Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ipad or galaxy tab?

Ipad or galaxy tab?

Hubby wants to buy one for me but i dont know which one is betterwell i know there are other tablets out there but i like this 2 products.i am open to any suggestions,thanx
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Best quote I've seen lately regarding Apple is with regard to their rip off iPad compared with the new Google £150 job

Not sure I would call this a 'budget tablet', it is manufactured by ASUS - who have a much better reputation for quality than Foxconn.

The basic iPad costs Apple less than £100 to produce. Apple then slap on £300 profit and sell it to mugs with more money than sense.

The production cost of this tablet is probably not dissimilar, but Google have decided to treat its customers with a bit more respect and not screw every last penny out of them.
    I quote from Dedworth

Its probably worth noting that the recent court ruling in the USA will have a knock on effect on Samsung's marketing in the tablet and mobile market.

Banned
    But seriously, there's plenty of comparisons out there. Here is one:

"Compare this Samsung tablet to the iPad 3 and you’ll never, ever be able to settle for the Galaxy Tab. The iPad 3 has 2048 x 1536 pixels across its 9.7-inch surface while the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 has 1280 x 800 pixels across its 10.1-inch surface – that’s 264 pixels per inch for the iPad while the Galaxy Tab has 149 pixels per inch. No contest."

"Personally, I’d rather have an iPad than a Galaxy Tab, but not because one is better tuned than the other. I like the vastness of the accessories market for the iPad, the app store has the games and apps I want right away, and it still seems as though Apple’s support network is the better choice in the end."

Taken from the link below:

http://www.slashgear.com/samsung-gal...test-14228131/

So for now Lasltid. what is a good brand phone to use Iphone 4S or Samsung galaxy SIII?

Thanks.
    “To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heavens. [Ecclesiastes 3:1]”

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann1984 View Post
    So for now Lasltid. what is a good brand phone to use Iphone 4S or Samsung galaxy SIII?

Thanks.
    Ann. Go with the one you like best and can afford. Its all about taste and pocket really. I know when I buy my next phone I will look at both. These products are changing rapidly. When I bought my iPhone, there was less competition about. When I buy my next smart phone, I will keep an open mind and look closely at whats on offer.

Am I right in saying that they are a similar price now? I just looked on Carphone Warehouse and the Galaxy SIII is over £500 pounds now?

By the way, remember that the iPhone 5 is due out soon....

Oh my god! im going crazy now with all the phones!! hard to decide now what i will buy!!! huhuhu... only on my mind now is Samsung and Iphone 4S. i need help! for those has I phone 4s user and samsung Galaxy SIII user. I need good Batteries and long hours to low bat.. hahaha.
    “To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heavens. [Ecclesiastes 3:1]”

Banned
    Oh my god! im going crazy now with all the phones!! hard to decide now what i will buy!!! huhuhu... only on my mind now is Samsung and Iphone 4S. i need help! for those has I phone 4s user and samsung Galaxy SIII user. I need good Batteries and long hours to low bat.. hahaha.
    Well at least you have narrowed it down to 2. Have you held both in your hand in the shop? And had a go on each?

Trusted Member
    Have a look at the reviews on CNet.com

I sent my new Samsung Galaxy back because it needed re-charging in less than 24 hours...no good to me when I'm out and about working.

I believe turning off the 3g programme saves a lot of power though.

Banned
    Battery life affects both Samsung and Apple....unfortunately for the Apple owners (built in battery) you cant buy an aftermarket battery...if ya got a Samsung Galaxy, you are in luck....I bought a battery twice power as the original.....from Amazon.....to save battery wastage go to app market and search out 'Juice Defender'....one of the worthwhile apps...really works

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post

I sent my new Samsung Galaxy back because it needed re-charging in less than 24 hours...no good to me when I'm out and about working.

Looks like a good website...

Banned

Get the Juice Defender from your app market Graham..it'll do all that for you...honestly, its mustard....this is where Apple iphone fail...big boo boo.

I forgot how much I shelled out for the stronger battery..wasn't much...certainly works

Banned
    The other downside of the iPhone and iPad is Apple have decided their customers don't need removable memory

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Get the Juice Defender from your app market Graham..it'll do all that for you...honestly, its mustard....this is where Apple iphone fail...big boo boo.

I forgot how much I shelled out for the stronger battery..wasn't much...certainly works
    That's really useful info mate cheers.

Having to save up again now, but so far got 14 quid, so shouldn't take too long.

Banned
    The other downside of the iPhone and iPad is Apple have decided their customers don't need removable memory
    That's right Ded....the only way to remove the memory is to pulverise the iphone with a hammer.....shame really, such a nice phone

These are the anomalies which Apple fail to remind customers about.

Banned
    There is actually quite a sound technological reason behind this. See if you can fathom it out. At the end of the day it isn't necessary, for a range of reasons. Try and think outside the box a little. Every little helps.

loads of thanx guys,i cant really decide which one i want hubby to buy....im not really into that stuff,told him it's just a waste of money ....would rather pay the money for the house but it's his gift for me this time.any cheap tablet you can recommend?
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    There is actually quite a sound technological reason behind this. See if you can fathom it out.
    What are you gonna say to your little Filipino relative when they ask about the iphone you bought 3 years ago.....something like this maybe....Oh you can and you cant...you see I had to put the hammer through it becoz its not possible to clean the memory..the battery was shot anyway...you see, you cant change that either....according to Apple there's a perfectly technological reason behind it....see if you can work it out

The technological ideas are first and for most is to extract as much wonga as possible from these punters.....all headed by aggressive advertising...and the occasional law suit to keep the unruly in line.

Im so insensed by all this I gotta good mind to go home and put the hammer through wifeys phone and claim on the insurance.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leen View Post
    Hubby wants to buy one for me but i dont know which one is betterwell i know there are other tablets out there but i like this 2 products.i am open to any suggestions,thanx
    Having used both the ipad is much better and a decent battery life

Respected Member
    The iphone 5 should be along soon so wait for that

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Leen View Post
    loads of thanx guys,i cant really decide which one i want hubby to buy....im not really into that stuff,told him it's just a waste of money ....would rather pay the money for the house but it's his gift for me this time.any cheap tablet you can recommend?
    Before my wife moved to the UK I bought her a Samsung Notebook. Inexpensive, compact and did the job. She was really happy with that.

Also, if it has to be a tablet device, I looked at the Nexus 7" tablet the other day and at £150 -£200 looks a good budget tablet. I nearly bought one for myself as I prefer the size. Personally, I find the iPad too big for lugging around all day and the iPhone too small for my fat fingers.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....ighlight=Nexus

There is actually quite a sound technological reason behind this. See if you can fathom it out. At the end of the day it isn't necessary, for a range of reasons. Try and think outside the box a little. Every little helps.
    i cant think of one advantage of not being able to remove the memory, the only one is i suppose if you do take it out you could lose it

how about if you sell the phone you could take the sd card out, or if you drop it, smash the screen etc and send it off to be repaired you would take it out, or even to upgrade it.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    i cant think of one advantage of not being able to remove the memory, the only one is i suppose if you do take it out you could lose it

how about if you sell the phone you could take the sd card out, or if you drop it, smash the screen etc and send it off to be repaired you would take it out, or even to upgrade it.
    Why do you want to remove it in an ipad? Or any other tablet? Why would you want to upgrade it? Do you still have a 3.5" floppy disc drive in your computer, Joe?

No need to remove to send back for repair. No need to remove if you sell it. Why the need? There are easy alternatives. What do you need one for? What do you use the SD card for? There are modern alternatives.

Banned
    Why do you want to remove it in an ipad? Or any other tablet? Why would you want to upgrade it? Do you still have a 3.5" floppy disc drive in your computer, Joe?

No need to remove to send back for repair. No need to remove if you sell it. Why the need? There are easy alternatives. What do you need one for? What do you use the SD card for? There are modern alternatives.
    Will we all be wanting SD cards in our next generation of cameras?

Trusted Member
    At the offices of one of the places I do work for I have to take out the SD card from my camera in order to print off the photos on their printer (which saves me a lot of money).

So yes, in certain circumstances there is a need for them.

...and yes, I do have a floppy drive on my PC.

i dont have an ipad, i'd rather use my pc than one of them , reason why if i did sell it i wouldn't want other people looking at what i had on it b4, also for backup purposes - pics and videos.

3.5, i remember 5 1/4 Fdd's.
    programs you can replace, data you can't , have more than 1 backup. - one day you be sorry you haven't

whats cap in Gb's is your ipad lastlid ?
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

At the offices of one of the places I do work for I have to take out the SD card from my camera in order to print off the photos on their printer (which saves me a lot of money).

So yes, in certain circumstances there is a need for them.

...and yes, I do have a floppy drive on my PC.
    i've got the mp3's i listen to at work on a secure SD card as were' not allowed any usb devices

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    i dont have an ipad, i'd rather use my pc than one of them , reason why if i did sell it i wouldn't want other people looking at what i had on it b4, also for backup purposes - pics and videos.

3.5, i remember 5 1/4 Fdd's.
    programs you can replace, data you can't , have more than 1 backup. - one day you be sorry you haven't

whats cap in Gb's is your ipad lastlid ?
    Not many. Don't need em.

Trusted Member
    Well for a few years I had over a hundred colour pics a week to print out for that company...every week, so saved me a fortune on ink doing it at their place.

Not many. Don't need em.

you might not but others might, pad's are just gimmicks like them palm books etc, i've had a personal computer since the late 70's. still to this day you get beat a full size tactile keyboard, 100watt speakers and a 22 inch tft display. with dual or quadcore processor and terrbytes of HDD space, not that my pc is that spec

Trusted Member
    Mine is almost to that spec... despite me having put the original together in 2003...bit of a Trigger's Broom.

I can use the 42" flatscreen too if need be...just transfer to the wireless keyboard and mouse and sit on the sofa.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information