..as soon as she heard my now filipino ex-gfriend is dating a foreigner!!

Why this discrimination against foerigners in the philippines? why why why it's not fair

Why do they think we foreigners are moneybags?

Waloop!! : As soon as you arrive at airport a gentleman claiming to be a taxi driver offering to take me from manila airport to Makati, I asked how much her produced a paper showing prices to fool me to think tha't official price list and point to 1,200PHP. Now if I was first timer in the philippines then I'd have fallen for it. But I know maila airport to makati on meter is arounf the 230php mark so I declined and moved on and he again beagn searchng for the sucker foreigner who will pay 500% surcharge on taxi fares. Further down the line I queue up for meter taxi and got the 210php price I wanted.

Kachum!! Another time got a metered taxi from manila airport to makati and 5 mins into the drive, the driver turned off the taxi meter. I screamed at him to turn the fuc*ing thing back on. He started crying and said no Boss, No Boss let's arrange without meter. So I agree a flat fee of 300php.

Kabawunga!! waved down a taxi in makati at one time and before I got in the driver slapped in a 75php surcharge, I asked him why he said bcoz some foreigners don't give tips so by slapping the extra surcharge means he's getting his tips by force. Clearly this is robbery I said why don't you leave it to whoever want to give you tip give and who don't want to don't becoz for instance I was going to give you 300php tip for this trip but you loose out on 300php tip bcoz you've decided to wallop me with 75php foreigner's tax

Does anyone else have experiences like this or maybe even more extreme?

I know the taxi thing happens anywhere you go in the world but the land lady raising rent by 500% just bcoz one of her tennants is dating a foreigner is just taking the piss. isn't it?