Thread: Shocked but Happy

Shocked but Happy

Well guys after all the doubting I had a letter from my mp today.
    It reads:
    Dear Mr ????.
    Many thanks for your letter dated 14th June 2012. The issues you raise are very important to me and I understand the stress you and your wife are going through.
    I have written a letter to Damian Green MP responsible for immigration. outlining your case and requesting a response. I have enclosed a letter for your information. While the labour party does agree that immigration must be controlled, it must not be at the expense of responsible u.k. citizens like you who only wish to live in the same place as their spouse.
    I hope this letter is satisfactory. I will forward any response to you. Please get in touch if I can be of any further assistance.

Your sincerely

Tom Watson MP.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    Well guys after all the doubting I had a letter from my mp today.
    It reads:
    Dear Mr ????.
    Many thanks for your letter dated 14th June 2012. The issues you raise are very important to me and I understand the stress you and your wife are going through.
    I have written a letter to Damian Green MP responsible for immigration. outlining your case and requesting a response. I have enclosed a letter for your information. While the labour party does agree that immigration must be controlled, it must not be at the expense of responsible u.k. citizens like you who only wish to live in the same place as their spouse.
    I hope this letter is satisfactory. I will forward any response to you. Please get in touch if I can be of any further assistance.

Your sincerely

Tom Watson MP.
    Exactly. It shouldnt be a numbers game regardless. Politicians ought to be more discerning.

He wrote a letter to Green stating some very good points on our behalf. Bless him. I dont know whether to post the letter on here though?

He wrote a letter to Green stating some very good points on our behalf. Bless him. I dont know whether to post the letter on here though?
    Well Andy, I think that was a good response from your MP and he even took that additional step. Good for him

Keep the faith Andy

Andy.
    it should be your legal right to bring your partner to the UK, no if's or buts and no excuses.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Thanks guys.

Thanks guys.
    its a good start andy, keep us all imformed

I dont know how far it will go steve but its worth a try.

Hey Andy, save me from searching elsewhere, but when exactly are you getting married? Since finding out about the new policy that is coming into effect my mind has been all over the place, and I really don't know where to start myself. I need to do the same as yourself, and email my local MP and see what he says. Damian Green is Ashford Kent right? Right on my doorstep too if so. Not sure what my Tory MP will actually do, but I need to slap myself round the face and send the message.

FYI I shall be getting wed in November. You won't be alone in your fight, as I am willing to bankrupt myself in order to bring my soon to be wife BACK into the country inwhich we met

I got married last October but I am gathering all the info I can before putting the application together. My advice would be just find out who your local mp is and send him a email on his website.

Trusted Member
    Bloody hell !

Near-miracle Andy.

Well done for getting his attention mate.

Cheers Graham Im looking forward to the reply from Mr green.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteBloodAda View Post
    Hey Andy, save me from searching elsewhere, but when exactly are you getting married? Since finding out about the new policy that is coming into effect my mind has been all over the place, and I really don't know where to start myself. I need to do the same as yourself, and email my local MP and see what he says. Damian Green is Ashford Kent right? Right on my doorstep too if so. Not sure what my Tory MP will actually do, but I need to slap myself round the face and send the message.

FYI I shall be getting wed in November. You won't be alone in your fight, as I am willing to bankrupt myself in order to bring my soon to be wife BACK into the country inwhich we met
    Like people have said on here keep the faith mate.

Ok guys Im off to bed. Early shift tomorrow. Probably treating another lot that dont speak english.

I will never give up faith. I will be united with the love of my life again. I never chose to be with a Filipina, that just happened. Noone will keep us apart for long. She'll be back.

thats a good start , i think the new law is a discrimination for all us . i still cannot understand why make it easier for EEA countries and we know that all UK problems are coming from some EEA countries like Greece in ex ...

now if you want to marry you have to be rich or otherwise you'll stay lonely ... well theresa may love always wins no matter silly rules ........ as i told my fiance i won't give up on you or dump you even they close the border lol

those that made these new rules ought to hang their heads in shame

good luck andy

Nice one Andy. Tom Watson seems a decent guy. We're all rooting for you

Good luck Andy. Tom Watson's one of the good guys.

Rosa

Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    Nice one Andy. Tom Watson seems a decent guy.
    Thing IS, Marco ... a lot of the *local MPs do APPEAR to have honourable intentions towards helping their constituents as best they are able - when they're at *that level. It's once they attain Ministerial Status in government that their attitudes often seem to change ... and they suddenly become just like [most of] the rest of the high-ranking politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    Nice one Andy. We're all rooting for you
    Yes ... indeed we ARE, Andy. And for Marco too!!

Update on this post. Yesterday I had a phone call from parliamant. Someone named Amy Jackson (I think she works with my MP Tom Watson). Anyway she said she had some good news and bad news. She said she had a reply from Damien Green basically fobbing us off with the new rules. Anyway she said she and Tom Watson was not happy with this and will fight it. She asked me to email my earnings form last year. She said hopefully we will make progress on this. She sounded very positive.

this is it Andy!! not long...you and your wife will be together...

I am not building my hopes up Rhose but thankyou for the support.

I am not building my hopes up Rhose but thankyou for the support.
    Andy, I really respect your action on this.
    As I've said before, you are in in a very unique position which is perfect for fighting these 'new rules'.
    I feel sure that whatever experience you encounter will form the basis of something very big.
    I'm pretty sure there are plenty of immigration organisations and immigration lawyers that are looking for a case like yours. Hopefully, there are a number of us here that can put your arguments in front of these people and see if they are interested to carry it forward.
    I'll PM you mate.

Banned
    Well done Andy - sorry to be the cynic but your MP Watson would have been expelled from the party 3 years ago if he'd have come out with this then racist line

"While the Labour Party does agree that immigration must be controlled"

The fact of the matter is if Labour had responsibly managed immigration instead of 13 years open door policy and turning a blind eye to illegals to capture future voters the current strict measures wouldn't have been needed

Anyway you're making him start to earn his inflated salary - every little helps

Thanks terpe I will look forward to your pm.. I dont know about unique but its worth a go. And I am pretty sure the phone calls I made to the ukba are recorded. They gave me false information by saying there was no limit to what I had to earn but now we know there was. This was before we got married.

Thanks terpe I will look forward to your pm.. I dont know about unique but its worth a go. And I am pretty sure the phone calls I made to the ukba are recorded. They gave me false information by saying there was no limit to what I had to earn but now we know there was. This was before we got married.
    Andy,
    Not trying to raise hopes but it's always nice to learn that your MP supports you wholeheartedly.
    Personally, I believe Damian Green is expecting a big legal challenge on these new rules at some point. I'm just wondering how he will feel about your MP's support.

PS: I PM'd already

Banned
    Update on this post. Yesterday I had a phone call from parliamant. Someone named Amy Jackson (I think she works with my MP Tom Watson). Anyway she said she had some good news and bad news. She said she had a reply from Damien Green basically fobbing us off with the new rules. Anyway she said she and Tom Watson was not happy with this and will fight it. She asked me to email my earnings form last year. She said hopefully we will make progress on this. She sounded very positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Andy,
    Not trying to raise hopes but it's always nice to learn that your MP supports you wholeheartedly.
    Personally, I believe Damian Green is expecting a big legal challenge on these new rules at some point. I'm just wondering how he will feel about your MP's support.

PS: I PM'd already
    Knowing Damien Green terpe he will not take a bit of notice as Tom Watson is a labour mp. It depends if Tom sees this as a real challenge or not. Either way I appreciate his and Amy Jackson's support. Time will tell.

Thread Information