Thread: Income threshold

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sheldon,

The specifics for this are:-
    Category A: salaried employment for the last 6 months
    Where the applicant’s partner and/or the applicant (if they are in the UK with permission to work) is in salaried employment at the point of application and has been with the same employer for at least the last 6 months, the applicant can count the gross annual salary (at its lowest level in those 6 months) towards the financial requirement.
    There is no discretion or flexibility on this.

Respected Member
    so should i count that wageslip then terpe?

Quote Originally Posted by sheldon1 View Post
    so should i count that wageslip then terpe?
    The rules state that you must submit 6 months payslips and the corresponding 6 months bank statements.
    The rules then go on to say that the income will be based upon the payslip with the lowest gross amount.

Strictly this seems to mean:-
    1 payslip at £1551 + 5 payslips at £1560 = pass
    1 payslip at £1520 + 5 payslips at £2000 = fail

Sheldon, if the payslip with the lowest amount will satisfy the threshold of £18600 then it's OK to include it. Otherwise don't.
    Appears totally illogical but that's what is written in the rules and my guess is that's what UKBA will follow

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    The rules state that you must submit 6 months payslips and the corresponding 6 months bank statements.
    The rules then go on to say that the income will be based upon the payslip with the lowest gross amount.

Strictly this seems to mean:-
    1 payslip at £1551 + 5 payslips at £1560 = pass
    1 payslip at £1520 + 5 payslips at £2000 = fail

Sheldon, if the payslip with the lowest amount will satisfy the threshold of £18600 then it's OK to include it. Otherwise don't.
    Appears totally illogical but that's what is written in the rules and my guess is that's what UKBA will follow
    Again, when I was working offshore, some months I would be earning considerably less than others, even though over a 6 month or 12 month period my aggregate might easily have been significantly more than the £18600 minimum. This was down to the number of days I might work in any month. If I took a 3 week holiday in a calendar month then I might not have met the requirement in the illustration above. I suppose one way around it might have been to take no holiday during the 6 months lead up to the visa application.

A way round it, Sheldon, might be to work that low month out of your series of 6 monthly consecutive payslips. If you see what I mean. So something like a November or December application.....

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    Again, when I was working offshore, some months I would be earning considerably less than others, even though over a 6 month or 12 month period my aggregate might easily have been significantly more than the £18600 minimum. This was down to the number of days I might work in any month. If I took a 3 week holiday in a calendar month then I might not have met the requirement in the illustration above. I suppose one way around it might have been to take no holiday during the 6 months lead up to the visa application.
    i think they will have to change or scrap the (at its lowest level in those 6 months) i wonder if it will be seen as unfair if this is challenged in court, if you earn £18.6k in the last yr that should be good enough.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Earnings?, Gross?, with or without overtime?, Bonuses?. Allowances?. This is doing my head in.

Thread Information