Thread: Taking son and daughter to uk

Respected Member

Taking son and daughter to uk

i wonder if any members have taken their son or daughter to uk from the philippines without the mother on a british passport.

what would be required to leave the country if the mother was not present, or mother not travelling?

who will be travelling with the children??how old are they and what passport or visa they hold??
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Trusted Member
    Haha...the importance of punctuation.

If your child has a British passport and you are a legal guardian there won't be any problem...but more information needed.

What is the child's immigration status in the Phils ?... Balikbayon ? 'Recognition' ? Tourist ?

My British-born UK passport-holder son has travelled out of the Phils and back to the UK without his mother on more than one occasion, including 'unaccompanied' (aged 9 years).

Other than checking the child's visa status the Philippines immigration have no jurisdiction over a child with a British passport.

You could check with the Phils DFA website for confirmation of up to date requirements.

If the child had a Filipino passport that would be a very different matter. (I also have 2 Filipino stepchildren).

Respected Member
    i am currently sorting out British Passports fro my two children. I just thought that maybe when i have Passports for my kids, i would not be able to leave the country without permission from my wife. My wife maybe will not travel initially. Do i need a letter from my wife etc?. Dont want to get to airport and then refused by immigration. My wife says i can just go and take them to UK no problem. but i thought i read somewhere that my wife needs to give permission.

Trusted Member
    As I suggested, check with the DFA in the Phils.

My son has certainly travelled out of the Phils without the permission of his mother, after a spell of 3 years there.

She was already in the UK anyway....but DID have to accompany her Filipino passport-holder children out (anti-people trafficking laws).

hi, im new on ere and also looking for this sort of advice. im british, my wife is filipino, my boy born ere (philippines) is 3 years old and we also want to know the law on taking him to uk ? so far we seen on the internet i can take him to uk on a philippine passport but only with a letter from his mother giving me sole custody ! sad but true ? and it needs to be signed by a lawyer also in the fill's, now in your case im not sure because you are getting UK passports for your children ! i would like to know more on how you go about getting a uk passport for fillipino born children ? i will be watching and learning from any advice you get, best of luck mate hope all go's well

Trusted Member
    Hi Brian.

Get your boy a British passport, it will make life a LOT easier for all concerned.

As a Filipino he would need a visa to visit the UK, plus the permission of his mother...all very complicated and expensive.

Here is the link to the British embassy website about applying for a British passport for your son.

http://ukinhongkong.fco.gov.uk/en/he...e-applications

Quote Originally Posted by BRIAN WEBSTER View Post
    hi, im new on ere and also looking for this sort of advice. im british, my wife is filipino, my boy born ere (philippines) is 3 years old and we also want to know the law on taking him to uk ? so far we seen on the internet i can take him to uk on a philippine passport but only with a letter from his mother giving me sole custody ! sad but true ? and it needs to be signed by a lawyer also in the fill's, now in your case im not sure because you are getting UK passports for your children ! i would like to know more on how you go about getting a uk passport for fillipino born children ? i will be watching and learning from any advice you get, best of luck mate hope all go's well

Brian, have a read of this thread: http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....ht=#post372992

It will be a lot easier to get your child a British passport for sure. It is not really difficult to do as long as you have all your papers in order. In my post near the botton I have links to the C2 form which you need to fill out to get the passport.

Good luck, and if in doubt, ask
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sheldon1 View Post
    i am currently sorting out British Passports fro my two children. I just thought that maybe when i have Passports for my kids, i would not be able to leave the country without permission from my wife. My wife maybe will not travel initially. Do i need a letter from my wife etc?. Dont want to get to airport and then refused by immigration. My wife says i can just go and take them to UK no problem. but i thought i read somewhere that my wife needs to give permission.
    You will need to get exit clearence for your kids if its ther first time to use ther british passports, something they dont tell you when you get your passports. I would advise you to get a letter from your wife giving you permision to take them.

Thread Information