Thread: I need opinions please.....

I need opinions please.....

Finally my husband's documents arrived today and upon checking i found out that his tenancy agreement is not an open contract and the term that has been stated is 6 months starting from the month he stays there(Nov.2010) and his been living there for almost 2 year.We had his landlord's letter of support stating when did he start and will continue accommodating both of us but i cant help to be worried.Will it be enough or do we need his rent book?My other problem is that in the letter the landlord did not mention any other occupants.....im really worried now.....
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart

Banned
    I wouldn't be too bothered it's a slight technicality _ I'd have thought that the Landlord letter kind of supercedes the contract date. Just for the sake of good order though he outght to get a current agreement.

Normally at the start of a tenancy it's a 6 month contract and called an Assured Shorthold Tenancy. That is now almost universally the most common type of tenancy agreement. It's valid for 6 months for additional security, thereafter it continues on a monthly basis.
    As Dedworth says, as long as you've got a written statement from the landlord that the agreement will continue and that you have permission to stay there then that is sufficient to meet the rules.

Thank you once again Terpe and Dedworth,now i can relax
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart

Respected Member
    AS Terpe says, an "assured shorthold tenancy" is normal in the UK and the ECO should not have any problem with it.

Thread Information