Thread: Dental implants and fillings etc

Dental implants and fillings etc

I need three new teeth at the front and am considering dental implants , UK cost is approx £6000 so thats out for me . I had private medical treatment once ( not dental ) at the Makati medical centre and for what they did it was good value . Does anyone know the cost of having implants in Manila and any likely pitfalls such as maybe the treatment and materials used would not be as good as available in the UK ? Also any recommendations for a good dentist ?

be sure your gums are healthy enough, or you may end up in a worse situation,

gums are prone to infection and in that case can shrink, the condition of gums can effect the heart so i believe, make sure its a good dentist with good hygene

Respected Member
    Dentists in the Philippines are very good and even my dentist here in London admitted that

Recently had a bridge fitted in Manila (3 crowns) total cost 15,000 pesos and the work is first class

Quote Originally Posted by Peter D View Post
    I need three new teeth at the front and am considering dental implants , UK cost is approx £6000 so thats out for me . I had private medical treatment once ( not dental ) at the Makati medical centre and for what they did it was good value . Does anyone know the cost of having implants in Manila and any likely pitfalls such as maybe the treatment and materials used would not be as good as available in the UK ? Also any recommendations for a good dentist ?
    HI Peter!! ...I got a friend (dentist and implantologist) that I can recommend to you,....she said that you need to be assess first ...when are you planning to visit the PH? I dont know if I am allowed to send you her details over here , please check your inbox anyway.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Thanks sars , nothing received in inbox so far but fingers crossed and thanks it would be good to even get a phone number for a dentist so I can speak to her . I am hoping to visit within the the next two months .

London_Manila - Thats approx £230 which sounds good for 3 crowns done privately , have you any idea roughly how much a single implant costs in Manila ? The UK price seems to be fixed between dentists , none of them will quote less than £1950 per tooth . My NHS dentist already told me that because one of the teeth I need had a crown that came off that the bit of tooth remaining in my gum is no longer enough to support a new crown so its either an implant or a denture which I dont want if I can avoid it .

good morning y'all

hi peter,
    i have a friend too. she is ortho.. her clinic in valenzuela manila.. I had a root canal cost me 60 thou peso.

was considering implants before but my dentist say it has some disadvantages so didn't have it done instead she did some dental bridge. The cost of implants was 20 thousand pesos per tooth and bridge was 2,500 per tooth.

Quote Originally Posted by malditako View Post
    was considering implants before but my dentist say it has some disadvantages so didn't have it done instead she did some dental bridge. The cost of implants was 20 thousand pesos per tooth and bridge was 2,500 per tooth.
    Thanks maldiktako , I dont know which option is right but that gives me a good idea of the costs , so an implant is approximately £300 which is 85% lower price than the UK , the bridge . If I have three then I save a total of approximately £5100 , I will be going ahead and visiting a dentist in Manila , dont know which one yet but will report back in a couple of months time on the result . I dont understand why it should cost £2000 per tooth in the UK seems to me yet another rip off . I checked also in Republic of Ireland for implant costs and its even higher approx 3000 Euro per tooth and even at this price there are people here with that kind of money ready to pay .

simply.gurl 60 000 Peso is £952 , in the UK the same treatment would cost much less , did you mean 6000 Peso ?

admin : please delete ' the bridge' , did not mean to put that in and I dont know yet how to edit a post once its been posted , is it possible ?

Thread Information