Thread: Phil in Jersey CI(new 2 site)

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Phil in Jersey CI(new 2 site)

Hi im here 2 try & find info on who i contact in the UK about a british or Jersey CI p/port 4 my son born in the Philippines,the dilema is do i go there 2 live or try 2 bring my family 2 jersey,so many questions

Welcome Phil,

Please try (2) to use proper text so we can all understand properly. I am guessing you are after information about passports for your children.

Please take look at the information here which might explain a few things about what you need and need to do.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....hildren-Babies

If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Hi Phil,
    Great your here now there are many members that will be able to advise you on how to do this you may want to look here http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....tering+a+birth

Many thanks to your reply,i am very happy to get such a quick response thanks

Stick around Phil, so we know everything goes ok

Phil,
    Maybe you need to explain your situation in a little more detail, I know your a little worried with girlfriends and your babies situation and need to put your mind at rest before you go by the way hows Jersey now?

thanks ive saved all the information,,hope all okay over there

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by philinphil View Post
    Hi im here 2 try & find info on who i contact in the UK about a british or Jersey CI p/port 4 my son born in the Philippines,the dilema is do i go there 2 live or try 2 bring my family 2 jersey,so many questions
    I am on the Isle of Man. Like Jersey, it is a self governing crown dependency and therefore things aren't exactly the same as the UK in many cases. Any questions that I have on this kind of matter and I phone the Isle of Man Immigration who are refreshingly accessible. You might try phoning the Jersey Immigration people....

However, spouse visa application procedure seems to be the same and conducted through the British Embassy in Manila.

I can walk to our Immigration office here and call in and talk to them directly. There is a fair chance you can do that in Jersey.

Welcome phil,
    Wish you and your family are ok

Welcome to the forum Phil

Hi matey,

thanks for the info.

Visa info request

Hi,

im planning on going back to the philippines to get married to my fiance, what documentation do i need to stay over there with my family(ie what visas)?

Thanks.

Phil

Hi,

im planning on going back to the philippines to get married to my fiance, what documentation do i need to stay over there with my family(ie what visas)?

Thanks.

Phil
    You get a 21 day visa on entry. You can extend if you ask when you get to the immigration desk at the airport.

Respected Member
    that depends how long you will stay --if staying over 21 days -u need visa -u can apply for this before u go or extend when u get there -if staying longer than 59 days -then will need another extension
    59 days to 4 months

P4830 extension
    usd $50 for ACR-I card
    P500 express lane fee for ACR-I card

4 months to 6 months
    P2830 6 Months to 8 months
    P4240

Every 2 month extension from 8 months to 16 months
    P2830
    Last edited by irishman12; 3rd September 2012 at 20:26. Reason: error

Respected Member
    steve -u dont get 21 day visa on entry -its a visa waiver

Please can anyone tell me once im married in the Philippines(as i want to live there with my wife) do i still have to get extension visa or will i be in a different category visa wise

Respected Member
    hi phil ,i may be wrong but i think u will still have to extend just like any other tourist -however if you took a flight to hong kong or anywhere outside phils -then u could get a 1 yr balikbayan visa on re-entry

Please can anyone tell me once im married in the Philippines(as i want to live there with my wife) do i still have to get extension visa or will i be in a different category visa wise
    Until you get married you will be considered as a tourist and will be bound by the usual tourist rules on visa and visa extensions.
    Once you are married you have more options.
    The best option imo would be to make application for 13a Resident Visa
    After one year under this you'll need to submit another application and then your Visa then will be valid for 5 years before it needs to be extended again.

The Balikbayan route is another possible option if budgets and circumstances permit.
    With this route you get a 1 year visa but only when you enter the Philippines together with your spouse.
    This would mean making arrangements for a short 'Visa Run' exit out of the Philippines with your spouse once a year, although this is considered risky as it's not technically allowed it seems it's often done.

Do also bear in mind that Balikbayan admission is classified as temporary visitor (tourist) and means not only must you enter together with your spouse, but also that you must present valid travel documents including a return/onward ticket before being allowed entry.

Food for thought anyway

Respected Member
    while were on this subject when enter under balikbayan visa and stay for 1 yr -what happens after that if decide to stay in phils longer -whats best option then -to take short trip every year?.

Quote Originally Posted by irishman12 View Post
    while were on this subject when enter under balikbayan visa and stay for 1 yr -what happens after that if decide to stay in phils longer -whats best option then -to take short trip every year?.
    It's a good question and likely deserves some extra serious researching.

I can only recommend the process that I know works for sure and that means the legal and safe process.

Plenty of folks will tell you how to make a 'short-cut', or how to circumvent the rules or the cheaper way etc etc but if you are the one to get pulled up by immigration then you're likely to be in some kind of trouble.

That often shared route of a Balikbayan 'visa run' is, as far as I know, actually not technically allowed by the rules.
    Very strictly speaking the Balikbayan Privilege should only be issued once per year and should only be available to those Philippines citizens (or former citizens) who have been out of the country for 12 months.
    Whether you consider the risk of a 'BB visa-run' worth it or not is an individual choice. Personally I'd rather go by the rule book since I don't really know what the consequences might be. Best case scenario would be that the passport gets stamped 21 days visa free and you get sent on your way. But... who really knows what the consequences would actually be.
    The immigration officer may dream up all sorts of ideas.

There was once a strong rumour going around that the 12 month out of Philippines BB rule had been removed, but I've not so far been able to confirm that to my own satisfaction.
    Now, if anyone here can provide a link to confirm this possibility please do share it with your fellow forumers. It would be the ideal solution for many.

So anyway, based on what we know is legal, when the BB privilege is about to expire, then the options are:-

1. Apply for 13a resident visa
    2. Revert to a standard tourist visa and apply for a 59 day extension and then continue on for another 12 months with 59 day extensions.(be advised that ultimately it's the BI decision on length of stay but legally 24 months is the maximum without residence visa)
    3. Apply for a Retirement Visa
    4. Apply for a Special Investor's Visa

Thread Information