Hi Guys, these new set of rules aren't quite tested yet but I'm wondering if any of you can give light to our situation.

Basically, my gross annual income is less than the required minimum (£12,500 to be exact). However, this is 100% disposable income as I don't pay any bills, rent etc. My parents have agreed to fully sponsor my spouse but I know the most they can help is a joint-sponsorship. Now my situation is really quite easy. We will be fully sponsored by my parents upon my spouse's arrival here in the UK so any income from either one of us is "spare" money.

However, I'm not confident if they would allow a joint-sponsor to help us pass the maintenance requirement. If they do, then we would not have any problems with this matter. What do you guys think?

On the side note, if I decide to take up a part time job to make up for the shortfall, would I need to be employed for 6 months before we can apply?

In my understanding, I can send an employment contract or letter from the employer to confirm my wages and hours (which would hopefully put my gross income to £18,600).

We're really gutted we missed the July 6 deadline Hubby only recieved the papers he needed last week.

Any ideas from you guys will be greatly appreciated.