Thread: IMPORTANT READ THIS 'Statement of intent: Family migration'

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulypoos1973 View Post
    OMG I cant believe how drastic the financial changes are, previously I earnt enough to pass the financial criteria but now Im earning a lot less then is required.

I was married in May, and Im already missing my wife so much...was preparing documents for visa application but what now, does this mean she will never be able to join me here in the UK? Im so angry and depressed at this, seems like my whole worlds caved in. :-( :-( :-(
    Same here I will never earn that much again my wife is distraught. And if I ever do they will raise the bar again.

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    Same here I will never earn that much again my wife is distraught. And if I ever do they will raise the bar again.
    Any chance of a part time job to make up the shortfall Andy?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Any chance of a part time job to make up the shortfall Andy?
    Looks like the only way to get her here Terpe. I will enquire. Thanks mate. But will I have to wait till next year for a new p60?

Banned
    Looks like the only way to get her here Terpe. I will enquire. Thanks mate. But will I have to wait till next year for a new p60?
    I dont think so Andy. I didnt submit my P60. Reasons:

a] The tax and NI paid and income received was on the payslips that I submitted.

b] I only receive a P60 once a year in April or thereabouts. And my wife's application went in in September.

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post

a] The tax and NI paid and income received was on the payslips that I submitted.

b] I only receive a P60 once a year in April or thereabouts. And my wife's application went in in September.
    got to be careful of the following,,

The evidential requirements are:
    a.
    Salaried employment: All of the following must be submitted:

P60 (if this has been issued) and wage slips for the six month period prior to the application, or as appropriate, for the 12 month period prior to the application.

Letter from the employer confirming the person’s employment and annual salary, the length of their employment (and the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application), and the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

A copy of the employment contract.

Bank statements corresponding to the same period as the wage slips, showing that the salary has been paid into the person’s account.

and

EXAMPLE SCENARIOS FOR A FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT OF £18,600
    Sponsor in the UK
    Leon
    Leon works in a bank in the UK earning £19,000 a year. He has been with the bank for over a year. Leon will meet the financial requirement using Option A.
    If Leon had been promoted into his current role within the last 6 months from a salary of £15,000, he would not be able to use this option. Leon would either have to wait until he had completed 6 months at his new salary of £19,000, or use non-employment income or savings as well.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...oi-fam-mig.pdf
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    got to be careful of the following,,

The evidential requirements are:
    a.
    Salaried employment: All of the following must be submitted:

P60 (if this has been issued) and wage slips for the six month period prior to the application, or as appropriate, for the 12 month period prior to the application.

Letter from the employer confirming the person’s employment and annual salary, the length of their employment (and the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application), and the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

A copy of the employment contract.

Bank statements corresponding to the same period as the wage slips, showing that the salary has been paid into the person’s account.

and

EXAMPLE SCENARIOS FOR A FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT OF £18,600
    Sponsor in the UK
    Leon
    Leon works in a bank in the UK earning £19,000 a year. He has been with the bank for over a year. Leon will meet the financial requirement using Option A.
    If Leon had been promoted into his current role within the last 6 months from a salary of £15,000, he would not be able to use this option. Leon would either have to wait until he had completed 6 months at his new salary of £19,000, or use non-employment income or savings as well.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...oi-fam-mig.pdf
    In that example Leon qualifies after 6 months at the required gross salary. He would most likely NOT have a P60 reflecting that evidence.
    The P60 is only issued once a year and shows only the previous tax year earnings and tax paid etc. So not much use.

"P60 (if this has been issued)"
    so P60's are not a specific requirement. They are only useful if you have one or more that show your gross income is at or above the requirement.

Thanks lastlid thats a blessing. I cant work my wages out its driving me crazy. Ok I get expenses on top of my gross pay. Do they take that into account?

Banned
    Thanks lastlid thats a blessing. I cant work my wages out its driving me crazy. Ok I get expenses on top of my gross pay. Do they take that into account?
    Interesting question. I don't know the answer to that. I am guessing no. And if you tried to include it then you might end up paying tax on it (if you see what I mean?).

You sound like you aren't too far short of the magic number?

Interesting question. I don't know the answer to that. I am guessing no. And if you tried to include it then you might end up paying tax on it (if you see what I mean?).

You sound like you aren't too far short of the magic number?
    Im not that far short mate and I get a rise in my salary next month. And my boss has promised me overtime. By the way my expences are tax free.

Thread Information