Thread: Vow to fight immigration reforms

Banned

Vow to fight immigration reforms

"Campaigners in Leicester have vowed to fight new immigration rules which restrict access to the UK.

New regulations which came into effect yesterday mean only those who earn at least £18,600 will be able to bring in a spouse or partner from outside Europe.

The Leicester branch of the Indian Workers' Association, (IWA), said it planned to mount a legal challenge to the reforms.

The Government said the move and a series of other immigration reforms would save hundreds of millions of pounds in benefits and health and education spending.

Sital Singh Gill, general secretary of the Leicester IWA, said: "The rules will make it difficult for family and dependants to obtain visas to come and visit relatives in the UK.

"Many British citizens will be treated as second class citizens in their own country and denied the basic right to live with their wives and husbands and children."

Evington councillor Baljit Singh, who organised a meeting with Leicester East MP Keith Vaz on Saturday, said: "I totally support legislation aimed to prevent abuse of the rules, but in this case genuine cases may be affected."

The group is to write to county MPs to urge them to support its plan to challenge the rule change in the courts.

The Government said the reforms would save an estimated £570 million in NHS costs in the next 10 years, with additional savings of £530 million in benefit claims.
    "

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.u...ail/story.html

any money saved hum i bet it wont go where its supposed to,

(quote)(Many British citizens will be treated as second class citizens in their own country and denied the basic right to live with their wives and husbands and children.")
    will be and already we are

(quote)The Government said the reforms would save an estimated £570 million in NHS costs in the next 10 years, with additional savings of £530 million in benefit claims."

again any money saved will not go where its supposed to it will get lost in the system, they will say its inflation ha

Trusted Member
    It's these from the 'Sub-Continent' and Africa that have brought about this mess, with all their damned conniving, lies and cheating.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    It's these from the 'Sub-Continent' and Africa that have brought about this mess, with all their damned conniving, lies and cheating.
    And Labours cynical open door immigration policy to secure future voters compounded the problem

I don"t blame you Good luck.

What this government has done is probably illegal. What happens if you are disabled (I"m partialy sighted) & although well educated have no chance of getting a high enough paid job esspesialy in my area. I Married in UK last yr but my wife had to go back to Ph. to apply for spouse visa. I sent paperwork which she needed by D.H.L. so hopefuly she got it in on time.
    I am self-employed (1st yr) and earned nowhere near what you need earn. If I knew about this cruel new rule it may have stopped us getting married.

Trusted Member
    I wonder if you can sue for damages.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    And Labours cynical open door immigration policy to secure future voters compounded the problem
    this is what rattles me, they all do for the votes and not whats good for the country,
    they all the same , thugs theives and liers

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    this is what rattles me, they all do for the votes and not whats good for the country,
    Absolutely, and going on their joint jollies with their criminal pals in the City and the Press...both Labour and Conservative.

All part of the 'screw the Peasants' old school tie routine.

cant tell the difference between any party

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    I very much agree with you
    Mick.

Thread Information