Quote Originally Posted by louismc44 View Post
Thank you all for your best wishes to Olivia and I.

Just one last question I have put this before the panel earlier and no one has been able to give me a answer yet I need to have answer to this before I can get a ticket for my wife to come and join me here in the UK...

Applicants who complete an online visa application form and pay the online visa application fee before 28 February 2013 will not need to take a tuberculosis test.

Can anyone put me in the picture about this a bit more?
My question is...As I said before we made our application and paid online and my wife Olivia had her appointment on the 14th
of Feb 2013

Do we still need to take the TB test before my wife get her flight to the UK? It would be terrible for her to come all this way to the UK and to be refused entry

Please...
Is there anyone who can give me a answer to this?
Thank you all
Regards Louis & Olivia
1. The requirement for TB screening is part of the visa application process since 28 February.
Means the certificate MUST be submitted as an integral part of the Visa Application.

2. Since Olivia submitted the application before 28 February she was not required to include any such documentation.

3. Even before the TB screening was included within UKBA rules many people were still being asked for X-Ray at both Heathrow and Gatwick. Sometimes the immigration staff would request an X-Ray to be undertaken at the airport and sometimes they did not.
Louis, in all honesty, no-one can say if the immigration staff will ask for X-Ray or if they will request 'On-Site' X-ray at the airport facilities.

Which UK airport do you envisage as the arrival point?

It's not a big deal anyway. Just involves a small delay if it's insisted upon.

There's been NO reports of anyone being refused entry for not having an X-Ray so please put that particular concern right out of your mind.

There's quite a few posts here in the forum outlining the experiences of many members on this subject. Please do a quick search to satisfy yourself

4. May I suggest that Olivia undertakes a chest X-Ray at her nearest convenient clinic. I believe the cost would be around
P1000
At least this way she would have an X-Ray
This would minimise any delay at UK immigration, but more importantly would be valid personal health check for TB.
There's no requirement for Olivia to use the UKBA approved centre in Manila.

Hope this clarifies