Thread: I don't think this is a spoof, but...

Respected Member

I don't think this is a spoof, but...

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012...n_1659381.html

"Britain could grow more spices and chickpeas for curries as the climate changes as part of efforts to make the food system more sustainable, a Government report suggested today.

Significant amounts of energy could also be saved if more energy-efficient toasters were invented, according to the Green Food Project which looks at how to produce more food at the same time as protecting the environment..."

We pay these people good money out of our taxes....

Banned
    Well, we need more bang to the buck when it comes to food. Just a portion of fish and chips from the local chipper is getting so expensive now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    Well, we need more bang to the buck when it comes to food. Just a portion of fish and chips from the local chipper is getting so expensive now.
    Fish and Chips cost an arm and a leg here but they must be doing well as 3 have opened up in this area over the past 18 months I guess to pick up business from people fed up with the existing operations.

Just did a quick call round and my favourite Haddock & Chips comes in at £5.30, £5.50 and a whopping £6.00 (this £6 being from one a not very good complacent long established outfit)

To my mind fish & seafood over the years has slipped into prime rip off Britain territory. What's the price at forum members local chippy ?

Not sure about fish as I rarely get it from the chippy but a bag of chips is around £1.20.

smallest chips my local does is £1, and it's huge! easily share between 3 people, and i like big portions! The Fish is usually on the large side too, but can't remember the price. Just for you guys, I'll nip round there sometime this week

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Fish and Chips cost an arm and a leg here but they must be doing well as 3 have opened up in this area over the past 18 months I guess to pick up business from people fed up with the existing operations.

Just did a quick call round and my favourite Haddock & Chips comes in at £5.30, £5.50 and a whopping £6.00 (this £6 being from one a not very good complacent long established outfit)

To my mind fish & seafood over the years has slipped into prime rip off Britain territory. What's the price at forum members local chippy ?
    I paid £5.70 tonight for cod and regular chips. My wife shared them with me but she only eats a small amount of the portion.

That's a rip-off. You'd be better going to somewhere like Farmfoods and buying Youngs battered fish for a couple of quid and cooking it yourself.

And still have some left over for another time.

Cod and Chips - Pensioners special on the Isle of Wight is £3.20 and good they are too.
    Mick.

balls. new owners and they've gotten tight on their sizes! Anyway, £4.70 for a small cod and chips

Thread Information