Thread: Cost of wedding, does this sound ok/normal/ridiculous/rip-off/stop moaning Ian etc?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Respected Member
    I am making preparations to marry mid September in Paranaque City. It will be a civil wedding with a reception held at a restaurant afterwards. What started out as a small wedding has grown to 100 guests being invited. We bought a wedding package at the restaurant, which is about 45,000 pesos and includes all decorations, cake, souvenirs, PA system. I will be the only westerner there.

The restaurant is booked for only 2 hours at lunch time and we marry in the morning so this event will go very quickly.

The honeymoon will be for one month and I am using it as an excuse to go travelling. After staying in a nice hotel in Manila and a few nights at Boracay we will be backpacking and travelling around the Visayas. Excluding the honeymoon, the cost of the wedding, reception, rings and dress will be around 1400 -1500 pounds.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Moving Forward View Post
    I am making preparations to marry mid September in Paranaque City. It will be a civil wedding with a reception held at a restaurant afterwards. What started out as a small wedding has grown to 100 guests being invited. We bought a wedding package at the restaurant, which is about 45,000 pesos and includes all decorations, cake, souvenirs, PA system. I will be the only westerner there.

The restaurant is booked for only 2 hours at lunch time and we marry in the morning so this event will go very quickly.

The honeymoon will be for one month and I am using it as an excuse to go travelling. After staying in a nice hotel in Manila and a few nights at Boracay we will be backpacking and travelling around the Visayas. Excluding the honeymoon, the cost of the wedding, reception, rings and dress will be around 1400 -1500 pounds.
    We got married in Paranaque city.....but had the reception in Cavite.

Thread Information