Thread: FLR(M) Under the OLD RULES (but with the NEW RULES FORM)

Post FLR(M) Under the OLD RULES (but with the NEW RULES FORM)

Hi everyone, Hope you're alright

Me and my husband are collecting our documents so we can file my FLR(M) this month, hopefully. I came here in England under the old rules and as we go through the new rules form (which everyone will use whether you belongs to old or new rules) it is really confusing in this "SECTION 7A -FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT" whether to tick the £18, 600 or not.. So I took Terpe's advice to call the UKBA to confirm that matter.

We phoned them today and they said that since I came here under the old rules. I will not answer the SECTION 7A- FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT which is fair enough, and continue answering SECTION 7B-MAINTENANCE...

I hope this information helps to those people applying FLR(M) under the old rules but with a new rules form..

Have a nice day xx

Grace and Adam
    ADAMGRACE

Good information Grace, well done.
    I'm sure that will be helpful to many on here as they go through the FLR process.

These 'one-size-fits-all' forms can be really confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Good information Grace, well done.
    I'm sure that will be helpful to many on here as they go through the FLR process.

These 'one-size-fits-all' forms can be really confusing.
    Thanks to you Terpe
    Yes, it's really confusing indeed. We really need to be careful in answering those confusing questions..
    The new rules is really annoying though.. :/
    ADAMGRACE

Quote Originally Posted by GraceAdam View Post
    Thanks to you Terpe
    Yes, it's really confusing indeed. We really need to be careful in answering those confusing questions..
    The new rules is really annoying though.. :/
    And can you really imagine the FLR(M) application form is 41 pages

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hello GraceAdam did you get an appointment already for applying your visa in UKBA? As we are trying also to book an appointment with UKBA but we are not having any success in getting an appointment.

JohnandDonna

Banned
    Yes. So one might need to keep an open mind on the ILR forms too.....new forms and old rules...

Hi there,

I just rang up the UKBA with the same query and that said that the new rules apply, not the the old ones! Has something gone wrong here?

My wife is on the Tier 4 Student Visa and wants to switch, but we are not sure which financial requirements we need to meet. Am I getting the right idea for this one?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchstone View Post
    Hi there,

I just rang up the UKBA with the same query and that said that the new rules apply, not the the old ones! Has something gone wrong here?

My wife is on the Tier 4 Student Visa and wants to switch, but we are not sure which financial requirements we need to meet. Am I getting the right idea for this one?
    New rules apply for new applicants....

Grace Adam originally applied for their Fiancee visa under the old rules so can apply for FLR under the old rules, so I gather.

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    New rules apply for new applicants....

Grace Adam originally applied for their Fiancee visa under the old rules so can apply for FLR under the old rules, so I gather.
    Correct!

Me and my husband are collecting our documents so we can file my FLR(M) this month, hopefully. I came here in England under the old rules and as we go through the new rules form (which everyone will use whether you belongs to old or new rules) it is really confusing in this "SECTION 7A -FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT" whether to tick the £18, 600 or not.. So I took Terpe's advice to call the UKBA to confirm that matter.

We phoned them today and they said that since I came here under the old rules. I will not answer the SECTION 7A- FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT which is fair enough, and continue answering SECTION 7B-MAINTENANCE...

I hope this information helps to those people applying FLR(M) under the old rules but with a new rules form..

Have a nice day xx

Grace and Adam
    Hi everyone,

Sorry I'm new here and this my first message regarding FLR M

I have been granted leave to remain as fiance before 9 July

no I got married and will switch to FLR M, but I'm getting confused about this stupid form FLR M, sorry to say that :(

IN section 7B "page 28"
    "You only need to complete this section if you do not need to meet the financial requirement or were granted leave to enter/remain as a partner before the 9th July 2012" Page 24

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...lrm1020091.pdf

Where in section 7A there is nothing like that!!!!!

SO What does this means!!!, Should I ignore the both sections "7A and 7B"?

What do u think am so confused really :(

Thanks in advance

Hi fox and welcome to the forum.

The post that you quoted actually contains the answer.
    If you are here under the old rules you do not complete section 7A
    but instead you complete section 7B

.....We phoned them today and they said that since I came here under the old rules. I will not answer the SECTION 7A- FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT which is fair enough, and continue answering SECTION 7B-MAINTENANCE...
    Enjoy your time here and have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Hi fox and welcome to the forum.

The post that you quoted actually contains the answer.
    If you are here under the old rules you do not complete section 7A
    but instead you complete section 7B

Enjoy your time here and have fun
    many Thanks

I took Terpe's advice to call the UKBA to confirm that matter.

Have a nice day xx

Grace and Adam
    , Grace ... for sharing the above information with us. It will be of great benefit to others in a similar situation.

Quote Originally Posted by fox2005eng View Post
    many Thanks
    You are most !

There's no doubt these new rules have many applicants ... but I'm pleased to observe they HAVEN'T "outfoxed" you!

Awww you're always welcome Sir Arthur, and thanks for the reputation power I really appreciate it..

About my FLR(M) it's been my 5 weeks and 2 days of waiting for my biometric :( and still waitinggggg...

but after a week of lodging my docs to them they withdrew the money already in my husband's bank..WOW!! That was really quick..
    ADAMGRACE

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Awww you're always welcome Sir Arthur, and thanks for the reputation power I really appreciate it..

About my FLR(M) it's been my 5 weeks and 2 days of waiting for my biometric :( and still waitinggggg...

but after a week of lodging my docs to them they withdrew the money already in my husband's bank..WOW!! That was really quick..
    Don't fret yet Grace..I'm currently on my 23rd week of waiting for the result of my FLR(M) application...They got my application 27 March, I did my Biometrics on 10 April..and after that never heard anything again.. I tried calling them a few times and recorded message is all I can get from it!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Don't fret yet Grace..I'm currently on my 23rd week of waiting for the result of my FLR(M) application...They got my application 27 March, I did my Biometrics on 10 April..and after that never heard anything again.. I tried calling them a few times and recorded message is all I can get from it!
    I encountered the recorded messages system too. There must be a way to speak with a human if it has been this long. Have you tried asking on one of the immigration forums? They are quite big and seem to be more focused on helping extended families from the near-East fill houses in West Yorkshire, but they may help.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/vie...d508bbad14c136

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trefor View Post
    I encountered the recorded messages system too. There must be a way to speak with a human if it has been this long. Have you tried asking on one of the immigration forums? They are quite big and seem to be more focused on helping extended families from the near-East fill houses in West Yorkshire, but they may help.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/vie...d508bbad14c136
    I've already looked at the said immigration forum, but I haven't seen any threads there that can give any contact info of UKBA other than calling them at 0870 606 7766. I even sent an email to public.enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and they just replied with a message that was exactly on the UKBA website.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

FLR(M) Under the OLD RULES (but with the NEW RULES FORM)

im so much confusing as well about it, i apply MAY then i got my visa june 13 ,2012 in philippines and soon is my wedding here in UK then soon apply my FLR, am i under in a old rules?

Im sorry, i been copied grace post, this is my worries now..----- im so much confusing as well about it, i apply MAY then i got my visa june 13 ,2012 in philippines and soon is my wedding here in UK then im planning to apply my FLR on october , am i under in a old rules? ?

Quote Originally Posted by shandylove View Post
    Im sorry, i been copied grace post, this is my worries now..----- im so much confusing as well about it, i apply MAY then i got my visa june 13 ,2012 in philippines and soon is my wedding here in UK then im planning to apply my FLR on october , am i under in a old rules? ?
    Hi shandy,
    Don't worry. You will come under the old rules so relax.

A fiancé(e), proposed civil partner, spouse, civil partner, unmarried partner, same sex partner, child or adult dependant with leave to enter or remain in the UK on the family route granted before 9 July 2012 will remain subject to the rules in force prior to that date

thank you so much terpe , ur such a good adviser coz everytime i browse the forum i keep reading your post and had a lots of idea i got from you..thank you much again

Hi Everyone, I am sorry but I am confused if my FLR application will still be under the old rule.
    I filed my visa application June 29, 2012. I received that my visa is ready to be collected on July 10 or 11. Then, I went to get my passport July 12. My visa validity starts on July 29.

The answer is obvious but I am hoping it is a yes.

Quote Originally Posted by filbrit View Post
    Hi Everyone, I am sorry but I am confused if my FLR application will still be under the old rule.
    I filed my visa application June 29, 2012. I received that my visa is ready to be collected on July 10 or 11. Then, I went to get my passport July 12. My visa validity starts on July 29.

The answer is obvious but I am hoping it is a yes.

-im sorry honey but like what u said its pretty obvious. Ur visa validity is july 29 so u will be under the new rules. Btw, atleast u did not waited that long to have ur visa granted. Ur still very lucky. Some waited 2,3,4 months, mine took 30 working days
    And got it 28 May, 2012.

No Roland that's not correct at all. Where's your source for that?
    Please be more careful when making such categoric statements about these important issues.

Here's what UKBA clearly state:-

Those who, before 9 July 2012, have applied for initial or further leave under the rules in force prior to that date will, if they qualify for it, be granted leave under those rules and will continue to be dealt with under those rules through to indefinite leave to remain if they qualify for it
    filbrit, relax, all is OK
    Your application was made prior to the implementation of the new rules on 9th July 2012.
    As stated above by UKBA you will continue to be reviewed under the old rules an a 3 year immigration journey to ILR.

Thread Information