well i am Rayna as i read the thread although July changes but what worry me as well is that B1 LEVEL for english?? i assume you are in FLR..right so next year you should be applying for ILR?? AND BEFORE that we have already taken the test LIFE IN THE UK TEST..which demonstrate our knowledge ing english that even the genuine english people here could nt answer if you know what am saying so its kind of unfair in the sense you know.. but it in same way its a disturbance

well i am Rayna as i reading the thread although July changes but what worry me as well is that B1 LEVEL for english?? i assume you are in FLR..right so next year you should be applying for ILR?? AND BEFORE that we have already taken the test call LIFE IN THE UK TEST..which demonstrate our knowledge ing english that even the genuine english people here couldnt answer if you know what am saying so its kind of unfair in the sense you know.. but it in same way its a disturbance
    I haven't even got my FLR(M) yet! 11 weeks of waiting already! I'm just concern about the English language test now coz by October 2013, I may have to retake it since my IELTS test result is valid from July 2011-July 2013, which is a complete nonsense for me considering I already passed it, even above their required qualification!

Anyway, I feel bad for the new applicants on 9th July 2012 onwards..they would need A LOT of proofs and a BIG AMOUNT of money just to be with their other half..
    -=rayna.keith=-

I haven't even got my FLR(M) yet! 11 weeks of waiting already! I'm just concern about the English language test now coz by October 2013, I may have to retake it since my IELTS test result is valid from July 2011-July 2013, which is a complete nonsense for me considering I already passed it, even above their required qualification!

Anyway, I feel bad for the new applicants on 9th July 2012 onwards..they would need A LOT of proofs and a BIG AMOUNT of money just to be with their other half..
    so its means on my case as ive applied the ILR..i have to take that b1 level for english aside from that UK LIFE TEST
    CONFUSE.COM me now..

so its means on my case as ive applied the ILR..i have to take that b1 level for english aside from that UK LIFE TEST
    CONFUSE.COM me now..
    NOOOOOO... you won't have to take any tests as you've already applied for ILR before 9th July...RELAX Moy, these changes won't have any effect on you at all.. well unless you sponsor a dependent from the Philippines after 9th July
    -=rayna.keith=-

Someone asked for the sponsors under pension..here it is..

APPENDIX B – MEETING THE FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT

Category E: Pension
    156. The gross annual income from any State (UK Basic State Pension and Additional or Second State Pension, or foreign) or private pension received by the sponsor or the applicant can count towards the financial requirement applicable to the application. The annual amount may be counted where the pension has become a source of income at least 28 days prior to the application.

157. This can be used in combination with other categories as described.

158. The gross amount of any State (UK or foreign) or private pension received by the sponsor or the applicant in the 12 months prior to the application can be used in combination with other income for that period as described.

-=rayna.keith=-

your lucky Rayna my misses has had to take IELTS many times, becuase she needed at least 6.5 or was it 7 in each section of the academic version and also becuase it expired not for UKBA thou for the GMC (general Medical Council ) like your english is going to get worse the longer you've been here
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    your lucky Rayna my misses has had to take IELTS many times, becuase she needed at least 6.5 or was it 7 in each section of the academic version and also becuase it expired not for UKBA thou for the GMC (general Medical Council ) like your english is going to get worse the longer you've been here
    That's what Keith was saying to me, like they think the spouses would lose the ability to speak English after they live here for 2 years..like an expiry date..hahahaha..

Anyway, what I just read was, for the new applicants (spouses from outside UK) on 9th July onwards, they need to present a Basic Level or A1 level of English only...upon their settlement application after 5 years, a B1 level of English and Life in the UK test should be presented...
    -=rayna.keith=-

well your one of the only filipina's who comes on here, and doesn't take prisoners and has a sense of humor

it seems i've known you a life time, like a life in prison sentence

Hi Guys
    Hope you are all well, just digested this lot - and the only issue we have to be concerned about I think is that if we apply for the ILR next July 2013 Rina will not need to retake the TOEIC test. She only got an A1.
    Ive booked her in for the LIUK test 30th June in Milton Keynes - now they are charging £50 but I guess many know that already.

I agree with so many comments here - they cant reduce net immigration from EU and so have to make it mission impossible to get here!

Cheers
    Tone

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    Ive booked her in for the LIUK test 30th June in Milton Keynes - now they are charging £50 but I guess many know that already.
    Is that 30th June 2012, Tone?

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    Is that 30th June 2012, Tone?
    Yes Mate end of this month. Just got the 2012 books and practice tests, but Rina seems to have her head around most of it.
    Our Son will be due Aug 2nd so I also thought best to get it out of the way before he pops out!

Joe - yeah I know it seems we as people have no voice anymore - we are living in a dictatorship thats how I see it - as soon as I can personally I want out of this place - but I've been in that place for many years!

Tone

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post

I agree with so many comments here - they cant reduce net immigration from EU and so have to make it mission impossible to get here!
    its these restrictions should be placed on people from the EU and outside of the EU who want to come to the UK, but not if your married to a British citizen, it should be your legal right to bring your partner to the UK no matter what country they are from. we should have the rights the European in the Uk have, a virtually legal right to bring your partner and it doesn't cost anything, those from outside the UK, Europeans and those from outside Europe should face these restrictions, if the person cannot support their family they shouldnt be allowed to come to the UK, its all so wrong and unfair to be discriminated in your own country

well your one of the only filipina's who comes on here, and doesn't take prisoners and has a sense of humor

it seems i've known you a life time, like a life in prison sentence
    you should have known me in my pass life Joe's

I appologise if these questions are selfish but the answers may help others too.

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    I appologise if these questions are selfish but the answers may help others too.
    no their not selfish at all thats what were all here for help and advice

Thanks joe.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    Thanks joe.
    Joe is fast asleep. He has had a busy day.

and i cant bloody aslept thinking

Reading the family Migration - statement of intent:

101. This list of factors associated with genuine and non-genuine relationships will be set out in published UK Border Agency guidance and used in the consideration of partner applications under the Immigration Rules, and of residence document applications from non-EEA partners under the EEA Regulations.
    102. In assessing whether a relationship is genuine and subsisting, consideration should be given to the following lists of factors, which are not exhaustive.

FACTORS WHICH MAY BE ASSOCIATED WITH A GENUINE RELATIONSHIP
    103. These factors include:
    The couple are in a current, long-term relationship and are able to provide satisfactory evidence of this.
    The couple have been or are co-habiting and are able to provide satisfactory evidence of this.
    The couple have children together (biological, adopted or step-children) and shared responsibility for them.
    The couple share financial responsibilities, e.g. a joint mortgage/tenancy agreement, a joint bank account and/or joint savings, utility bills in both their names.
    The sponsor and/or applicant have visited the other’s home country and family and are able to provide evidence of this. (The fact that an applicant has never visited the UK will not be regarded as a negative factor, but it is a requirement of the Immigration Rules that the couple have met in person).
    The couple, or their families acting on their behalf, have made definite plans concerning the practicalities of the couple living together in the UK. In the case of an arranged marriage, the couple agree with the plans made by their families.

Has anyone come across the new guidelines mentioned in 101?
    103 mentions financial responsibilities in both names... Would this be pertinent to a new marriage? I intend to have the tenancy agreement amended prior to the marriage, but utility bills also? If for example we lodge the visa application at the end of October and it takes 3 or 4 months to process and then another month for Niechel to move here, that would entail an unecessary additional expense by losing the single person occupancy discount on council tax.

... WOW ... this thread has gathered more momentum - within a shorter space of time - than ANY I've ever seen hitherto!

... hardly surprising, mind you!

Gosh... reading all the posts and comments makes me worry even I already have ILR. Immigration always change the rules and add more tests to make it harder to Migrants. I hope they are not going to make any changes in British citizenship this time.

Quote Originally Posted by scottishbride View Post
    I hope they are not going to make any changes in British citizenship this time.
    i dont think so, they would rather take your money for citizenship than have people on ILR,

talking about citizenship..won't these new changes coincide with the current rules/requirements for naturalization? Or am I not understanding correctly the requirements for naturalization?

Residential requirements

In order to demonstrate the residential requirements for naturalisation you need to:

- have been resident in the United Kingdom for at least three years (this is known as the residential qualifying period); and
    - have been present in the United Kingdom three years before the date of your application; and
    - have not spent more than 270 days outside the United Kingdom during the three-year period; and
    - have not spend more than 90 days outside the United Kingdom in the last 12 months of the three-year period; and
    - have not been in breach of the immigration rules at any stage during the three-year period.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/br...nerofcitizen/#
    -=rayna.keith=-

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information