Thread: ILR Set M - PEO Croydon

Thumbs up ILR Set M - PEO Croydon

I'd like to share my experience with PEO Croydon , went on the first week of July for Set M (spouse)
    we wasnt informed of any problems with the system until we were at the first window past the security,...at this point we were informed that they have problems with their system and we will not received our decison today and we could cancel our appointment if we wanted to??? as if we got a choice ???
    so we went upstairs, payment made registered in system, biometrics done, went to window and check all documents , back to window to submit all documents and was told they cannot process my application and will receive a phone call for the decision on my application because the system finally crashed ... feeling so disappointed and also a bit fobbed off at travelling all that distance to a crummy place like Croydon, paying all that money for a premium service but did receive a heartwarming 2nd class service!!!

Anyway, after a long and anxious wait of seven days I received all my documents via recorded post (Royal Mail) with my passport and a letter saying that my application was approved , the BRP is also on its way as I missed a different courier for that yesterday !!

Heres how I arranged my documents (note: no staples / no paperclips..separate the originals and photocopies of each)

Scanned copies of all the passports
    Marriage certificate
    3 months bank statements (both husband and I)
    Payslips (both husband and I)
    P60 (both husband and I)
    KOL notification letter
    Cohabitation letters both husband and I for 2years (note: we just submitted from 3 different sources)

hope this helps and goodluck to all the future applicants and all those who are waiting. Happy Days!!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    I'd like to share my experience with PEO Croydon , went on the first week of July for Set M (spouse)
    we wasnt informed of any problems with the system until we were at the first window past the security,...at this point we were informed that they have problems with their system and we will not received our decison today and we could cancel our appointment if we wanted to??? as if we got a choice ???
    so we went upstairs ,payment made registered in system, biometrics done, went to window and check all documents , back to window to submit all documents and was told they cannot process my application and will receive a phone call for the decision on my application because the system finally crashed ... feeling so disappointed and also a bit fobbed off at travelling all that distance to a crummy place like Croydon, paying all that money for a premium service but did receive a heartwarming 2nd class service!!!

Anyway, after a long and anxious wait of seven days I received all my documents via recorded post (Royal Mail) with my passport and a letter saying that my application was approved , the BRP is also on its way as I missed a different courier for that yesterday !!

Heres how I arranged my documents (note: no staples / no paperclips..separate the originals and photocopies of each)

Scanned copies of all the passports
    Marriage certificate
    3 months bank statements (both husband and I)
    Payslips (both husband and I)
    P60 (both husband and I)
    KOL notification letter
    Cohabitation letters both husband and I for 2years (note: we just submitted from 3 different sources)

hope this helps and goodluck to all the future applicants and all those who are waiting. Happy Days!!
    Thanks for the posting.

What is KOL?

Presumably a Life in the UK test result cert was included?

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    Thanks for the posting.

What is KOL?

Presumably a Life in the UK test result cert was included?
    Yes its the Knowledge of Life in the UK test notification letter.

Banned

Congratulations Mari on getting you ILR

... feeling so disappointed and also a bit fobbed off at travelling all that distance to a crummy place like Croydon, paying all that money for a premium service but did receive a heartwarming 2nd class service!!!
    The extra money is just so that the application is processed faster, it says nothing about getting a better service

They are inept at doing there job properly, therefore you have to pay more to get normal service.

Service apart, Mari ... it's good news all round! Congratulations on obtaining your ILR. Now, it's "ALL SYSTEMS GO" towards your British Citizenship.

Well done Mari, many congratulations on your ILR

I know you would have been disappointed and frustrated at the delay.
    Seems that the "system" is very unstable as it is often crashing.

Even way back when my wife applied we had a similar experience.

At least you got the result you wanted without too much anxious waiting

Thanks for sharing your experiences and your documentations list

We have been waiting 13 weeks now for our FLR via their normal postal service, maybe only another couple of months to wait while they decide on what should be just a formality so "not fit for purpose" springs to mind.

One of which ... Council Tax Billings - addressed jointly - would be the most relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by malchard888 View Post
    We have been waiting 13 weeks now for our FLR via their normal postal service, maybe only another couple of months to wait while they decide on what should be just a formality so "not fit for purpose" springs to mind.
    Scandalous! You're RIGHT, Malcolm ... FLR should be little more than a formality.

Quote Originally Posted by rusty View Post
    Congratulations Mari on getting you ILR

The extra money is just so that the application is processed faster, it says nothing about getting a better service

They are inept at doing there job properly, therefore you have to pay more to get normal service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Service apart, Mari ... it's good news all round! Congratulations on obtaining your ILR. Now, it's "ALL SYSTEMS GO" towards your British Citizenship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post

Well done Mari, many congratulations on your ILR

I know you would have been disappointed and frustrated at the delay.
    Seems that the "system" is very unstable as it is often crashing.

Even way back when my wife applied we had a similar experience.

At least you got the result you wanted without too much anxious waiting

Thanks for sharing your experiences and your documentations list
    Thank you Rusty ,Terpe and Sir Arthur...I think the UKBA is still struggling for the last transition and now they got to implement another one,...who knows what the outcome gonna be ?? but we can all have a very good guess ??

Quote Originally Posted by malchard888 View Post
    they have given us the number to call but it seems useless as they said if the application is not more than 6 months you dont need to call them but have to wait for their decision on the application.

Banned
    they have given us the number to call but it seems useless as they said if the application is not more than 6 months you dont need to call them but have to wait for their decision on the application.
    I think that, for the money they charge, they should at least be able to give you someone on the end of the phone who can at least give you some indication of how the application is progressing. And I think it ought to take less time than 13 weeks or 6 months or 1 week, come to think of it. Again I really don't think it takes many man hours to check this stuff over thoroughly. 1 man hour at the most plus a couple of verification phone calls if need be.

And if lack of staff is a reason, then again, for the money they should be hiring on more staff, if need be.

save you from agony and stress of waiting like me sars but very well done of you!! congrats citizenship soon
    i was surprise we come to UK in almost same month and same year 2010i should have seen you at the airport
    A place for everything, everything in its place.

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    I think that, for the money they charge, they should at least be able to give you someone on the end of the phone who can at least give you some indication of how the application is progressing.
    I didnt receive any phone call, text, email from them since I submitted my documents ... the number they gave is only an answering machine saying they are experiencing a large amount of calls and will give you an alternative to go to their website.

Quote Originally Posted by Moy View Post
    save you from agony and stress of waiting like me sars but very well done of you!! congrats citizenship soon
    i was surprise we come to UK in almost same month and same year 2010i should have seen you at the airport
    thanks MOy !! dont worry yours will come in soon)
    they hardly refuse ILR for minimal reasons, if theres a problem with the documents am sure they will contact the applicant.

Thread Information