Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need a wife?

When I was in London last year I would wander around the streets alone on bright sunny days whilst Fiance goes for work, some people would ask me straight away if I am Japanese but would comment on my nice tan(i do have Jap blood and I am bit fair but tans up easily), I would tell them I am a Filipino and they would roll their eyes and wonder where that country is. Yes they can't even locate it in the map. I used to say it's in the Far East. That makes them confuseddotcom all the more. But anyway, I have not encountered anyone who have humiliated me for my being a Filipino but some friends of my fiance had warned him before not to get too serious with a Filipino lady as they would just want a ticket to the UK or any other Western Countries and would run off after getting the Citizenship, I know that has happened and fiance knows that too but duuhhh, the relationship grew stronger and we are now engaged and about to be married. And those jokes about Filipino ladyboys are true as well, I live here in the street of Manila where you could see them hanging out at night trying to catch any foriegn guy and yes my cousin is a ladyboy who is trying to sort his visa for the Republic of Ireland where he is to join his boyfriend. It's really fascinating to note. But who gives a right?
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    i don't have strong opinions on it, but my wife does for me everyone is a target , but i can understand why she gets , this and people thinking shes chinese make her ...

no argument, bit of a debate, its good that its woken a few people up , i work with , who shouldn't be let out on their own, everytime i've been to the philippines, i get all the paedophile and ladyboy jokes, this is how the saddo's see the philippines, they wouldn't even be able to spell the philippines never mind find it on a map ., i've been 8 times to the philippines over many years, and the filipino people deserve a better image that most brits have of them, if not the world.

I can understand why the couple on here, who are advertising the housekeeper job, when they say they will take a filipino who are running away from an Arab family, i work with 2 libyans, and they tell me in their country they get treated badly and they do the jobs libyans dont want to do.

bigtom, you will have the best and worse time of your life in the philippines, the best because you'll meet your lady, and see how kind and decent most of the filipino's are, also how beautiful the philippines is, but you will not forget the poverty you might see, if you go thru some parts of manila..

but have a great time, and no theres no argument, my wife can defend herself and me .. fearless.. talking about fearless, she needs to clean out the gutters on the roof , oh don't all moan at me, me and me stepson tired to, but its 30ft + up we both got to about 20ft and had to come back down , but the wife, pushing past, at a height of 5ft in her slippers, was up the ladder and cleaning the gutters before we could blink.. what a gal, thats filipina's for you , my hero
    The bravest thing that men do is love women--Mort Sahl

Fearless! You're right, gals from Mindanao are fearless...fiance have bought 4 large mirrors over the years for his place but did not have the courage to bore holes on the wall. I persuaded him to buy a drill at Robert Dyas in High Holborn, operated the machine and had him as helper. Viola, mirrors and frames on walls instantly. Call me Filipino and I'll show you one. Joe! I like your wife...tough girl hehe! Regards xxx

Respected Member
    I just joined this site to find support and understanding because the `thai or filipino` bride bit is tiresome and rude. This link is not right for this forum/group because we all need to support each other. I know when my GF comes here - we will be ridiculed and laughed at, but luckily my family are behind us entirely and that is enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gracia143 View Post
    Fearless! You're right, gals from Mindanao are fearless...fiance have bought 4 large mirrors over the years for his place but did not have the courage to bore holes on the wall. I persuaded him to buy a drill at Robert Dyas in High Holborn, operated the machine and had him as helper. Viola, mirrors and frames on walls instantly. Call me Filipino and I'll show you one. Joe! I like your wife...tough girl hehe! Regards xxx
    - how many british or western girls, would climb more than 30ft up a ladder in the rain , in her flip flops , and think nothing of it , i felt ashamed that i couldn't climb up all the way, but i felt not as bad when my filipino stepson didnt get any further than me ...

so respect to the Mindanao girls and all filipina girls

and about the comments about thai's and filipina girls, well i dont know if my wife has had anything said to her, anyone who did would have to be stupid to her face , but ive had all the jokes from people i work with, about mail order brides, ladyboys, paedophiles , etc... just stupid and ignorant people

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    - how many british or western girls, would climb more than 30ft up a ladder in the rain , in her flip flops , and think nothing of it , i felt ashamed that i couldn't climb up all the way, but i felt not as bad when my filipino stepson didnt get any further than me ...

so respect to the Mindanao girls and all filipina girls

and about the comments about thai's and filipina girls, well i dont know if my wife has had anything said to her, anyone who did would have to be stupid to her face , but ive had all the jokes from people i work with, about mail order brides, ladyboys, paedophiles , etc... just stupid and ignorant people
    I would haha but I would do it on barefeet as flipflops might slow me down. That's just how Filipina girls are made of like pasta in Italy (al dente) firm and tough i sould add yet tender. You're one hell of a lucky guy Joe and to all the Brits out there who are married to a Filipina. Cheers!!! You've all done well...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gracia143 View Post
    I would haha but I would do it on barefeet as flipflops might slow me down. That's just how Filipina girls are made of like pasta in Italy (al dente) firm and tough i sould add yet tender. You're one hell of a lucky guy Joe and to all the Brits out there who are married to a Filipina. Cheers!!! You've all done well...
    How about "eyetalians"...???

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    How about "eyetalians"...???
    And oh yeah, Italians too...sorry for missing you out Aromulus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information