Thread: Dirty Harry

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Btw ... Las Vegas may be the 'Gambling Capital' of the world ... but it's hardly "Sin City" (as labelled by the "gutter" press!) ... I've long-believed that dubious honour belonged to Cincinatti.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Btw ............. "Sin City" (as labelled by the "gutter" press!) ... I've long-believed that dubious honour belonged to Cincinatti.
    Cincinatti, Ohio! ... possibly my belief is linked to an experience I HAD there one dark night on my return from the 'Wild West' to NY.

Having a few hours to put off before my next connection was due, I decided (somewhat unwisely, perhaps) to roam around the - by stark comparison with Las Vegas - dimly~lit side streets adjacent to the bus terminal.

Suddenly ... I was confronted by what can only be described as a "ghostly" apparition! And all I could see were ... what appeared to be whites of the eyes ... and a set of equally-white teeth grinning at me from a shop doorway ... !

... well ... the "apparition" turned out to be nothing more than a (probably harmless) lone bystander, loiterer ... whatever ... of Afro-American origins. Nonetheless, it was scary at the time and, despite being a BIG bloke, I deemed it prudent to beat a hasty retreat ... ... discretion being the better part of valour!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Btw ... Las Vegas may be the 'Gambling Capital' of the world ... but it's hardly "Sin City" (as labelled by the "gutter" press!) ... I've long-believed that dubious honour belonged to Cincinatti.
    It is sleazy Arthur I guess a lot of it goes on in the back streets etc. I had 4 nights there in 2008 and walking along the Strip any time of day or night you had to swat away dozens of wetbacks thrusting cards for massage, live shows etc in your face.

Thread Information