Thread: confused re: new rules i want to cry

confused re: new rules i want to cry

is it still safe for me to apply for a settlement visa application by the end of this month? just found out about the rules now and we are rushing it. i want to cry so bad

Trusted Member
    Best that you apply as soon as possible, IF you and your partner can satisfy all the current requirements.

The new rules have not been introduced yet.

Good luck Manilabong I wish you all the best
    I hope to do the same for my stepson before the changes, one question I have is if the online application is submitted before July 9 it will be considered under the old rules, but do we also need to deliver the application and pay before the 9th to qualify?

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quickwillow View Post
    I hope to do the same for my stepson before the changes, one question I have is if the online application is submitted before July 9 it will be considered under the old rules, but do we also need to deliver the application and pay before the 9th to qualify?
    You need to send the application and documents to VFS before 9th July to qualify to the old rules. Online application is just filling up the form online.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

yup, everything's set. thanks. do you happen to know how many days it'll take til i get his documents via dhl? thank u!

Quote Originally Posted by quickwillow View Post
    I hope to do the same for my stepson
    Thank you, quickwillow! good luck to you, as well

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by manilabong View Post
    yup, everything's set. thanks. do you happen to know how many days it'll take til i get his documents via dhl? thank u!
    We sent ours by TNT and it took 3 days including an extra day for a small delay, otherwise it would have been 2 days. So I imagine that it ought to be the same for DHL.

is it still safe for me to apply for a settlement visa application by the end of this month? just found out about the rules now and we are rushing it. i want to cry so bad
    I feel for you too..I am planning to lodge my application too at the end of this month and hopefully everything is gonna be fine..want to be with my husband soon

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    We sent ours by TNT and it took 3 days including an extra day for a small delay, otherwise it would have been 2 days. So I imagine that it ought to be the same for DHL.
    Hi Lastlid! just want to ask about the process of you application when you filed it..how did you apply online since there is no option for isle of man and only UK..thank you very much

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    I got the documents from UK to Manila (delivered to our house) via DHL in 3 days
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ReemaOwens View Post
    Hi Lastlid! just want to ask about the process of you application when you filed it..how did you apply online since there is no option for isle of man and only UK..thank you very much
    It's one and the same form. The form my wife filled out is the same for both Isle of Man and UK. The UK embassy in Manila acts for the Isle of Man too. (There is no such thing as an IOM embassy.) Immigration regs are not exactly the same as for the UK but they are often very close. Things change a bit for ILR etc but the Spouse visa application process is the same.

Having said that, being on the Isle of Man, it is possible to phone the IOM Immigration authorities with ease. Something not possible with the UK embassy in Manila. I did that a couple of times and they were quite helpful. I haven't tried it yet but I get the impression it is possible to almost call round and have a cup of tea with them.

http://www.gov.im/cso/immigration/welcome.xml

I got the documents from my husband after 4 days due to some problem on my address but arrived Manila in 3 days time...just tell your husband to double check the address that the DHL Assistant typed in your package...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    You need to send the application and documents to VFS before 9th July to qualify to the old rules. Online application is just filling up the form online.
    Thank you raynaputi,
    I wasn't sure because when we did this for my wife in March we made an appointment on the next page after completing the online form. I was hoping this was the date of filing the application and not when she actually submitted the paperwork in person.

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    I got the documents from UK to Manila (delivered to our house) via DHL in 3 days
    For us DHL 7 days to Mindanao

i want to cry so bad
    That's perfectly understandable ... I think we ALL feel the same way. So, believe me, you are not alone! It is now 31/2 years since MY wife applied - long before even these ludicrous language tests came into being - hence we weren't affected too badly. But nonetheless, this doesn't stop me from venting my anger over the sheer damned unfairness of the constant changes which have been dreamt up since - as well as the ones about to become effective from July 9.

Godspeed with your documents. And Good Luck to you ... along with ALL of our members who are on the verge of submitting their respective applications.

Thank you all for your responses. I live in Manila so that's 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by ReemaOwens View Post
    I feel for you too..I am planning to lodge my application too at the end of this month and hopefully everything is gonna be fine..want to be with my husband soon
    Good luck to us, Reema! Let's storm heaven for a favorable result. I am trying to be optimistic despite all this. So yeah, we can do this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    That's perfectly understandable ... I think we ALL feel the same way. So, believe me, you are not alone! It is now 31/2 years since MY wife applied - long before even these ludicrous language tests came into being - hence we weren't affected too badly. But nonetheless, this doesn't stop me from venting my anger over the sheer damned unfairness of the constant changes which have been dreamt up since - as well as the ones about to become effective from July 9.

Godspeed with your documents. And Good Luck to you ... along with ALL of our members who are on the verge of submitting their respective applications.
    I just wish they were more considerate. But thank you, Arthur. Your sympathy is very, very much appreciated.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    I got the documents from my husband after 4 days due to some problem on my address but arrived Manila in 3 days time...just tell your husband to double check the address that the DHL Assistant typed in your package...
    The reason ours took 3 days instead of 2 was because my wife has always used the wrong zip code. The zip code was wrong. So the parcel went to 4112 Maragondon instead of the wrongly addressed 4112 Dasmarinas (even though it had Dasmarinas on the parcel) on the 2nd day.

Good luck to us, Reema! Let's storm heaven for a favorable result. I am trying to be optimistic despite all this. So yeah, we can do this!!!
    yeah we can do this Manilabong! just keep the Faith

I'm sure I read somewhere that for existing rules to apply all settlement visa applications must be made and PAID by July 8th

we can do it guys!!!! i will akso lodge my fiance visa nxt week....

Quote Originally Posted by maya12 View Post
    Good for you

Anyone who can get it all together under the existing rules will certainly save quite a lot of hassles for the future.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by maya12 View Post
    Go go go.

Thread Information