Hi Everyone!!

I am new to this site. I would like to ask if it is possible for a non-UK partnership registration in UK. My boyfriend, who is a Swiss citizen living and working in Switzerland, and I would like "tie-the-knot" (for the lack of a better term.Smile
I am a Filipino and I am currently residing/working here in the Philippines. So that makes both of us non-UK citizens.

I have read in Wikipedia that "Overseas couples wishing to register their partnership in the UK, must reside in the country for seven days prior to application for the partnership, and wait a further fifteen days before the civil partnership may be formed."
If so, what other things will we have to consider and prepare?

I am a fiance of a Swiss citizen. We intend to file for a registered partnership in the UK and eventually register it in Switzerland. What would be the best route to go to as far as visas are concerned. We will get "married" and at the same time he will be enrolling me in a university to study.

If we get "married" in the UK, will I be able to get a UK partnership visa? Since I am also interested in studying in UK or probably work. Is this possible?
Are there any living conditions from both of us if in case a partnership was granted. My boyfriend's work is based in his home country, the Switzerland.

Any suggestions, insights or advices will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks..