Thread: Income threshold

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So if I produce 6 months of wage slips and bank statments I dont need to give them a P60?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    So if I produce 6 months of wage slips and bank statments I dont need to give them a P60?
    We didn't submit my P60. Why the need? Its all on the payslips.....and the payslips are up to date. The P60 is out of date as soon as the end of the tax year has moved on.... Our submission was in early September - the P60 was way out of date by then and virtually irrelevant.

Andy, the requirements are for 6 months payslips and 6 months bank statements showing the pay going into the bank.
    You also need formal confirmation from your employer.

UKBA state:-
    In respect of salaried employment, all of the following must be submitted:

P60 (if this has been issued) and wage slips for the 6-month period prior to the application, or as appropriate, for the 12-month period prior to the application.

Letter from the employer confirming the person’s employment and annual salary, the length of their employment (and the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application), and the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

A signed contract of employment.

Bank statements corresponding to the same period as the wage slips, showing that the salary has been paid into the person’s account.
    Andy, you know by now my mantra 'minimise all risks'.
    I may be expressing a slightly cynical approach but personally I would include my latest P60 anyway even though the UKBA say '...if this has been issued..' despite the fact it may not be relevant to the previous 6 months.
    To my mind it's not 100% clear what is meant by '...if this has been issued..'

Others may disagree, but for what it's worth that's my 2 centavos worth.
    If I'm wrong and you follow my suggestion you'll still get the visa.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Andy, the requirements are for 6 months payslips and 6 months bank statements showing the pay going into the bank.
    You also need formal confirmation from your employer.

UKBA state:-

Andy, you know by now my mantra 'minimise all risks'.
    I may be expressing a slightly cynical approach but personally I would include my latest P60 anyway even though the UKBA say '...if this has been issued..' despite the fact it may not be relevant to the previous 6 months.
    To my mind it's not 100% clear what is meant by '...if this has been issued..'

Others may disagree, but for what it's worth that's my 2 centavos worth.
    If I'm wrong and you follow my suggestion you'll still get the visa.
    Thanks guys but I have had a increase since my last P60 so it will not show anything to them.

Banned
    Thanks guys but I have had a increase since my last P60 so it will not show anything to them.

Respected Member
    I am in a very similar situation. I work in the security industry i can do as many shifts as i require. I will earn over the £18600 mark by april 2013. So i will have 12 months payslips & my p60 should show this. I will be out of my overdraft by october maybe november this year. I wiill have been in my job in april nearly 2 years. My employer is willing to give me a letter regarding my earnings should be around £20.000 ish. Contracted to work 60 hours a week. My children were born in the philippines but we are currently seeking british passports for them. I will have been in my house which is rented 1 year in march. So as i see it, in simple terms i just apply for my wife as a spouse. And show earnings for the year in april for £18600. Jobs a good en!!!!!!. I don.t need to earn anymore for my 2 kids as they are british. And i can claim child benefit for them etc. My wife can work, but i cannot claim anything for her.

Have i got everyhting right there?

Have i missed anything?....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sheldon1 View Post
    I am in a very similar situation. I work in the security industry i can do as many shifts as i require. I will earn over the £18600 mark by april 2013. So i will have 12 months payslips & my p60 should show this. I will be out of my overdraft by october maybe november this year. I wiill have been in my job in april nearly 2 years. My employer is willing to give me a letter regarding my earnings should be around £20.000 ish. Contracted to work 60 hours a week. My children were born in the philippines but we are currently seeking british passports for them. I will have been in my house which is rented 1 year in march. So as i see it, in simple terms i just apply for my wife as a spouse. And show earnings for the year in april for £18600. Jobs a good en!!!!!!. I don.t need to earn anymore for my 2 kids as they are british. And i can claim child benefit for them etc. My wife can work, but i cannot claim anything for her.

Looks promising. No doubt Terpe will cast his eye over your detail. The new rules have been a gamechanger and for those that applied under the old rules, our experiences arent quite so relevant now...

Quote Originally Posted by sheldon1 View Post

Sheldon,
    I'm not suggesting I'm an expert, but hopefully I can point you in the correct direction
    UKBA do not demand a 12 month evidence submission. If it can be proven by 6 months payslips, bank statements and employers confirmation then that is sufficient. No need to unecessarily extend the pain of being apart from your family.
    UKBA only want a 12 month evidence if 6 months cannot make it under some conditions.

Overdrafts do not enter the equation. Only gross income.

Take a step back and review the links I suggested. Then decide your best strategy and timeline.

Yes, your wife can work. And once she is in UK her income can be combined with yours to meet the required minimum. If that helps.
    You need to maintain that required financial threshold for the 5 year period to approved settlement.

Respected Member
    Thanks terpe for your kind advice. I think we are all a little paranoid concerning our applications.. Not long before the new rules i was advised strongly about making a spouse visa application when still in the red with an overdraft. It would of been sought as living beyond our means. Now the new rules are inforce all the ukba want to see is that you can prove you earn £18600 or more. Some members like me must forget that the new rules are now in force and to forget the old ones. Its so hard to do when its been stressed so clearly for so long. Thanks again terpe.

Well quite right too !!
    Totally pointless and dangerous to submit any documentation at all that does not support your objective.

Thread Information