Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Hi all

Respected Member
    Hi all
    We just got our marriage certificate today.
    I of Irish birth.and I am a holder of a Brittish Passport as well
    I told them at the registry that I am only a british subject and that I was born in Ireland.
    My point here is:
    They only just put Brittish on our marriage certificate.
    Does this matter with the Embsssy to have that other word (Subject) added on to the certificate?
    I wonder if anyone on here can give me help with question.
    Thank you
    Regards Louis & Olivia

Quote Originally Posted by louismc44 View Post
    Hi all
    We just got our marriage certificate today.
    I of Irish birth.and I am a holder of a Brittish Passport as well
    I told them at the registry that I am only a british subject and that I was born in Ireland.
    My point here is:
    They only just put Brittish on our marriage certificate.
    Does this matter with the Embsssy to have that other word (Subject) added on to the certificate?
    I wonder if anyone on here can give me help with question.
    Thank you
    Regards Louis & Olivia
    As a British Citizen and the holder of a British Passport who has intentions to navigate the UK immigration rules you should take care not to create muddy waters.

Here's what UKBA say about Who is a British subject?

Respected Member
    (Here's what UKBA say about Who is a British subject?)

Thank you for this very valuable link
    It's I was born before 1948
    I now remember back in 1963 when I applied for a british passport and I had to sign a form to remain a British Subject.

Respected Member
    Hi all
    Many thank you's for the great support you gave me while I was in the Philippines...
    We took the our marriage certificate to the N.S.O office in Manila, only to be told by the staff there that it had not been fully endorsed by the registry office in Digos City. Thankfully Olivia called her sister in Digos to get another one sent to us by L.B.C to Manila.
    And it came the very next day.

When we showed them the fully endorsed certificate, they then told us that they will not give it back to us until 20th Nov.

I am now back in the UK as I had a very serious problem with my left eye. Thank God I got back in time to save it from any further damage...I'm not knocking the medical profession in the Philippine.

I am now on treatment, which I am afraid to say, I feel that i would have never got the quality like this back in the Philippines and the nearest eye clinic to suit my needs was a flight away by plane, in Cebu, Anyway, Moorefield's eye hospital is of world class and it has all my records there too.

Please does anyone know the official British Embassy in the Philippines check list? We need to know this before we fill in our visa application form..
    The trouble is as far as I know it is only available at the end of the form filling online..
    I would like to know what it is now before we complete this form..
    Can anyone help us on this?

Thank you with kind regards to all
    From Olivia and Louis

Respected Member

Please does anyone know the official British Embassy in the Philippines check list?

Please does anyone know the official British Embassy in the Philippines check list? We need to know this before we fill in our visa application form..
    The trouble is as far as I know it is only available at the end of the form filling online..

From Olivia and Louis

From Olivia and Louis
    Sorry Louis, I missed your previous post somehow.

I stand to be corrected, but as far as I am aware there is no official checklist.
    The documents you MUST supply are clearly indicated by UKBA and are dependent upon your circumstances at application.

If feel you need any specific guidance on immigration rules and requirements just shout out.
    All of us here are more than willing to help your success.

Respected Member
    Hello Terpe
    Thank you very much for your supprt and great help..
    this is my point I don't know what, where or how to find

"The documents you MUST supply are clearly indicated by UKBA and are dependent upon your circumstances at application." on which page do I find this?
    With warm regards from us both Louis & Olivia..

Hello Terpe
    Thank you very much for your supprt and great help..
    this is my point I don't know what, where or how to find

"The documents you MUST supply are clearly indicated by UKBA and are dependent upon your circumstances at application." on which page do I find this?
    With warm regards from us both Louis & Olivia..
    I'm not ignoring your post. Been real busy today and just leaving now for our local bonfire night display and party.

In the meantime try to review these links and note down the documents each of them they say you need.

All New Guide - How to apply for a Spouse/Partner Visa

and here

Documents required

Take a look at the application form here

The Financial Requirement Appendix form here

and the

Supporting Documents Guidance here

Respected Member
    Hi Terpe
    Thank you for this very valuable information

Now I looked at the financial side of this too.
    I am registered disable with DLA payments with carers’ allowances as well.
    I have some savings and also able to show that I can support my wife on my income without her ever needing to approach any extra from our welfare system here in the UK.

I also have my housing allowances and council tax allowances..
    From my income I can fully support us both in a fairly decent manner; we will not want for food, shelter or to worry too much about paying our bills, emery and other household bills too, still have a reasonable quality of life style.

Which will allows us to short holiday or two each year, God willing?

And we will also still have a little of some money left over to save for a rainy day.

It took me 3 years to make up my mind and find the courage to take the plunge to catch a flight over to a country that I did not feel sure about and I went over twice this year to visit Olivia and I realise that I also love and care for her very much as she has shown me that she feels totally the same way towards me too.

On that second trip we were married at the local registry office in Digos City Hall.

Both of us have never been married before.
    Olivia is 45 and I am 67;
    If it pleases God?
    Then I will be 68 in December of this year 2012?

Can they refuse her the visa upon these grounds, especially as I do need her help and support too?
    I think I once read some time ago about a similar case such as mine?
    And this I think was taken to an appeal was successful in its outcome.

Thank you with warm regards from us both Louis & Olivia

....From my income I can fully support us both....
    Louis,

With your DLA you will be exempted from the Financial Requirement income thresholds

To evidence your exemption you must provide the following documents for your wife's application:-

- Official documentation from HMRC confirming the entitlement and the amount received.

- At least one bank statement showing payment of the benefit or allowance into your named account.

Your exemption means that you'll need to provide documentary evidence that you can provide adequate maintainance and and accommodation without recourse to public funds, and without relying on promises of third party support

Simply put in plain English, this means clearly evidencing that, after housing costs have been deducted, there's available to the family the level of gross income that would be available to them if the family was in receipt of income support.

The current (2012/2013) income support level for a couple is £111.45 ( I'm assuming that you not receiving ESA )

Just be sure that you take account of any benefits/payments/discounts etc that you will no longer be entitled if you are no longer living alone.
    (eg Your council tax single discount will be lost)
    Also that you are very careful about any increased benefits/payments/discounts you may be entitled to because you are living together as a couple.

Remember no recourse to public funds, and no additional public funds solely on the basis of your wife being with you.

....Can they refuse her the visa upon these grounds, especially as I do need her help and support too?....
    Louis, personally I would just keep the application as straightforward as possible.

You should try to minimise the risk of any additional scrutiny around the genuineness of relationship.
    The UKBA could decide to take negative issue on this subject and it's within the realms of possibility to refuse if they consider the marriage to be a sham in any way

May I ask, does Olivia have any professional connection or qualification either with nursing or as a carer?

No offence intended Louis, just trying to cover all bases.

If you have a specific need to divulge anything to UKBA about this aspect, may I suggest you would be well professional guidance with the application as it would no longer be 'straightforward'

Immigration law has plenty of twists and turns and it's just too serious and costly to make mistakes.

Respected Member
    Hi Terpe
    Well I have read deep into what you just wrote here and I have to say I totally agreed with everything you have written.
    Thank God I have seen the light in time.

That was close I almost made a complete cock up here with the application form.

Right it is back to the drawing board for us now.
    I also realised that I have far too much information to show them. I lke that idea, 'just keep it simple'
    With regards from us both
    Louis & Olivia

Banned
    congratulations on your marriage Louis--well done mate.

i'm keenly interested in your ongoing story--do keep us posted.

Respected Member
    Thank you bigmac
    Its a lot of hard work, but I get some good help on here..

Respected Member
    Hi all
    I hope you are doing ok?
    I've been kind of quiet on this site these couple of weeks

Soon Olivia and I are going to have to get started on the spouse visa

We should get our marriage certificate back to us by the middle of next week, hopefully they will keep their word and send it to us on time...

I am bit nervous about the visa form as I find it way out of my depth at the best of time upon after looking at it.

Still we have got to do this as it is the only chance that Olivia and myself can have if we are to live as a real married couple if we are granted this?

We are going to try and fill this form by ourselves.

We have had a lot of great help and support from all of you on this site and we can not thank you enough for this, but if we can get any more help from anyone on here who has already trodden down this road ahead of us?
    We would be eternally grateful to you

Thank you once again.
    Louis & Olivia

Respected Member
    Hi Terpe

A question please

Looking at the visa web site for visa applications and so on.

Could you please tell me where the VIP lounge service is held at?

Is it in the same building complex as to where the is at

British Embassy,

Makati City, Manila, Philippines ?

My wife is asking me this question too.
    Thank you
    Regards...Louis

Respected Member
    Hi Terpe
    Sorry to bother you agsin but

Could you please point me to the online application form of the APPENDIX 2 (VAF 4A NOVEMBER 2012)
    FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT FORM

At the moment I can only find the off lne print out form. We need the online one to complete our visa application

Thank you. Regards from us both, Louis & Olivia

Banned
    hi louis

reading through your posts above--this is my own opinion on this:-

you are now married--fact
    you are on a qualifying benefit which means you dont need to meet the £18600 income penalty
    you are about to spend £870 odd on a visa application.
    you seem unsure about the application process??

if it were me in your shoes---i would be talking to an immigration expert--but find out their fee first. i wouldnt want anything to go wrong now---youve come so far.
    but thats just my own opinion. no doubt others will shoot me down in flames.

Respected Member
    Hi Terpe
    Thank you for your comment and good advice too

What you say could be true, but we have search high and low and we cannot find a decent immigration expert that we could trust in the area where Olivia lives . They just seems to be only interested in getting our money off us...

Anyway we are going to have begin to fill it in ourselves now and if we mess it up, we have only ourselves to blame.

We have already starred on the 1st part of our visa application form. PERSONAL DETAILS FORM (VAF4A AUGUST 2012)
    FAMILY SETTLEMENT APPLICATION FORM
    We found the online version of this one above.

By the way Terpe, could you please show me the web page link of the online
    APPENDIX 2 (VAF 4A NOVEMBER 2012)
    FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT FORM
    This one here above is only for a printout application form. We are having a problem trying to find this,It's like looking for a needle in a haystack.
    Time is running out fast and we have to move on with this and try to get Olivia home here for Xmas.

Thank you very much

Regards...Louis & Olivia
    Last edited by louismc44; 24th November 2012 at 18:47. Reason: Missed out on some important details

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    hi louis
    you are now married--fact
    you are on a qualifying benefit which means you dont need to meet the £18600 income penalty
    you are about to spend £870 odd on a visa application.

You said here...

you seem unsure about the application process??

if it were me in your shoes---i would be talking to an immigration expert--but find out their fee first. i wouldnt want anything to go wrong now---youve come so far.
    but thats just my own opinion. no doubt others will shoot me down in flames.
    Of course, you are right about that lol..
    But it is the only way to learn, just do it and hope for the best

And speaking about experts. I am sure that many of the members on here had at some time had soom good expert advice that they paid for. Could you please give me the names and contacts of these experts?

Thank you with warm regards...Louis & Olivia.

Respected Member
    Hi all
    At luck would have it.
    I have found what I had beenl ooking for.
    We are now onto the next stage of our visa form..
    Once again to you all
    Thank you
    With kind regards
    Louis & Olivia

Respected Member
    Hi all

Olivia was just about to go to the Brit Embassy on Wednesday 5th Dec in Manila

Olivia's English Test Certificate is no longer valid with the visa application. They stopped supporting EMD some months ago and we only just found this out today from EMD head office.Charming isn't it, not.

So now we have to find another English test centre in the Philippines and I can tell you that they are very far and few between them.

All I can say to this..Thank heavens we found out in time, because it would have cost us a lot of money for nought.

Oh yes EMD said sorry to us. but I ask them if they would they give us our money back that we paid for our test?
    Suddenly the line went dead...

Anyway..we brush ourselves down and get back into the fight again

Respected Member
    It seems that there is an English test centre in Davao, which is not too far from Digos City

Where there is a will there is a way.

We hope we can get a place there soon?

Regards
    from us both, keep up the good work with helping, thanking you all

Trusted Member
    Good luck to you both.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Does anyone know about this new ruling in regards how much one must have to support his Philippine wifei in order for her to be able to come to the UK?
    I heard through the grapevine it has to be at least £22,000 per year, is this right?

(Because I'm a dieable person on state pension with pension credit too.
    Will the home office block me from bringing my wife back home to the UK?)

Cheers I am looking forward to know the facts
    Louis

Hello I just got here last July and they last time i check the UK Boarder rules is that you need £18,000 a year ... anyway just check it yourself to be sure as they always change the rules here is the website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/

My advice to you is that you contact the boarder to ask them how you can get your wife if just in case you can't reach the requirement maybe they will have some suggestions.

Hope I help even a bit. Good Luck to both of you.

Respected Member
    Hello xyrababy

Thank you for your supprt..
    Take care

Regards Louis

Respected Member
    Hi grahamw48
    Thank you
    Regards

Respected Member
    Hi all
    Does anyone know the score of the A1 English Test that my wife will need to get in order for her certificate?
    Speaking, Listening, Writing, and Reading. I heard it maybe 4.5, is this correct?
    I hope someone will answer this very soon as my wife will be taking the new test soon..
    Regards..
    Louis

Hi all
    Does anyone know the score of the A1 English Test that my wife will need to get in order for her certificate?
    Speaking, Listening, Writing, and Reading. I heard it maybe 4.5, is this correct?
    I hope someone will answer this very soon as my wife will be taking the new test soon..
    Regards..
    Louis
    Louis, I think you posted this question already.

Anyways, you don't mention the name of the test.
    The IELTS test has a minimum level of B1 which is somewhat higher than that required which is A1
    The IELTS minimum pass score is 4 in all modules.

Which test is she taking?

Respected Member
    Hi Terpe.
    Thank you for your reply
    It is for my wife to appy for her spouse visa which I think it has to be the English Test of Level A1?
    She is not coming here to work or anything like that.
    Regards Louis
    Regards.

Hi Terpe.
    Thank you for your reply
    It is for my wife to appy for her spouse visa which I think it has to be the English Test of Level A1?
    She is not coming here to work or anything like that.
    Regards Louis
    Regards.
    That's why I asked which test.
    There is no such test called A1.
    A1 is just the current minimum level required.

There are actually quite a number of tests that can be taken.

Here's the latest UKBA approved listing for English tests

A pretty good starting point is to find a test centre close to where your wife is living.
    Unless her English skills are pretty good already I suggest looking for a test that is actually evaluated at A1 level.
    As I said before IELTS is evaluated at a higher level of B1 and obviously demands a better proficiency.

Hope that helps

Thread Information