Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jury: Samsung violated Apple patents, owes more than $1B

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    WOW. Now you are making me laugh.
    You never heard of sarcasm...its wasted on some folks

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Percieved IT expertise - you linked him being Apple to the core with driving a flash motor
    Which must be true ...you've linked Samsung owners to buying cheap brands...even, heavens forbid, drinking cheap coffee in cheap coffee houses...ooch!....

Trusted Member
    ...If I can just shoulder my way in here.

I have a good accountant, so pay hardly any tax at all.

Banned

Trusted Member
    Talking about older computers...as recently as 2000 the computer I shipped out to the Phils for us to use had only 32mb of RAM and a 2 gig hard drive. lol

Talk about slow. You could go and cook lunch while a picture was downloading off the internet.

Banned
    I think the cat's got his tongue....either that or planning another angle of attack

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Talking about older computers...as recently as 2000 the Ttcomputer I shipped out to the Phils for us to use had only 32mb of RAM and a 2 gig hard drive. lol

Talk about slow. You could go and cook lunch while a picture was downloading off the internet.

You are funny Graham

Trusted Member
    This PC I'm using now was built (by me) in 2003.

I do have a 42" SAMSUNG TV though...connected to it....plus two mahoosive Hi-Fis, also connected up to the old girl.

Trusted Member
    ...and wi-fi...and 3 different game consoles.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    This smartphone wars is been going on since 2009, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smartphone_wars ! And I'm guessing it will be for a very long time!

Samsung won the same case in Seoul: http://o.canada.com/2012/08/24/samsu...inged-patents/
    Apple Inc. vs Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_I...onics_Co.,_Ltd.

As for me, I would never ever buy an Apple product, never liked any of it (I got friends who have iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, and even Blackberry...and they prefer to use Samsung and Blackberry over iPhone haha.. and some of my friends are selling their iPhone to buy Samsung Galaxy S3 hahaha )...Keith's planning to get a Samsung Galaxy S3 on his contract renewal and I'm overly jealous of it!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Major problems exist with the California verdict, and most of it is likely to be overturned on appeal, even legal experts who favoured apple couldn't believe that patents such as 'rounded corners' were not voided by the judge! A stupid patent as my smartphone, v1605 had rounded edges years before the Iphone appeared.

Even worse, the jurors report is now out and they clearly state they had made a unanimous decision that Samsung were guilty on all counts! They stated that the defense video proved beyond doubt they were guilty! Eh!!! That was the defence video you muppets, and it doesn't prove beyond doubt they were guilty . So before hearing all the evidence, they'd decided guilt after just a few hours

The court was just a few blocks away from Apple HQ, and for some reason Yanks think that Apple puts 1,000's of jobs into the area, and $Billions in revenue into the economy ... not true as everything is outsourced to Asia, all Apple actually is is a design and marketing company. Yanks have always been misled by Apple as they are so gullible..... and they thought that Samsung, and Asian country, was taking away US income and jobs

And back in the real world, Apple v Samsung is going to courts in about 50 countries, so far Apple have won NONE, and yet they are all pretty much the same case as the California one. Only 2 weeks ago a UK judge ordered Apple to publicly apologise to Samsung for saying they'd ripped them off. The rest of the worlds legal system seem to be using that rare thing, COMMON SENSE.

A smartphone looks like a smartphone because it is a smartphone... the same goes for a cooker looking like a cooker, a car looking like a car, etc.

What most people don't know is that the Apple products only exist as they use Samsung licensed technology, including the main processor in each gadget. If Samsung pulled the plug on supplying Apple they'd have no products and would have to basically start redesigning from scratch.

The money involved is actually meaningless to both companies, £1Billion to Samsung is only about 1% of profits, and they'd get that back by upping the price they charge Apple for the hardware, so Apple would actually be worse off over the coming years. The cases are all about Apple wanting to control the market, normal for all big companies, but reading the comments on many blogs over this the last few weeks many Apple supporters have now dumped Apple for applying such bullyboy tactics. Apple are already losing market share rapidly to Android, a much better and flexible OS, and so they are resorting to all they have left, legal action.
    Keith - Administrator

Banned
    A home win for Apple in a biased amateurish court

Trusted Member
    Then again...perhaps the UK could do to stand up for their home industries too....unpalatable for the rest of the world as that may be.

Without us bringing about the Industrial Revolution they'd all still be riding horses.

Banned
    Nice posts Win2win and Rayna....good to see the record being put straight with sound facts....at least of here ...even for a simply truck driver like myself could see the judgement meated out to Samsung in the usa was presented by a kangaroo court...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    Not really. I see your point but its isn't quite the same thing. Not a good analogy.
    On the contrary...going by win2win's factual post # 71, I am indeed on the button. Not bad for someone reading nearly everything between the lines

I got nothing against companies producing quality products at a fair price....but Apple's main motivation is rob and monopolise with no due consideration to competition.

Seeing how you've stated in previous posts you got an open mind ....really, you giving a good impression of the opposite.

Anyway...happy bank holiday Monday

Banned
    Samsung re-files appeal including citing dodgy juror

Samsung's re-filed appeal in its intellectual property infringement law suit against Apple has confirmed that an attack on the probity of the jury foreman will spearhead the company's case.

In it, Samsung rejects all of Apple's claims and argues that a mistrial should be called because Velvin Hogan, the jury foreman, failed to disclose relevant law suits he had been involved in, and had misled the rest of the jury in their deliberations.

Hogan, in pre-trial vetting - called voir dire - did not disclose a court case he was involved in with a former employer, Seagate Technology, which led to his filing for personal bankruptcy six months later. The filing implies, but does not explicitly state, that Hogan sought not to disclose that dispute because Samsung is Seagate's largest shareholder and, hence, wanted to punish Samsung.

"Samsung has a substantial strategic relationship with Seagate, which culminated last year in the publicised sale of a division to Seagate in a deal worth $1.375bn [£bn], making Samsung the single largest direct shareholder of Seagate. The attorney who sued Mr Hogan on Seagate's behalf is the husband of a Quinn Emanuel partner [the law firm representing Samsung]," states the filing.

It continues: "Mr Hogan's failure to disclose the Seagate suit raises issues of bias that Samsung should have been allowed to explore in questioning and that would have triggered a motion to strike for cause or a peremptory strike. Moreover, Mr Hogan's public statements suggest that he failed to answer the Court's question truthfully ‘in order to secure a seat on the jury'."

Citing case law, Samsung claims that in such cases bias ought to be presumed.

Samsung also pointed to other inconsistencies between how Hogan answered questions at this stage of the trial and his subsequent claims in the media afterwards. Pre-trial, "Hogan remained silent when asked if he had ‘strong feelings or strong opinions about either the United States patent system or intellectual property laws'."

http://www.computing.co.uk/ctg/news/...nt-trial-juror

I see Samsungs profit are well above what was expected, they are gaining more ground from Apple, and it appears Apple will be paying more than $1B to Samsung in higher hardware costs
    Keith - Administrator

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information